• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

pidge

Don cherry on HNIC

Rate this topic

In the first intermission of the Philli-Pens match up

Cherry mentioned all the empty seats last night in the Joe, and admitted he thinks we will win the cup!!

He made a remark say our fans don t look enthusiastic

Edited by pidge

Did anyone see coaches corner tonight? He insulted the Wings and Detroit in every way possible. Nobody cares that the Wings are doing good?! Arrrghhh! :ranting:

Edited by jim3033

He said Detroit and Boston were his favorite U.S. cities too.

Yeah he said that right before he confessed his undying hate for the team. Totally rude. He's not getting a Christmas card this year.

He said the Wings are hard to hate. He said Babcock has them play a style where they don't retaliate. He showed a clip of Homer getting punched twice in a scrum. He said the Wings are a great team and he thinks they'll win the Cup. That Detroit is his favorite city in the U.S. He talked about the empty seats and said that the fans remember the days of Probert, Kocur, etc. and they miss that kind of hockey, which is why the people aren't getting excited. He said he loves Mr. Ilitch but he pleaded with him that the fans want to see that kind of hockey.

I disagree with Grapes about some of the things he said, but he was anything but "hating" the team.

He said the Wings are hard to hate. He said Babcock has them play a style where they don't retaliate. He showed a clip of Homer getting punched twice in a scrum. He said the Wings are a great team and he thinks they'll win the Cup. That Detroit is his favorite city in the U.S. He talked about the empty seats and said that the fans remember the days of Probert, Kocur, etc. and they miss that kind of hockey, which is why the people aren't getting excited. He said he loves Mr. Ilitch but he pleaded with him that the fans want to see that kind of hockey.

I disagree with Grapes about some of the things he said, but he was anything but "hating" the team.

I agree. I just don't think he cares for the style of hockey Detroit plays that much, but I don't think he "hates" the Wings. He gave them some high praise in saying they are a great team and that they will probably win the Cup.

Oh so he knows how the fans feel :rolleyes: . What a tool!

My opinion is the fans don't give a s*** what style of hockey we play, we can play the more euro puck possesion style game we play now or play a more aggressive dump and chase hit everything that moves style. I think the fans are happy with one thing no matter how we get their and that is WINNING THE STANLEY CUP!!! As for the empty seats, people can have all the opinions they want, we have a winning team so the style isn't what is keeping some people away from the Joe, it's the economy and the fact that the Joe is an old outdated barn.

Did anyone see coaches corner tonight? He insulted the Wings and Detroit in every way possible. Nobody cares that the Wings are doing good?! Arrrghhh! :ranting:

lolol he didnt insult the wings and detroit in every way possible.

i guess u missed when he said detroit is his favorite us city along with boston and he thinks well win ther cup. he was just hinting if they had more players like mccarty and played a different style they'd get more fans.

lolol he didnt insult the wings and detroit in every way possible.

i guess u missed when he said detroit is his favorite us city along with boston and he thinks well win ther cup. he was just hinting if they had more players like mccarty and played a different style they'd get more fans.

In other words he wants Detroit to become more like Nashville. Lovely.

Whats there for the fans to be excited about?

No Hits.

No Fights EVER.

No Personality.

Boring hockey..

Yeah, winning more often than not sure does suck, doesn't it?

Anyways, another reason why I couldn't care less what sports analysts say. It has no effects on the outcome of the games and the like, so why waste energy getting mad at him?

I just can't wait to see the next gaudy suit Cherry rolls out. :P

he was just hinting if they had more players like mccarty and played a different style they'd get more fans.

Yesterday, because I was curious, I checked the Wings Playoff attendance. We've sold out every game.

Detroit also has Baseball and Basketball tickets to sell at the same time, unlike some other cities in North America.