• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WCF Game 4 GDT: Stars 3, Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

I'm trying to save up for a white Datsyuk jersey with the A on it, but I just put myself back by buying SCF tickets.

I won't buy the new RBK jersey. I have a blank jersey, I thought about getting Rafalski on it.

"The Stars shutdown unit has done well tonight thus far". :lol:

How would they know? The Wings have played shorthanded the entire period.

I think the Wings' PP was very good too, I mean, they didn't miss one chance!

I love Ozzie.

Steve Ott...of all the people on that team, why does Steve Ott get the interviews?

There were six Red Wings available and the VS guys were like NO WE NEED SOMEONE FROM DALLAS, GET SOMEONE FROM DALLAS and they grabbed Ott's arm.

This is several straight games now with a slow start.

When we play Pittsburgh we need faster starts, and can't take these stupid penalties, because their PP will kill us.

I don't think any powerplay will "kill us" as long as we have Nick out there.

I can't believe no one is complaining about the officiating! :huh:

What's there to complain about? All three calls were what they were called to be. Dallas pins us in and sooner or later someone will make a mistake. McCarthy's penalty was uncessary but that's not the refs fault. No reason for McCarthy to hold the damn stick in that situation. We are lucky he didn't get called for playing the puck with a broken stick, though he got the benefit of the doubt there (and correctly so, I think).

Wings need to step up.

How do you guys think the Stars will be next year? Just a curious Stars fan here.

I was impressed with the Stars this season. Missing Stu Barnes out there, for sure, and Zubov is about half-speed, with all the late season injuries. I expect Dallas to be right back in the hunt next season. Too bad Smith is gone, though. I liked him a lot.

This is several straight games now with a slow start.

When we play Pittsburgh we need faster starts, and can't take these stupid penalties, because their PP will kill us.

The same thing was said before this series and the "vaunted" Stars 25% powerplay in the first two rounds.

edit: I R TYPO GUD.

Edited by Xitium

at which point, though, do you start to wonder if turco is the man who is going to win you a stanley cup?

Well, as long as he doesn't run into Detroit, he has a shot, lol. He's a great goaltender and he has a good, young defense in front of him that SHOULD get stronger every year. But how long will Zubov be around?

Stars have a bright future. If the young defensemen continue to progress, and if Brunnstrom can contribute as projected, there's no reason why they shouldn't be in the hunt for the next several years.

Grossman is going to be a special player for many years, IMO. I really like their young defenders.

Plus, we all know what happened when the Stars lost in the WCF to the Wings hahaha.

BTW, I can't stop watching that goal Datsyuk had on Turco on a breakaway a couple years ago. It's mesmerizing.

The same thing was said before this series and the "vanted" Stars 25% powerplay in the first two rounds.

The Stars aren't in Pittbsurgh's league. And I'm not just saying that based on what's happening in this series. Their PP is playing better than I've seen any team do since Pittsburgh in the early 90's.

Well, as long as he doesn't run into Detroit, he has a shot, lol. He's a great goaltender and he has a good, young defense in front of him that SHOULD get stronger every year. But how long will Zubov be around?

he's had some pretty impressive statistics in his career, no doubt, but his playoff record has some severe blemishes.

My dad works with Mike Modano's bond account sometimes, and told him an interesting story about Zubie. He says that he is a freak. He apparently doesn't do any offseason work whatsoever but stays in great shape when he comes back from the Summer break. And he smokes cigarettes in intermission, and he can smoke an entire cigarette in one drag.

Grossman is going to be a special player for many years, IMO. I really like their young defenders.

Plus, we all know what happened when the Stars lost in the WCF to the Wings hahaha.

BTW, I can't stop watching that goal Datsyuk had on Turco on a breakaway a couple years ago. It's mesmerizing.

and Hateful! There was my-mom-never-told-me-she-loved-me-and-my-dad-hit-me hatred in that shot.

oh good, more pittsburgh coverage.

I love how they give it to Crosby "leading the points in these playoffs".. yeah, by one, over Franzen. I didn't see any of this ass-kissery when Franzen was leading.. maybe I was blind to it then though.