• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pavyaz19

Fine Turco!

Rate this topic

If you all missed it, rewind to the 2nd period with 8:07 left. Samuelsson skates around the crease, Turco puts the BUTT-END of his stick right to the face of Sammy.

In the words of the classiest player in the league, Marty Turco... "It was a very gutless play, it's disgusting."

Where are you Gary and Colin? I supposed since Sammy didn't Baseball swing his stick into Turco's chops, there will be no such fine.

Marty Turco is a B*tch.

believe me i hate the guy just as much as the next time...but i rewound that and it looked like sammy just ran into his stick....

maybe im wrong but thats how i saw it.

Don't watch the butt-end, watch Turco's blocker from 8:10 to 8:07... he knows exactly what he's doing. Him moving his blocker in that fashion was meant to put his butt-end in a certain place. now compare that to what Osgood did... he put his stick in a certain place and the player runs into it.

The only difference between Osgood's butt-end and Turco's is this...

1.) Ribeiro was skating much slower and therefore less of an impact between face and stick.

2.) Sammy didn't try to chop Turco in half in retaliation.

Probably true, it happens all the damn time though in Hockey. Once again I reiterate Osgood's poke was only deemed so bad because Ribeiro PMS-raged on him afterwards. Had the whole ordeal not been magnified and blown out of proportion few would have cared.

If you all missed it, rewind to the 2nd period with 8:07 left. Samuelsson skates around the crease, Turco puts the BUTT-END of his stick right to the face of Sammy.

In the words of the classiest player in the league, Marty Turco... "It was a very gutless play, it's disgusting."

Where are you Gary and Colin? I supposed since Sammy didn't Baseball swing his stick into Turco's chops, there will be no such fine.

Marty Turco is a B*tch.

For the love of god.

The Wings lost a game. Dallas outplayed them. Don't be a sore loser.

Let's move on to game 5.

For the love of god.

The Wings lost a game. Dallas outplayed them. Don't be a sore loser.

Let's move on to game 5.

For the love of god, look at the time of my post... IT WAS DURINg the FIRST PERIOD, the game wasn't over. For the love of God!

Edit: I'm dumb for letting other jokers get to me. No reason to insult.

Edited by pavyaz19

He ran into the stick.

Direct your hostility more effectively please.

If Sammy merely "ran into" Turco's stick... then what did Osgood do to Riberio? Did he pool-cue him in the face? I don't think so, Ribeiro ran into Osgood's stick too.

this topic is to point out how inconsistent the league's discipline system is... but if you want Sammy to get in the face worse than Ribeiro did and you don't want a fine... cool. I suppose the rules can change from game to game if that's what you're a fan of.

For the love of god, look at the time of my post... IT WAS DURINg the FIRST PERIOD, the game wasn't over. For the love of God!

note to self: SouthernWingsFan's posts have no weight and she's mearly a cheerleader.

:nopity:

If the annoucers, referees, and players of the Red Wings saw or reacted to the play to where it would have warranted a scrum or bringing the instance to the attention of the officials, we would've heard about it by now.

I didn't see anything significant to even make this an issue, and by the look of things the Red Wings players/coaches/refs probably didn't either.

If that's the case, this shouldn't be something to get a hissy fit over.

Get over the loss and let's move on to game 5.

:nopity:

If the annoucers, referees, and players of the Red Wings saw or reacted to the play to where it would have warranted a scrum or bringing the instance to the attention of the officials, we would've heard about it by now.

I didn't see anything significant to even make this an issue, and by the look of things the Red Wings players/coaches/refs probably didn't either.

If that's the case, this shouldn't be something to get a hissy fit over.

Get over the loss and let's move on to game 5.

AGREED!!!! now watch what happened at the end of game 3... same exact thing. nothing would have come of it if it weren't for that retard Ribeiro chopping Osgood. Since Sammy didn't lose his cool, now the league will overlook the infraction. My point is inconsistency and it ticks me off. You're not going to change my mind, so quit with the insults.