• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sixer

Suspension Update

Rate this topic

I highly doubt McCarty (or anyone else) is going to do anything to Ribeiro this series. This is the kind of thing you take care of next regular season.

EXACTLY! Finally, someone with some common sense. Who cares whether he's suspended or not? Osgood wasn't injured, and the Wings lead the series 2-0. Sweep them and get revenge by sending the Stars to their Thursday morning tee times.

Edited by MotownIce

I'd love to hear Bettman's take on this on NHL Hour on XM this Thursday. There's no way he'll be able to talk his way out of this one.

Oh I'm sure he'll find a way to weasel around it, just like every criticism that is put forward against him.

I'd love to hear Bettman's take on this on NHL Hour on XM this Thursday. There's no way he'll be able to talk his way out of this one.

Interviewer: Question 1: What are your feelings on the disciplinary actions given as a result of the situation that took place after the game in Detroit on Saturday, concerning Osgood and Ribeiro?

Bettman: What a great looking question.

Interviewer: Question 2: ...

The worst thing they could do is make Ribeiro's actions look equal to Osgood's, or that a two-handed slash is allowed in retaliation, by giving them both fines. A terrible precedence has now been set.

Edited by Nero

Just remember folks... We need to beat Dallas 2 more times to get to the Stanley Cup Finals....

Any relatiation will be looked at by the league and suspensions can be handed out...

My worries are Dallas is starting to play a little dirty and throw in some cheap shots... I do not want any Wings getting injured, key players we need to suceed...

If Homer would have slashed Turd-Co like that he'd be sitting a game for sure. The next game should be an exciting one. I hope we assault them early on with a flurry of goals and shut their fans up. Time for the ole D-Town Beatdown. Wings in 4, *******!

I highly doubt McCarty (or anyone else) is going to do anything to Ribeiro this series. This is the kind of thing you take care of next regular season.

Lilja and Mac dealing out retribution.. that's funny... Lillypants can't fight and Mac can't catch anyone to lay a hit on them. Focus on winning game three and if the series ends up 3 games to zero, then game 4 let the goonery go. Put Downey in, put in Abdelkader, put in the players who can and will hit, who will play with an edge. Hell, take runs at, cheap shots at or two handed swings at Turco, its not like anyone is really going to get suspended.

Well it's good to know you're allowed to two hand a stick dangerously across another player. I guess the next time Turco trips or slashes our guys - we can two hand a stick across the POS.

and if Turco is given a 2 min. penalty he should get fined as well! Right? Ha ha.

Typical NHL , you can't fight but cheapshots like this are OK. I'm speaking in general terms but that about sums it up, at least to me.

Good, I'm glad there are no suspensions.

And everybody needs to take off their homer goggles for just a few moments. We can debate the severity or the degree of Osgood "accidentally" or "intentionally" starting stuff with the knob of his stick. The fact is he still did something to provoke Riberio. While I'll admit a "love tap" is nothing to get too worked up over, I still understand their decision to fine him. Same with Riberio.

The incident happened, it's being blown way out of proportion by fans/media, let's move on.

Again, I'm glad there are no suspensions, shouldn't be any excuses if the Red Wings beat the Stars due to it being to an "incomplete" roster or somebody being "suspended".

while im upset no suspension was given, lets just have the Wings do their business in dallas. if we can sweep, AMAZING, if we can split the next two games. im very pleased.

GO WINGS!

Let's forget the incident and make them pay by eliminating them a fast as possible.

Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

Exactly. No better suspension than a long summer playing golf for the whole stars team. :thumbup:

And everybody needs to take off their homer goggles for just a few moments. We can debate the severity or the degree of Osgood "accidentally" or "intentionally" starting stuff with the knob of his stick. The fact is he still did something to provoke Riberio. While I'll admit a "love tap" is nothing to get too worked up over, I still understand their decision to fine him. Same with Riberio.

The incident happened, it's being blown way out of proportion by fans/media, let's move on.

Again, I'm glad there are no suspensions, shouldn't be any excuses if the Red Wings beat the Stars due to it being to an "incomplete" roster or somebody being "suspended".

Ozzie was in the wrong, I 100% agree. But being provoked doesn't make what Ribiero did okay. Chris Simon was provoked when Hollweg concussed him, was his tomohawk chop okay...NO...

I'm not saying Ribiero's was close to Simon's. Just that being provoked is not an excuse to use the stick as a weapon.

Right on. I can't believe how big of a deal this has become. The whole thing was pretty harmless. Silly.

Ozzie was in the wrong, I 100% agree. But being provoked doesn't make what Ribiero did okay. Chris Simon was provoked when Hollweg concussed him, was his tomohawk chop okay...NO...

I'm not saying Ribiero's was close to Simon's. Just that being provoked is not an excuse to use the stick as a weapon.

No doubt about it, I'm definitely not excusing Riberio's actions whatsoever. He was wrong, just like Osgood was, hence me stating I understand why both were fined.

Maybe Hudler can jump him and then we'll see a "hobbit fight".

:lol:

Also, I take back what I said earlier about Lilja fighting him. Lilja would murder that poor Ribeiro kid based on what we've seen from "PAIN TRAIN" before. That would be bad for the Red Wings organization.

...what this shows is that if you cannot beat a goalie, hack him like he were a redWOOD not a Red Wing...

...Of course there is no suspension, Dallas doesn't have a chance, take Ribiero out and they'll pull a Colorado on us...

...could you imagine if Holmstrom would have slashed back at Turco after Turco hacked him in the ankle?

...There will be no retaliation, the Wings and Babcock are the smarter team. Osgood wasn't injured, so Ribiero just made himself look like an ass. He embarrassed him team and his city. I don't know any respectful hockey fan (in Dallas) who should be commending that action by Ribiero. If he felt that he was hit on purpose by Osgood, then he should have manned up and got face to face with him. Come out in game 3 and score a couple of goals on him, that would have made Osgood look like the fool, but NOOOOO!! Dallas wants to goon it up, be physical with the Wings, guess what, they ain't having it Dallas! The Wings have a goal, and it's not to get revenge on you physically. As another member here said, that'll be next season. They'll extract revenge on Dallas by eliminating them in the same fashion they did Colorado when they tried to goon it up. Better hope the refs do you a favor again and NOT call any penalties on you, keeping Detroit off the power play, so you can MAYBE squeak out of Dallas with one win, but I am not too sure Turco wants to come back to Detroit...

...on a side not, can you believe Turco called Osgood gutless with all the crap he did in game 2? Is he calling Ribiero gutless as well for what he did? Doubt it!

What bothers me most about this is the fact that had Ribeiro not retaliated with a 2-handed tomahawk slash, Ozzie wouldn't have been fined and in all honesty what sense does that make? Had Flip or Homer tomahawked Turco and been fined it'd have retroactively made what he did worse and that is just pure retardation.

Oh well, with the way Ribeiro's been playing the worst punishment he could face is to continue playing. Hopefully this fires up our team some and gives us further motivation to send these bastards golfing.