• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mooose kiiisses

Anyone watching CBC...

Rate this topic

did Don Cherry say something to the extent of the league will come down hard on Sobotka with a $10,000 fine for swinging the octopus tonight?... or did I mishear him? i was only half paying attention.

Wow, where the hell have some of you been?

The NHL said they would issue a $10,000 fine if Al swung octopi around. He did. He might not get fined because it was in the "zamboni entrance" or wherever but it could still happen.

NOW, with that said... yes, Cherry was saying that he'll probably get fined for doing it but how the HELL does that make him an "*******"?

Some of you guys really need to clam down.

It was Ron MacLean who said it, but I don't think he realizes that it's not the first time it's been done this year. He was in the zamboni entrance just as he was in previous games this year when he swung it, so it should be fine.

Wow, where the hell have some of you been?

The NHL said they would issue a $10,000 fine if Al swung octopi around. He did. He might not get fined because it was in the "zamboni entrance" or wherever but it could still happen.

NOW, with that said... yes, Cherry was saying that he'll probably get fined for doing it but how the HELL does that make him an "*******"?

Some of you guys really need to clam down.

are you his son or something. He also called the redwings fans a bunch of hicks on espn but since you are his son im sure you over looked that

are you his son or something. He also called the redwings fans a bunch of hicks on espn but since you are his son im sure you over looked that

the word he used was "rednecks" and he explained it today that he meant it as a term for people of blue collar-type lineage. he said that he himself was a redneck and that he didn't mean to be offensive.

chill, bro.

he said rednecks but in a respectable manner... do you only hear what you want to hear? he said he loves Hockeytown and it's people

the word he used was "rednecks" and he explained it today that he meant it as a term for people of blue collar-type lineage. he said that he himself was a redneck and that he didn't mean to be offensive.

chill, bro.

hmm that makes no sense. Im a blue collar worker, and I work hard, and I cont consider myself a redneck. Of course he said he didnt mean for it to be offensive because he prolly took a lot of heat for it.

hmm that makes no sense. Im a blue collar worker, and I work hard, and I cont consider myself a redneck. Of course he said he didnt mean for it to be offensive because he prolly took a lot of heat for it.

did you only listen to that specific 3 seconds of Don Cherry's rant? everything he said was respectful towards Detroit...

no, he said that they'd be leaning over, working, and the sun would be beating down on their neck and making it red.

<_<

And you've officially become the most idiotic person in this thread! Congrats!

If Al did it in the Zamboni entrance and NOT on the ice, then he shouldn't get a fine. The league decided a few days back that Octo-twirling is fine, as long as Al does it off the ice -

Here's Helene St. James' blog from Thursday's Freep about it -

The NHL has decided that octopus twirling is OK after all at Joe Louis Arena.

The catch is, it has to be done away from the ice - like at the Zamboni entrance.

The NHL forbade the Wings, under threat of $10,000 fine, to do so during round one, because debris allegedly came off the slimy creatures and became embedded in the ice. Al Sobotka then took to doing his renowned overhead twirl in the Zamboni entrance, but the NHL put the kybosh on that as well.

Now, with round three about to start tomorrow, the league has loosened up a bit.

I think this is great news - Sobotka's octopus twirl is widely associated with the Wings being in the playoffs, and as we all know, the NHL needs all the recognition-factor it can get. And since cameras will be sure to capture Sobotka twirling at the Zamboni entrance - and transmit it onto the Jumbotron - that seems to be an ideal compromise.

no, he said that they'd be leaning over, working, and the sun would be beating down on their neck and making it red.

<_<

Ohh well that explains it all my god ive been a redneck the whole time since I work construction.

Sarcasm over that has to be the worst explanation Ive ever read. :rolleyes:

And you've officially become the most idiotic person in this thread! Congrats!

Of course I am I bashed your dad. Im sure you are getting a huge birthday present from him for defending him on LGW, reality check im not the only person on this message board who dislikes Cherry.

Ohh well that explains it all my god ive been a redneck the whole time since I work construction.

Sarcasm over that has to be the worst explanation Ive ever read. :rolleyes:

thank you for telling me when the sarcasm was over.