• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kemosabi

Random Thoughts

Rate this topic

1) What's the reason behind Versus not showing the national anthem being sung?

2) I find it slightly dissatisfying/upsetting/irritating (just slightly) to attend a Wings game (an FSN-televised Wings game) at the Joe and being unable to hear the enlightening and informative and dedicated commentary of Ken and Mick (not to mention timely and pertinent instant replays; nobody's snappier with them then the FSN-Detroit crew). Anyone think this plays a part in the low attendance? (moreso during the regular season) I think we just have it too good with arguably the best announcers in sports broadcasting (imo) and thats another reason for people just staying home. If I could get FSN on a handheld tv while I attended the games... that would be the s***. Of course, I'd look like quite a nerd/loser. 1270 AM is fine and dandy too, though. But anyway, does anyone else think Ken and Mick in your living room factors into not going to the game at the Joe?

1) I'm going to guess more commercials. More commercials=more revenue=happier company.

2) That's a really interesting theory. I guess if someone was on the fence about going for the night, that may help convince them to stay home and watch, but I highly doubt that anyone skips going to the game only/mostly so they can watch it on FSN.

2) I find it slightly dissatisfying/upsetting/irritating (just slightly) to attend a Wings game (an FSN-televised Wings game) at the Joe and being unable to hear the enlightening and informative and dedicated commentary of Ken and Mick (not to mention timely and pertinent instant replays; nobody's snappier with them then the FSN-Detroit crew). Anyone think this plays a part in the low attendance? (moreso during the regular season) I think we just have it too good with arguably the best announcers in sports broadcasting (imo) and thats another reason for people just staying home. If I could get FSN on a handheld tv while I attended the games... that would be the s***. Of course, I'd look like quite a nerd/loser. 1270 AM is fine and dandy too, though. But anyway, does anyone else think Ken and Mick in your living room factors into not going to the game at the Joe?

VS and NBC have exclusive broadcasting rights for both conference finals as well as the SCF.

what is this low attendance every speaks out about... the place is packed if you are actually at the games?!?!?!

put it into perspective... living only 25mins from the joe... I spent $800 on 4 games... 4 playoff games (1 and 2 round ONLY)

Edited by OsGOD

what is this low attendance every speaks out about... the place is packed if you are actually at the games?!?!?!

It's the noticeable empty seats in the Lower Bowl that are seen on TV. That's where these media bigwigs get their firepower from; if they actually went to the game themselves, they'd see it's a different story.

I really wonder if there's a way to limit corporate buying of seats. Those are all the empty ones. If only they would allow people to move down however many rows after a period, or allowed for people to buy up the corporate seats.

Kind of irks me that so many people WANT to go, and the games are being sold out, yet the corporates aren't showing up.

I really wonder if there's a way to limit corporate buying of seats. Those are all the empty ones. If only they would allow people to move down however many rows after a period, or allowed for people to buy up the corporate seats.

Kind of irks me that so many people WANT to go, and the games are being sold out, yet the corporates aren't showing up.

Umm Ticketmaster Season Ticketholder ticket exchange... those seats that aren't being filled ARE being sold... just i doubt people living in michigan can afford $980 for one ticket in the 5th row.

YOu can still buy all the tickets that are open during the game... I suggest ALL whiners on here and in the media put up and buy those seats!

It's the noticeable empty seats in the Lower Bowl that are seen on TV. That's where these media bigwigs get their firepower from; if they actually went to the game themselves, they'd see it's a different story.

well thats only because they take the picture at 1) Intermission or 2) with under a min left in a 4-1 ass kicking of a game1.... and people not there are stupid enough to believe the media and there biased camera shots. Thats right i called them all Stupid... Cause they are :D

Edited by OsGOD

The tickets are sold and the team is making the money, that's the main thing. If people don't show up, it's their loss.

I agree with OsGOD, the average person can't afford those tickets, so why would the Wings try and sell them to the general public? It's the corporations that keep revenues up, which allows us to send to cap and spend money on scouting and player development.

YOu can still buy all the tickets that are open during the game... I suggest ALL whiners on here and in the media put up and buy those seats!

I agree, anyone who complains about empty seats should buy them. But every playoff game has been a sell out, so there's nothing left anyway.

Ken Daniels is fantastic, for sure. Such a classy, informed guy, but he knows how to restrain himself from getting too emotionally engaged in the team or a moment. The most I'll hear him do is stick in a "hooked" or "slashed" during a play-by-play. We're spoiled.