• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Franzen out for game 5

Rate this topic

crap. i'd still rather win in five, but it'd be nice if the east series goes to six or seven games. assuming we get to the finals (which isn't a HUGE assumption, but obviously still not to be taken for granted) it'd be great to have fanzen back.

maybe not bad for this team to deal with a little adversity. so far it's been ZDH, franzen, and our d-men carrying our offense. a few guys (cleary, flipper) really need to step up in franzen's absence. if those guys get rolling, then we get franzen back and advance to the finals, we'll be real hard team to beat. pick up the slack, fellas!

He's resuming light workouts, which makes it sound like he'd be ready for the finals when they start. This will be alright. Glad they're making sure he's 100% healthy before bringing him back. They'll be able to close out Dallas without him.

Thats okay... OsGOD and Turco will be in da house...

OsGOD doesn't lose in the post season (looking to go 5-0)

and

Turco doesn't Win EVER there 3-3.gif

otay.gif

Edited by OsGOD

a few guys (cleary, flipper) really need to step up in franzen's absence.

Cleary I can continue to cut some slack after his injury, but does it seem to anyone else that poor Flip is on the receiving end of lady luck's badness stick lately? He's out there working every shift, getting into position for some great chances and just able able to seal the deal, it seems. I can't fault the guy's effort.

Not that I expect he'll ever be another Dats, but I think in a year or two, we'll see him blossom some in the clutch. He should benefit greatly from some extra muscle, as he seems to get pushed off the puck fairly often, just like Pavel did some years back.

Here's to hoping he hits the weight room like Pavel did ;)

Edited by Uncle Danny

I just don't understand why we have yet to hear anything about his situation. Didn't they do the tests on Monday? Is this hush-hush because its the playoffs, or because they still don't know what the heck is wrong?

Cleary I can continue to cut some slack after his injury, but does it seem to anyone else that poor Flip is on the receiving end of lady luck's badness stick lately? He's out there working every shift, getting into position for some great chances and just able able to seal the deal, it seems. I can't fault the guy's effort.

Not that I expect he'll ever be another Dats, but I think in a year or two, we'll see him blossom some in the clutch. He should benefit greatly from some extra muscle, as he seems to get pushed off the puck fairly often, just like Pavel did some years back.

I don't think Cleary should get any more slack. He's had enough time to get into the thick of things. He has only 1 goal in the playoffs so far, and that was a fluke goal no less.

Yeah, he's playing hard, but with this injury to Franzen we need someone else to step up, and so far in this series, we've been a one line team.

who would have thought back in sept. that we would be crossing our fingers and hoping that FRANZEN would be back in the lineup for a playoff game....I'm not saying that were doomed without him or anything like that,but just making a point about how much more valuble he has become to the team and fans in just a few months....I hope he stays on fire like this for next season

I don't think Cleary should get any more slack. He's had enough time to get into the thick of things. He has only 1 goal in the playoffs so far, and that was a fluke goal no less.

Yeah, he's playing hard, but with this injury to Franzen we need someone else to step up, and so far in this series, we've been a one line team.

Yeah, he's not getting any luck though, last game he hit the post with tons of room. At the very least he's contributing well on the PK, and is creating some chances. I have a feeling he's gonna start to get some points starting in Game 5, and continuing on into the finals.

Guest Crymson

It is said that he may be able to begin practicing with the team on Friday. If so, he'll be ready for the finals easily

Guest LivingtheDream

I thought Flip was one of the few non-first line guys who played with real energy in game 4. Cleary, while I have given him a pass for some time, really does need to step up. Meanwhile Sammy was horrendously stupid out there. As a whole that line needs some talking to.

Let's remember that Filpulla and Clearly are both playing with their bodies not at 100%. Filpulla keeps not practicing due to lingering leg injuries that he is playing through. Clearly lost a ton of weight, stamina, etc with the whole jaws wired shut liquid diet thing and I don't think it's reasonable to expect him to be his normal self for the duration of the playoffs. Frankly, I'm pleased at how well both of them are playing once you take this into consideration.

Ok...I really need to stop visiting this (hockeybuzz) website. The last time he posted something along this line was that Lids would be out for the season when he got hurt, so there you have it. Just another in a long string of missed calls by everyones favorite speculator.

Anyway...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=15335

Tomorrow's WCF at the Joe will not have Detroit's Johan Franzen in the lineup and he may be shelved for the Playoffs.

:tomato:

I'm not convinced that the mule will return at all if the headaches need to disappear completely. It has been 2 weeks now with headaches. He has only been cleared for light workouts at this time, and one of the stories I read indicated that the headaches have not entirely disappeared. If the Wings are waiting for the headaches to disappear then at this point in time I would say the playoffs will be over first, conference finals or Stanley Cup finals.

However, if they make the determination that he can play without the distraction of the headaches then we would probably see him no earlier than a conference final game 7 or game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals. He needs a little time to get back into game shape, both mentally and physically.

I remember in this team telling us all kinds of fairy tales when Yzerman was hurt numerous times in the playoffs in the past.

At this point, I'm ready to accept the fact that he won't be back the rest of the playoffs. They're just better off keeping it secret.

At this point, I'm ready to accept the fact that he won't be back the rest of the playoffs.

If that's the case, our chances of winning the Cup just went from favorable to abysmal. I really think he was the "secret weapon" that was making the Wings so invincible. Not that we don't have a shot w/o him, we just become a one-line team that's easier to defend. This sucks, I really thought this was our year to get lucky and avoid any of this kind of bad karma sh*&t. :(