• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
40#1Fan

Stars' Monday Morning Skate Update (5/12)

Rate this topic

Yeah....Im just some redneck dumbass who doesn't know anything about hockey. I should just stick to my cowboy hat and horses, right?

Give me a break. You, good sir, have a Red Wing stuck up your ass more so than anyone else I've read here. Alot of folks here will tell it like it is, but you refuse and then bring up that I, crazily, in some werid world root for the team that I've watched all my life as a negative thing. Darn.

So that means you are 15 years old right? Or did you watch them when they were the pride and joy of Minnesota?

So that means you are 15 years old right? Or did you watch them when they were the pride and joy of Minnesota?

Im 20. My first game ever was in 1997 against Hartford. I guess I should have most my life.

Well, I was 6 when they got there. I dont know about you, but when I was 6 I was more interested in Power Rangers than hockey. Although, I did attend some Fort Worth Fire games before the Stars showed.

It was pretty much a 60 minute fight haha. I have no idea what league it was, but obviously it was pretty low.

I'm curious how many Dallas fans have ever actually played hockey?

It is a big difference between northern fans and southern fans, as far as I am concerned. While not correct 100% of the time, I do think I am more knowledgeable about hockey than most fans that have never played it.

I'm curious how many Dallas fans have ever actually played hockey?

It is a big difference between northern fans and southern fans, as far as I am concerned. While not correct 100% of the time, I do think I am more knowledgeable about hockey than most fans that have never played it.

Yeah, being from LA, a lot of the kings fans and ducks fans are like that. Never played the game themselves, for all I know they have never even owned a hockey stick in their lives, yet the ducks are the best team in the nhl! blah blah blah stfu you are bad, and from the OC.

Edited by ashenhigh

Yeah....Im just some redneck dumbass who doesn't know anything about hockey. I should just stick to my cowboy hat and horses, right?

Give me a break. You, good sir, have a Red Wing stuck up your ass more so than anyone else I've read here. Alot of folks here will tell it like it is, but you refuse and then bring up that I, crazily, in some werid world root for the team that I've watched all my life as a negative thing. Darn.

I for one, do NOT want to know what that feels like

Go dig up the threads for when we lost the two games to Nashville. There may be a hand full of people, or less, that blamed the loss on a poor excuse. The majority of this board blamed the loss on our boys not playing a whole 60 minute game, for both games.

Are you serious dude, you should go dig up those threads, when this team lost 2 games to Nashville the residents of this board were tweaking out.

Posters were calling for heads to roll from Holland, the Players, etc. etc.

I love how some of the posters here welcome some one that is a fan of another team, then some rip him because he is a fan of another team.

You may be able to find a handful of posters who were level headed about losing to Nas, but there were some threads about how the wings were going to lose 4 in a row to Nashville, one entitled this is why the Red Wings suck.

I wouldn't be so quick to point a finger (to borrow a phrase from my teaching 5th grade days) because there are 4 pointing back at you (or us as a board in this case)!

Are you serious dude, you should go dig up those threads, when this team lost 2 games to Nashville the residents of this board were tweaking out.

I love how some of the posters here welcome some one that is a fan of another team, then some rip him because he is a fan of another team.

You may be able to find a handful of posters who were level headed about losing to Nas, but there were some threads about how the wings were going to lose 4 in a row to Nashville, one entitled this is why the Red Wings suck.

I wouldn't be so quick to point a finger (to borrow a phrase from my teaching 5th grade days) because there are 4 pointing back at you (or us as a board in this case)!

If I'm not mistaken, I believe 90% of the people that responded to that thread ripped the author apart.

I remember alot of threads bitching about Haseks poor play.

Rightfully so. He was HORRIBLE.

And the lack of production on the power play, again rightfully so.

I will be the first to admit I was bitching like crazy, I thought I was justified.

We have had good goal tending and a good PP, and look we have won 8 in a row.

I for one, do NOT want to know what that feels like

The feathers tickle at first but after a couple of days you barely notice.

Yeah, that was totally me.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe 90% of the people that responded to that thread ripped the author apart.

That is true, but go through the other one's.

When the wings are winning this board becomes very elitist and nothing could go better than it is.

When the wings are losing this board should be put on suicide watch.

I am not arguing you are one of them, just that to make a broad statement like the one I quoted is probably not true. There are many informed posters, however there are way more trolls and flame war starters than the former.

Edited by Opie

That is true, but go through the other one's.

When the wings are winning this board becomes very elitist and nothing could go better than it is.

When the wings are losing this board should be put on suicide watch.

I am not arguing you are one of them, just that to make a broad statement like the one I quoted is probably not true. There are many informed posters, however there are way more trolls and flame war starters than the former.

I'm definitely not a troll......but I do have a habit of calling for Holland's head. Just something I do. Heh

Did you bother reading the posts prior to mine? By poor excuse I was meaning blaming the refs or the NHL for bad calls, or anything of that sort. How many people in those losses did blame the loss on anything outside of the team's performance? I was just simply saying, unlike most other fan bases, I haven't seen many people on these boards blame Detroit losses on anything outside of the team itself (yes, this is including Holland). I've been a member of this board for less then a year, and the only situation I recall that was ever blamed on the refs, was the game we lost again the Sharks, where the puck hit the netting out of play, and they ended up scoring on that.

So, if Riberio tears it up tonight whats your excuse going to be?

He should have been suspended?

The only tear Ribeiro is going to get tonight is the kind you feel when someone's knuckles slap up against your head and split you open. #25 will see his punk ass soon

The only tear Ribeiro is going to get tonight is the kind you feel when someone's knuckles slap up against your head and split you open. #25 will see his punk ass soon

Do you honestly think that'll happen? I dont think there will be any of that, but you know your team more than I.

Do you honestly think that'll happen? I dont think there will be any of that, but you know your team more than I.

No, you're correct. Mac probably won't even be on the ice the same time Ribeiro is given their lines-situation. There will probably be a decent legal hit on him, but no one will get in a fist fight with him.