• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spyder

The Official O'Halloran Resignation Petition

Rate this topic

Should O'Halloran Be Fired?  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looks like Holmstrom got caught for not doing what he does all the time.

I find it ironic.

Wings didn't play to close this out.

Period.

Gordie, I totally agree with you, we were running around waaaaaaay to much the 1st, and I thought that with the penalties we simply could not get our game going. We all know that you must get to Turco early or he get better as the game goes on (kinda like Patty Roy), we put 5 shot on him in the first, not good enough when you have a chance to eliminate someone!! Like I said earlier, we MUST win game 5 or were in DEEP TROUBLE!!

This is my biggest problem with the call.

From the NHL rulebook, rule 69.1

"In all cases in which an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, whether or not the goalkeeper is inside or outside the goal crease, and whether or not a goal is scored, the attacking player will receive a penalty (minor or major, as the Referee deems appropriate). In all cases where the infraction being imposed is to the attacking player for hindering the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely in his goal crease, the penalty to be assessed is for goalkeeper interference."

So if it was goaltender interference, by rule Homer should have gotten a minor penalty. It's pretty black and white here.

No. It's pretty common knowledge that goalie interference can be called without a minor being given. I'm not looking it up but it is the case.

Who was the ref who called off lidstroms goal in the same situation with homer in front of the net clearly out of the crease back against anahiem in the regular season?

This is the guy.

Hey...I'm as mad as anyone but let's stop whining about the refs. We got on all the Stars fans' asses for whining about the officiating and now we're doing the same. The stat that matters says we're up 3-1 in the series with two home games to their one. I still like our chances better then theirs.

Hey...I'm as mad as anyone but let's stop whining about the refs. We got on all the Stars fans' asses for whining about the officiating and now we're doing the same. The stat that matters says we're up 3-1 in the series with two home games to their one. I still like our chances better then theirs.

Actualley i never said anything to the stars fans, just saying the refs are blowing calls, obviousley its on both sides. Maybe in the reg season its ok, but in the conference finals these guys should be at home watching the game and studying for the day they get the honor to officiate a playoff game.

For those of you whining about the referees and saying they lost the game for us, take a look in the mirror. All I've been hearing with the Stars losing the first three games is seeing Wings fans talk about "excuses" of the Stars being too tired, annoucers saying the same thing, etc. etc.

You know what you all are using right now with the referees? An excuse! You all are a bunch of hypocrites.

While the "interference" call itself was bogus, yes, I'm not so much annoyed that the referee got it wrong trying to make the right call in the heat of the moment, I'm more annoyed that something like that isn't reviewable to make the call right.

But you know what? These referees also gave the Wings plenty of other chances to get back in the game. A few other PPs in the 2nd, and a 6-ON-3, I'll repeat..........a 6-ON-3 power play in which the Wings failed to score on.

Blaming the referees is an absolute cop-out and lame excuse.

What about Rafalski's bad penalty leading to the Stars PP goal?

What about Cleary and Holmstrom hitting posts?

What about Sameulsson and others not hustling and scrambling around leading to the Stars 3rd goal?

Those aren't mistakes that should be attributed to the Wings losing?

It's just the referees fault?

Again, you all are displaying hypocrisy at a very high level.

For those of you whining about the referees and saying they lost the game for us, take a look in the mirror. All I've been hearing with the Stars losing the first three games is seeing Wings fans talk about "excuses" of the Stars being too tired, annoucers saying the same thing, etc. etc.

You know what you all are using right now with the referees? An excuse! You all are a bunch of hypocrites.

While the "interference" call itself was bogus, yes, I'm not so much annoyed that the referee got it wrong trying to make the right call in the heat of the moment, I'm more annoyed that something like that isn't reviewable to make the call right.

But you know what? These referees also gave the Wings plenty of other chances to get back in the game. A few other PPs in the 2nd, and a 6-ON-3, I'll repeat..........a 6-ON-3 power play in which the Wings failed to score on.

What about Sameulsson and others not hustling and scrambling around leading to the Stars 3rd goal?

That's it brother, let loose. Totally fair.

Alright I have had a few hours to cool down and I can now reflect calmy back to the game.

Overall the Stars outplayed us, they wanted it more. The Wings came out flat (as I had expected). Sure Datsyuk would of had another two goals added to the stat sheet but O'Halloran is only human and for some strange reason he feels the need to pick on the Wings :thumbdown:.

Congratz to the Stars for forcing a game 5 and keeping us Wings fans on our heels. :thumbup:

Bad calls happen. Sure everyone including me was looking for him to get fired but it ussualy all evens up in the series as bad calls go I am sure that the stars have gotten phantom calls called against them this series.

Edited by Duck Guy

I'm in both boats. Wings looked flat for more than half the game, they were outworked, etc. However, if not for the s***ty officiating, they'd have still had a chance. First goal makes a lot of difference.

The fact that they were outplayed most of the game, and the fact that the game was STILL closer than the scoreboard lets on due to terrible officiating, gives me the belief that it's Wings in 5. They'll be pissed when they get home, pissed enough to make sure they don't go back to Dallas, that's for sure. Provided that ****** O'Halloran is nowhere near the Joe.

He lives next door to my cousin. I'll flip him the bird next time I see him. :D

I may not be one of them, but I get the feeling there are people who would pay top dollar for an address at this point in time.

No. It's pretty common knowledge that goalie interference can be called without a minor being given. I'm not looking it up but it is the case.

Luckily you don't have to look it up, it's right in my previous post you replied to. If it is goaltender interference, it's a penalty, no questions asked.

Luckily you don't have to look it up, it's right in my previous post you replied to. If it is goaltender interference, it's a penalty, no questions asked.

You're wrong.

Agree. Really just relax, we had plenty of chances to make up that goal and couldn't close the deal.

Try to act like most of you have either watched the post season before or won't die because we lost this game.

Some of the things being said in this thread are just over the top. Run upstairs and tell mom you wand lunch early today, you need to go outside and get some sun.

:blink:

Absolutely unbelievable. The games all about him, O'halloran can't just officiate a game, he always feels the need to make a controversial game changing call. As a minor leauge official, I've scene guys like him before, who crave attention, it's absolutely pathetic.

He has no business reffing in the NHL, let alone the WCF

Edited by PaVel DaTsYuK fan13

We lost the game.

And not because of a bad call from O'Halloran.

Grow up man.

The team put itself in that situation.

Nobody else.

Stop whining about a f-ing bad call.

It happens.

get over it !

We lost the game.

And not because of a bad call from O'Halloran.

Grow up man.

The team put itself in that situation.

Nobody else.

Stop whining about a f-ing bad call.

It happens.

get over it !

I agree. The call definitely hurt and was a horrible call.... But damn, the Wings had plenty of other chances. And the Wings aren't the first victim of a bad call this playoffs... it happens man.