• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings1914

What If.....

Rate this topic

I was just sitting here reading an article about Ozzie and thought, what if we never went out and traded for Hasek? Would we still have won the cup in '02 (Assuming we still got Hull, Robitaille, Olausson etc)? Would he already have the all time wins record? Would he be over 400 wins possibly 450? Now I know that this is all "What if's?" but lets have a little fun with this...

Guest Crymson
I was just sitting here reading an article about Ozzie and thought, what if we never went out and traded for Hasek? Would we still have won the cup in '02 (Assuming we still got Hull, Robitaille, Olausson etc)? Would he already have the all time wins record? Would he be over 400 wins possibly 450? Now I know that this is all "What if's?" but lets have a little fun with this...

We've had this discussion more than once already.

No, because Ozzie would have never outplayed Roy the way Hasek did.

Don't be fooled by what happened in the playoffs this year. Hasek back then was still an elite goalie who was hungry for a Stanley Cup and was great in the clutch. Ozzie meanwhile tanked every year in the playoffs for us against Colorado. We needed Hasek that year to win the Cup, and especially that series.

Edited by GMRwings1983

The only reason I am not sure on this is that he used the chance to get back to Det as a way to hone his skill and add the Butterfly style to his repertoire.

But if he had mediocre (for him ) years with Det you have to think that he would have had better stats than if he had mediocre years in NYI or STL. Just based on the fact he would have been playing for a better overall team, he would then have better stats.

Or he could have s*** the bed, who knows!

Don't be fooled by what happened in the playoffs this year. Hasek back then was still an elite goalie who was hungry for a Stanley Cup and was great in the clutch. Ozzie meanwhile tanked every year in the playoffs for us against Colorado. We needed Hasek that year to win the Cup, and especially that series.

As much as I love what Ozzie is doing right now, he wouldn't have shut the Avs out in back to back games like Hasek did.

Here is what he said....

Here is what you said....

As much as I love what Ozzie is doing right now, he wouldn't have shut the Avs out in back to back games like Hasek did.

You pretty much said the same thing.....

Edited by Real1

At that point of their respective careers, I completely agree. Dom stole Game 6 for us and didn't allow a thing in the Game 7 rout.

Right now though, Ozzie looks like he could outplay anyone.

Right now though, Ozzie looks like he could outplay anyone.

Yep. Contrary to what the media wants you to think, Osgood has been the best goaltender in the playoffs since the first game he started.

Guest LivingtheDream

What if.... this thread were never posted?

That was mean.

Hasek won us the Cup in 2002 as much or more than all those big bucks super stars. He had something like 6 or 7 playoff shutouts, kept us in the triple OT game... no way, that was a different time. He was truly the Dominator and Osgodd wasn't ossinating much of anything.