• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mooose kiiisses

Anyone watching CBC...

Rate this topic

Cherry is an *******, and his suits make him look even more assholish.

are you his son or something. He also called the redwings fans a bunch of hicks on espn but since you are his son im sure you over looked that

Of course I am I bashed your dad. Im sure you are getting a huge birthday present from him for defending him on LGW, reality check im not the only person on this message board who dislikes Cherry.

yep! gotta watch out for those trolls!

.... yes, Cherry was saying that he'll probably get fined for doing it but how the HELL does that make him an "*******"?

you're right, it didn't make him *******, he had been ******* even before he opened his mouth saying that

Edited by ami

Sure some of the things he says are not so great but I still like him, and the tribute about Mickey Renaud after he died was CLASSY.

He's also the only guy I actually want to keep the intermission report on for.

Knowledgeable Canadian hockey guy. I like the fact that he speaks his mind. I don't like everything he says, but I do respect his game sense......................he's like a god in Canada

EH !

i am from ontario and i am ashamed to be canadian when i hear grapes open his mouth. he is such a tool... has he no self respect anymore? the way he dresses just underlines how cooky he is.

He won't get fined... he wasn't on the ice. He swung it 4 times there the game after it was made a rule by the league...

Sure some of the things he says are not so great but I still like him, and the tribute about Mickey Renaud after he died was CLASSY.

He's also the only guy I actually want to keep the intermission report on for.

No matter what people actually think of the man, he has a lot of history with hockey, he personifies "old time hockey", he points out the hard working people in hockey and praises them, like he did Darren McCarty last night and more than a few times over the years.

His comments regarding AL's possible fine for octupus swinging were meant to show how ridiculous he thought the idea of a fine is. He was sticking up for Al and the Wings.

He was actually being complimentary and respectful when he used the term redneck, because it used to be a term reserved for people that worked hard outside as carpenters or farmers, and he always identified with that work ethic. It wasn't used as a derogatory term until more recent times.

Its too bad that people are so superficial that they get turned off by his suits and his persona. Yeah, he's strange and over the top, but he knows hockey, and has good insights into the game and the players.

I always look forward to he and MaCLean during intermission, and still think CBC is the best network to watch hockey on. VS and ESPN are not even a close second.

first of all, the only reason Cherry is on tv is because of his shock value. People tune in to watch his ridiculous suit and hope he says something stupid and insulting. Remember the stir he caused when he insulted players that wore visors.

second, the term "redneck" has nothing to do with blue collar workers nor farmers that got the back of the necks burned from working in the hot sun. Term redneck comes from The West Virginia Coal Miners March or the Battle of Blair Mountain when coal miners wore red bandanas around their necks to identify themselves as seeking the opportunity to unionize.

and third, just because they are "blue collar" workers, still doesn't give him the right to use derogatory term. its like if he covered NBA games and called the pistons fans ni##ers.

He should be insulting his tailor not the red wings fan base...

Edited by USAFWingedWheel

first of all, the only reason Cherry is on tv is because of his shock value. People tune in to watch his ridiculous suit and hope he says something stupid and insulting. Remember the stir he caused when he insulted players that wore visors.

second, the term "redneck" has nothing to do with blue collar workers nor farmers that got the back of the necks burned from working in the hot sun. Term redneck comes from The West Virginia Coal Miners March or the Battle of Blair Mountain when coal miners wore red bandanas around their necks to identify themselves as seeking the opportunity to unionize.

and third, just because they are "blue collar" workers, still doesn't give him the right to use derogatory term. its like if he covered NBA games and called the pistons fans ni##ers.

Thanks for letting us know. :thumbup:

Nice to see you read the wikipedia of "redneck" aswell.

But, if you continued reading, you would of read this too:

Alberta and Saskatchewan are sometimes said to be the home of rednecks in Canada, due to its similarities to Texas (oil, farming, and ranching). Like rural people elsewhere, some Canadians continue to see this as a highly offensive term while others have claimed it and proudly describe themselves as rednecks. This difference often arises because the former consider the term to connote racist beliefs while the latter believe it implies traditional rural values (e.g. work ethic, honesty, self-reliance, simplicity).

And I love how everyone is up in arms about Cherry calling Hockeytown full of a rednecks in a way he thought was positive, when every other post here during the NSH series refered to NSH fans "rednecks" and "hicks".

Edited by Jocu