• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedStormRising

No More Respect for Turco

Rate this topic

This series alone has caused me to lose all respect for Marty Turco. Not only is he a hypocrite by calling Ozzie gutless, but he is also ignorant. His comments tonight after the game put me over the top.

On the Holmstrom interference call:

"I deserve every chance to make a save on the shot and I couldn't move freely to make that save on the shot so I really don't think it was a bad call. I don't think its black and white."

Well you know what Turco? It was F*%(ING black and white. No one in their right mind can justify that call. Seriously. Even Dallas fans should acknowledge that the call was a terrible one.

Before this series I actually liked Turco and thought he was a good goalie. Now I just think he is an idiot and can't wait for him to be eliminated. I literally hate Turco now. I hope the Wings light him up at the Joe on Saturday. He deserves no respect.

GO WINGS!

(That's my rant for the night...)

Edited by RedStormRising

I saw it too. What else is he gonna say?

I like Turco - I have a tonne of respect for him. Great goalie, great athlete, great competitor. I'm glad he can't deal with Detroit.

This series alone has caused me to lose all respect for Marty Turco. Not only is he a hypocrite by calling Ozzie gutless, but he is also ignorant. His comments tonight after the game put me over the top.

"I deserve every chance to make a save on the shot and I couldn't move freely to make that save on the shot so I really don't think it was a bad call. I don't think its black and white."

Well you know what Turco? It was F*%(ING black and white. No one in their right mind can justify that call. Seriously. Even Dallas fans should acknowledge that the call was a terrible one.

Before this series I actually liked Turco and thought he was a good goalie. Now I just think he is an idiot and can't wait for him to be eliminated. I literally hate Turco now. I hope the Wings light him up at the Joe on Saturday. He deserves no respect.

GO WINGS!

Even Barry freaking melrose said that was a bad call :ranting:

I saw it too. What else is he gonna say?

Um maybe something to the effect of "We got a break on that one..." or other humble comment.

Honestly he is an idiot. He knows he was not interfered with on that play, yet he sits there and says he was.

Doesn't matter what Turco says - fact of the matter is that that was no interference call. Any ref you play the replay to will say there is no way in bloddy hell that that is interference. He didn't as much as skate through the crease, he was not standing in it, and he did not touch the goalie. He stood in front of Turco but then since when is screening illegal!

That call was absolutely unacceptable. :ranting:

Eh, we will get it back easy. Turco is something like 0-8-4 at "The Joe" in the playoffs all time.

How'd he end up with 4 ties in the playoffs??? <_<

What do you expect him to say? That he or his team got "lucky" by the bad call? Of course he's going to try to put as much of a spin on it as possible to justify that the call was correct.

That being said, it was definitely a bad call to me like most others. And I'm not so much annoyed that the referee called it like that b/c it is a judgement call where things happen so fast, what irks me more is stuff like that is not reviewable to reverse the call or make it right.

And while the referees certainly played some part in the Wings loss, they certainly gave the Wings chances to get back in the game or win as well, with extra PPs in the 2nd and a 6-on-3 chance at the end. Wings hit some posts too (Cleary, Holmstrom). So it isn't fair to blame the referees for the loss, especially when we have been all over Stars fans and media for giving the Stars "excuses" to lose these first three games, whether they were tired or didn't have all of their guys or whatever else. We're just doing the same thing here in the Wings loss and that doesn't make it justifiable all of a sudden.

Bottom line is even with the flooped up call Dallas still capitalized on fewer chances given them, and they outplayed the Wings that game in the grand scheme of things, blown call or no.

Move on to game 5 and look for Holmstrom and Cleary (and Franzen if available) to still be pains in the asses for Turco and limit his vision. This shouldn't change how the Wings play.

GO WINGS!

Don't hide your feelings chief tell us how you really feel.

What do you expect him to say? That he or his team got "lucky" by the bad call? Of course he's going to try to put as much of a spin on it as possible to justify that the call was correct.

That being said, it was definitely a bad call to me like most others. And I'm not so much annoyed that the referee called it like that b/c it is a judgement call where things happen so fast, what irks me more is stuff like that is not reviewable to reverse the call or make it right.

And while the referees certainly played some part in the Wings loss, they certainly gave the Wings chances to get back in the game or win as well, with extra PPs in the 2nd and a 6-on-3 chance at the end. Wings hit some posts too (Cleary, Holmstrom). So it isn't fair to blame the referees for the loss, especially when we have been all over Stars fans and media for giving the Stars "excuses" to lose these first three games, whether they were tired or didn't have all of their guys or whatever else. We're just doing the same thing here in the Wings loss and that doesn't make it justifiable all of a sudden.

Bottom line is even with the flooped up call Dallas still capitalized on fewer chances given them, and they outplayed the Wings that game in the grand scheme of things, blown call or no.

Move on to game 5 and look for Holmstrom and Cleary (and Franzen if available) to still be pains in the asses for Turco and limit his vision. This shouldn't change how the Wings play.

I agree with everything you just said. Yes, it was a bad call. That was definitely a goal, we all know it. But the refs tried to give the Wings several opportunities to win it back and it just didn't happen. Dallas played good hockey yesterday and this should serve as a lesson. The Wings are a great team, but they are not invincible. They'll just need to play like they did in games 1-3 (Of course, as a Dallas fan I do want my team to win again!).

Turco's just mad because he'll never be a playoff-caliber goalie capable of winning the Cup. Ozzie, on the other hand, has already proven himself. Hopefully after Saturday Turco will be doing his whining and s***-talking from the golf course.

Damn, and people thought Crosby is a whiner. (to go with the cheese ;D)

I understand that he can just go out there and say, 'yeah, it was a goal.'

But comon, you don't need to come up with reasons why it wasn't. Just say it wasnt a goal.

Correct me if im wrong, but once a goalie comes out of the crease, all bets are (basically) off in front of the net. Are they not? Being a defenseman, I never really thought much of it. ;D

Edit--

By that I mean, well. I know you cant turn around and lumberjack his head off, but when homer is in front, if you come out to hit him, thats your own damn fault. He could have moved freely within his crease. He chose to come out.

Edited by Blaayze

Turco's just mad because he'll never be a playoff-caliber goalie capable of winning the Cup. Ozzie, on the other hand, has already proven himself. Hopefully after Saturday Turco will be doing his whining and s***-talking from the golf course.

Osgood isn't bad, but I think the Wing's success is mainly due to Franzen, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Lidstrom. Sure, he's proven himself, but mainly because of the awesome defense and the many goals Franzen, Zett, and Dats have had.

Turco's had his ups and his downs. So has Osgood. On Wednesday's game Turco let in 1 of 34 shots, whereas Osgood let in 3 of 22 shots. Games 1 and 3 where a different story, though - Turco's save percentage was terrible.

EDIT: I think Turco IS an awesome goalie. He has skills. But it's not just a goalie that makes a team, everybody is involved. No matter how great your goalie is if your team isn't playing like it should, then you have no chance of winning the cup.

Edited by ToxicGhoul

Turco will never win the cup so long as his journey routes him through hockeytown.... Sorry just isn't going to happen

Meanwhile next series will pit the two best goalies of the 2008 Stanley Cup playoffs against each other....

#1 and #2 Osgood and Fleury