• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Torless

Turco - no respect

Rate this topic

I was SO hoping for a datsyuk trick this series. I'm so trilled.

I couldn't believe that was Dats' FIRST career Hat Trick... :siren::siren::siren:

How is that possible when that much awesome is in ONE GUY?

Congrats, Pav! It couldn't have come at a better time! :clap:

Turdco... officially owned!

Guest LivingtheDream
Does anyone else remember when Turco clotheslined Datsyuk? I think it was a couple of years ago and Datsyuk was skating by the crease and he stuck his arm out and got dats in the neck. After the play was whistled dead, Dats skated up to Turco, bent down and "talked" to him for about 15 seconds, I always wondered what Dats said to him. It seems like Turco does stuff like that every game, he should be the last one to say anything about Ozzy.

Hopefully he told him he knows Russian mobsters who will spilt him open from his cup to his cage if he pulls that crap again! Ah, but what will hockey history show of Marty Turco? An endless loop of his getting his head deked off by Datsyuk in that classic goal of the year.

Found this short snippet on Mlive.com - apparently Turco spoke to the Dallas News after the Ribeiro/Ozzie incident:

"When the intensity rises, we like our chances in that regard, too," Turco said. "We don't think much of them on a personal, character level. We think that's to our advantage."

I used to respect Turco, but after calling Ozzie "gutless" in spite of all the mean-spirited tripping/slashing he himself did in game 2 and now calling their personal character into question... talk about a ******.

Look - many people will agree that both Osgood and Ribeiro could be blamed for the little infraction. First of all, Osgood didn't do anything that Turco didn't do to Detroit during the game... not to say that he's right in tapping him... but Ribeiro was inarguably wrong in slashing him - pads or not. I think they made the right move in fining them both.

I'm not claiming that Detroit hasn't done their share of tripping/hooking/slashing... but the whole team deals with infractions against them with a lot more integrity.

In fact Red Wings TV has a game-day presser with Draper in which he praises the team and suggests a respect for the Stars.

Turco is losing a lot of respect for being such a sore loser.

Osgood certainly deserves his fine from game 3 at the end there. He can deny it all he wants (and I definitely like Osgood and all that stuff, etc.), but he and Ribeiro knew what they were doing at the end of that game. Neither action was accidental.

That being said, you are right that Turco is being a bit hypocritical calling Osgood gutless in this scenario. While trips and even cross checks/smacks to the head et al aren't out of the ordinary in hockey obviously, you don't or shouldn't expect them from goaltenders that much, especially multiple times in one game.

I certainly don't mind Turco calling Osgood out on his blooper, but recognize your own goof-ups as well, you are doing some of the same things too.

New word in Webster's dictionary:

Turco: v: to pull a Turco: 1. when your poor play in a sport is speaking volumes about you , point the media in the direction of the people schooling you, try to make them look classless so that nobody notices how s***ty you are playing.

Jesus saves... Datsyuk gets the rebound, fires to Zetterberg, Zetterberg takes the slapshot and SCORES. :ph34r:

Ha! That is almost verbatim what popped into my head when I read the post about Jesus in net for Dallas :yowza:

All this tells me is that Turco is a frustrated goaltender. As are the Stars in general.

All the whining about Holmstrom, Osgood, the faceoffs... it's all signs of a frustrated team.

TURRRRRR---COOOOOOOOOOO

Two things (among many) that I loved about last night's game:

1) They bitched and moaned about faceoffs all night and we were still owning them. They showed that one faceoff where Drapes just manhandled a guy, tying him up, and threw back the puck with his glove. Amazing. And it's so crushing to them to make such a fuss and have it still go sour for you.

2) Dallas was flopping around like fish on the boards over and over. They were out of control and couldn't even find our guys to hit. There were some pretty awesome instances of this. Let them tire themselves out. WHOO!

I'm just so pumped, guys.

TURRRRRR---COOOOOOOOOOO

Two things (among many) that I loved about last night's game:

1) They bitched and moaned about faceoffs all night and we were still owning them. They showed that one faceoff where Drapes just manhandled a guy, tying him up, and threw back the puck with his glove. Amazing. And it's so crushing to them to make such a fuss and have it still go sour for you.

2) Dallas was flopping around like fish on the boards over and over. They were out of control and couldn't even find our guys to hit. There were some pretty awesome instances of this. Let them tire themselves out. WHOO!

I'm just so pumped, guys.

Nothing in that game put a bigger smile on my face than Morrow kneeing himself in the face, that was better than Dats hattie, better than the shorty, he was trying to deliver a bone crusher and did!! Unfortunately he did it to himself, I loved the replay over and over again knee meet face, face meet knee.

hehe, I edited the wikipedia page on Marty Turco. I added a few sentences in his "Dallas years" section.

Here's what it looked like before the moderators got there:

http://www2.gvsu.edu/~adkinsbs/Marty_Turco.htm

Nice one!

Oh and

Tuuuuurrrrrr-coooooooo Tuuuuuuurrrrrrr-coooooooooo YOU SUCK!

It's all your fault! It's all your fault! It's all your fault!

SIEVE SIEVE SIEVE

3-3.gif

Edited by OsGOD

I am sure there were a lot of emotions in the locker room after Game 2. I wouldn't make too much of it. Turco is a great guy but the Wings have owned him all his career.

I think if you asked him after Game 3 about the Wing's character he'd retract from that last statement. He'll finish his career in Detroit anyway. :rolleyes:

I think the most satisfying thing so far after Dallas has been acting out on their frustration is the amount of times they've either smacked into each other or the boards on a pathetic hit attempt. :yowza:

It's hilarious how many times the Wings have stepped out of the way on a hit... all that is missing is the wacky cartoon sound effect.

I think the most satisfying thing so far after Dallas has been acting out on their frustration is the amount of times they've either smacked into each other or the boards on a pathetic hit attempt. :yowza:

It's hilarious how many times the Wings have stepped out of the way on a hit... all that is missing is the wacky cartoon sound effect.

So true...even going back to last year, part of the reason that the Flames/Sharks/Ducks weren't able to throw us off our game is because we're brilliant at sensing hits and not taking their full force. And in turn, that becomes almost like a hit for us--boarding yourself is no fun.

See Ott's run on Datsyuk last night after the whistle...Dats probably cost us a PP by sidestepping it. Compare/contrast with Modano (full marks to him for gutting up, BTW).