• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GMRwings1983

Zetterberg's Unique Goal Celebration

Rate this topic

I was just wondering why Zetterberg kisses his glove each time anyone on the team scores a goal when he's on the ice? I think I've seen Franzen do it also. Is it something between the Swedish players on the team, or is it just some superstition that they have?

Anyway, I don't know if this has been talked about here before, but I was just curious. Hopefully someone knows what it means.

I was just wondering why Zetterberg kisses his glove each time anyone on the team scores a goal when he's on the ice? I think I've seen Franzen do it also. Is it something between the Swedish players on the team, or is it just some superstition that they have?

Anyway, I don't know if this has been talked about here before, but I was just curious. Hopefully someone knows what it means.

I don't think he's kissing his glove....I'm pretty sure he's taking his mouth guard out to talk to his teammates. Same with Mule.

haha yea they are pulling out the mouth guard, i would do it too if i was certain i wouldnt drop it. mouth guards are annoying to talk with so if you just scored a goal and want to cheer, it makes perfect sense to take it out.

Mrf arf youv twalkin bout? *slurp*

Mawf gurds arf ezy tuf tulk wif! *slurp*

s***, I kiss his hands if he continues to score like that. Gotta love the shorties.

GO WINGS

That might be it, but it's still not something I usually see other players do, so it must be some ritual, since hockey players are often weird like that.

That's exactly what it is. We bought a pair of his game used gloves and there is a hole that he made in them on the palm. When it looks like he is kissing his gloves, he's putting his mouthguard in the hole he made! I'll try to get a pic up later

Bwahah. I thought you were kidding at first.

The other thing I noticed last game was Zettah's ability to grow teeth. One shot, his tooth is missing, another camera angle shows that it's back. He's like a freakin vampire.

Edited by Offspring2099

That's exactly what it is. We bought a pair of his game used gloves and there is a hole that he made in them on the palm. When it looks like he is kissing his gloves, he's putting his mouthguard in the hole he made! I'll try to get a pic up later

Are you sure that's not just from wear and tear? I have worn out the palms of my gloves and I would imagine an NHL player would wear them out much more frequently. Any case, I'd be interested in seeing the pictures of the gloves.

Are you sure that's not just from wear and tear? I have worn out the palms of my gloves and I would imagine an NHL player would wear them out much more frequently. Any case, I'd be interested in seeing the pictures of the gloves.

Maybe, but when we bought them (from Authentics) we were told that this is something that Zett does. As I would agree with your comment of wearing them out frequently, I'm sure they also have replacements readily available and go through a few pairs/season.

Here are a couple pics as promised. They don't seem to be worn out - except for where that hole is!

IMG_2547.jpg

IMG_2548-1.jpg

IMG_2549.jpg

Maybe, but when we bought them (from Authentics) we were told that this is something that Zett does. As I would agree with your comment of wearing them out frequently, I'm sure they also have replacements readily available and go through a few pairs/season.

Here are a couple pics as promised. They don't seem to be worn out - except for where that hole is!

IMG_2547.jpg

Thats actually from the butt end of the stick... being a left shot the right hand (the only hand with the palm gone) is more likely from rubbing the top of the shaft (yeah get all your minds out of the gutter :lol:)

I am a right shot and my gloves look the exact same just opposite hands. The bottom hand on the stick won't get worn out nearly as fast (if at all) because it is just touching tape/stick down there.

I am not disagreeing that he puts his mouth piece in the hole... in fact that is quite a genius idea!!! Thanks hank!

Edited by OsGOD

for some reason i've always noticed franzen popping his mouthguard out the SECOND he scores. i know a lot of players take out their mouthguards so they can talk about how sweet that goal was, but franzen seems DESPERATE to get that sum'***** out of there as quickly as possible. they probably don't make mouthguards that fit those sweet fangs of his.

still, i like to think of someone like zetterberg seeing their own hands as independent of themselves and kissing them after scoring, as if to say, "i love you baby. don't ever leave me."

god, if i were mule, i'd be making out with my hands these days.

The other thing I noticed last game was Zettah's ability to grow teeth. One shot, his tooth is missing, another camera angle shows that it's back. He's like a freakin vampire.

Hahaha my bro and I noticed that too! Z's just amazing like that i guess. :lol: