• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Real1

GDT-Pens@Flyers

Rate this topic

Quite the piece of s*** Upshall is, that was a dirty, dirty hit if you ask me.

2 questions at the end, what the hell was Crosby and Hossa doing out there with 22 seconds to go in a game that's all but over and why was Richards slashing Crosby over and over again after the faceoff?

Gotta be honest though, in watching this series (I didn't really watch much of Philly's other series), Richards is turning into a pretty damn good hockey player.

The rough stuff favors the Flyers, but that's the first game where I've seen it really get chippy like that. Hopefully, this helps wear down the Pens at least a little bit. Would love to see the Flyers win another, but I really doubt it.

Did anyone else see Upshall there? He absolutely crunched Staal, then while Malone and Hatcher were fighting Upshall checked to make sure Staal was ok. He even helped him up. Any hockey coach/parent should show their kids that. Great sportsmanship there.

Great sportsmanship?? Maybe after that fact, or he also could have been talking trash to him. Have a look at the play again, he flew at him like a missile, his feet were about 18-20 inches off the ice.

Edited by toby91_ca

2 questions at the end, what the hell was Crosby and Hossa doing out there with 22 seconds to go in a game that's all but over and why was Richards slashing Crosby over and over again after the faceoff?

That was hard to believe. Therrien is not the brightest bulb. Richards was obviously trying to get under Crosby's skin.

Great sportsmanship?? Maybe after that fact, or he also could have been talking trash to him. Have a look at the play again, he flew at him like a missle, his feet were about 18-20 inches off the ice.

Yeah, the hit was borderline, I'll give you that. But Upshall knew it and helped Staal up. If it were Ott or Tootoo who made that hit they would have crouched over top of Staal and started swinging, especially with fisticuffs breaking out around them. Upshall could have just skated away, but he leaned over and helped Staal up. Give him some props....jeez.

That was hard to believe. Therrien is not the brightest bulb. Richards was obviously trying to get under Crosby's skin.

He definately did get under his skin, they almost dropped em. Richards and Crosby are actually friends off the ice, but not sure how long it will last with both of them locked up long term with their respective clubs.

The Flyers have been taking a lot of liberties with Crosby in the series, but especially this game and especially by Smith.

Yeah, the hit was borderline, I'll give you that. But Upshall knew it and helped Staal up. If it were Ott or Tootoo who made that hit they would have crouched over top of Staal and started swinging, especially with fisticuffs breaking out around them. Upshall could have just skated away, but he leaned over and helped Staal up. Give him some props....jeez.

It wasn't borderline at all. Also, Upshall isn't exactly an angel, maybe not in the league of a Tootoo, but not that far behind.

Pittsburgh kills themselves with giveaways in the neutral zone. I know it was an empty net and all, but tonight is not the only game they've done it in. The Wings will pick them apart in that aspect, not that they need any help or anything. Malkin seems culprit on alot of those, so that's probably something the Wings pay attention to.

Pittsburgh kills themselves with giveaways in the neutral zone. I know it was an empty net and all, but tonight is not the only game they've done it in. The Wings will pick them apart in that aspect, not that they need any help or anything. Malkin seems culprit on alot of those, so that's probably something the Wings pay attention to.

Malkin has actually been pretty non-existent the last 3 games, other than the occasional giveaway he pulls off.

good game tonite, it was fun watching the rivalry heat up. I'm surprised it took this long.

I'd like to see it go to seven games, but I doubt it will.

Yeah, it'd be nice, but let's not kid ourselves, Philly never stood a chance to win this series. It's over next game.

Anyone else here feel better that Pitt didnt sweep?

I savour every Pitts loss, especially now since we didn't seal the deal in Dallas. The first period highlighted the inconsistency of Pittsburgh's blue line and goalie. If Philly can get moments like this (hell, even the Senators had these at times) where Fleury lets in strings of goals, Detroit is going to eat the Penguins' defense for breakfast.