• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

All Is Not Well In Hockeytown

Rate this topic

Let's see some goal have been on the PP so yea they are going to score. Our forth line is to give the others breathing, and have scored some of the goals. Our checking line kept Colorado in check. So our second line isn't scoring. Is it a problem? Well we're still playing.

Right on target. Others need to step up. If Dallas scores first again it changes the dynamics of the game, and the wings will not win when they have Zets attempting to rush into the offensive zone by himself with 3-4 Stars in front of him. This happened too many times in games 3 and 4.

Dallas is playing better the last 2 games, no question. However, this series is still the Wings to lose. Others need to step up.

He's pretty much dead-on. The Wings do need to get some secondary which they became accustomed to this entire playoff run. The Cleary-Filppula-Sammy line absolutely needs to step up and start netting some goals, or atleast create some havoc in the zone while dropping back pucks for point blasts. IMO, Cleary is going to the net but he's not cleaning up the garbage. Franzen has become a master of that as well as redirecting shots. If Cleary can be more physcial down low, I think it solves a lot of the Wings secondary scoring problems.

All that being said, the fact that the Wings are at home tomorrow is huge given that they have the last line change. This should give the second line an opportunity to get out there when its advantageous and start potting some pucks.

If Cleary gets physical down-low and fights for chances like he did two nights ago on the near-miss, he'll bury one eventually.

Also, Filppula needs to continue to use his speed in the neutral zone, and Sammy needs to create turnovers right before the Stars have a chance to enter the Wings' zone.

He's pretty much dead-on. The Wings do need to get some secondary which they became accustomed to this entire playoff run. The Cleary-Filppula-Sammy line absolutely needs to step up and start netting some goals, or atleast create some havoc in the zone while dropping back pucks for point blasts. IMO, Cleary is going to the net but he's not cleaning up the garbage. Franzen has become a master of that as well as redirecting shots. If Cleary can be more physcial down low, I think it solves a lot of the Wings secondary scoring problems.

All that being said, the fact that the Wings are at home tomorrow is huge given that they have the last line change. This should give the second line an opportunity to get out there when its advantageous and start potting some pucks.

If Cleary gets physical down-low and fights for chances like he did two nights ago on the near-miss, he'll bury one eventually.

Also, Filppula needs to continue to use his speed in the neutral zone, and Sammy needs to create turnovers stop turning it over right before givingthe Stars have a chance to enter the Wings' zone.

Other then that, yes dead on.

I think that overall Sammy has looked good, but he turns the puck over way too much.

Also Cleary looks afraid to get in front of the net like he did before the injury. Before he got hurt he planted himself netside and fought in there on the shots, lately he isn't going in until after the shot, and I wonder if it is how he is being told to play it, or if he is just hesitant due to the injury.

Edited by russianswede919293

^ Filppula is also playing on a banged up leg.

Not equating talent, but so did Yzerman.

I understand he is on a banged up leg, but its playoff time and you have to make the chances happen, and he hasn't been lately.

Especially since his leg is bummed out, he needs to take the shot once he gains the zone and hope for something, and not try to make that extra move which he has been lately. That extra move is when he is losing chances. With a guy like cleary tell him to charge the net once you gain the zone, shoot it and hope Turds gives up a rebound for Danny to eat up.

One off night and all is not well in Hockeytown???? Give me a break. Though he makes some valid points, we did play the first 3 games of the series without Franzen and it worked out. The Wings had an off night and that's that. If they play like they did in game 4 again we'll be watching a game 6 in Dallas come Monday night. It was case of nerves and maybe a little complacency toward an overmatched Dallas team. They found the right line matchup to battle the ZDH line. So be it. I think Babcock may split them up in game 5 if necessary. All-in-all it comes down to hard work and dedication to playing a 60 minute game. If all falls into place we should be watching the Wings in the Stanley Cup final by next Thursday night.

on a 9-1 streak... ummmm yeah we suck!

Yea I hear ya. We've got 3 chances to win one game, with two games at home, against a goalie who has never won in our building. I like those odds.

I understand the concern and up and down emotions during the playoffs, but imagine the mood around here if we lost Game 3 and won Game 4, instead of the other way around. Everything would be upbeat and everyone would be pumped about a 3-1 lead.

In the 1995 Playoffs, in two rounds we went up 3-0 three times, twice we lost Game 4 on the road, only to win both Game 5's at home.

We're fine. We're back home, the crowd will be pumped, our boys will be focused, we're 7-0 at home this playoffs, Turco has never won here, we have the last line change, our faceoff guys put their stick in last, etc.. We got this!

One off night and all is not well in Hockeytown???? Give me a break. Though he makes some valid points, we did play the first 3 games of the series without Franzen and it worked out. The Wings had an off night and that's that. If they play like they did in game 4 again we'll be watching a game 6 in Dallas come Monday night. It was case of nerves and maybe a little complacency toward an overmatched Dallas team. They found the right line matchup to battle the ZDH line. So be it. I think Babcock may split them up in game 5 if necessary. All-in-all it comes down to hard work and dedication to playing a 60 minute game. If all falls into place we should be watching the Wings in the Stanley Cup final by next Thursday night.

We actually only played games 2 and 3 without Franzen. Game 2 we won 2-1 with a great goal by Helm and one by Zetterberg, game 3 the team didn't play all that well but still outplayed dallas and won 5-2 but 4 of the 5 goals were from datsyuk and zetterberg.

Its valid that its a problem that if this line were to get shut down, as it mostly did in game 4. The rest of the team is struggling to generate offense.

Yea I hear ya. We've got 3 chances to win one game, with two games at home, against a goalie who has never won in our building. I like those odds.

I understand the concern and up and down emotions during the playoffs, but imagine the mood around here if we lost Game 3 and won Game 4, instead of the other way around. Everything would be upbeat and everyone would be pumped about a 3-1 lead.

In the 1995 Playoffs, in two rounds we went up 3-0 three times, twice we lost Game 4 on the road, only to win both Game 5's at home.

We're fine. We're back home, the crowd will be pumped, our boys will be focused, we're 7-0 at home this playoffs, Turco has never won here, we have the last line change, our faceoff guys put their stick in last, etc.. We got this!

I don't think its a question that we're fine for this series, but Pittsburgh is an offensive power house with Malkin, Crosby, Hossa, and those guys are split up...Our big guys aren't. Unless we get some other lines to produce, (lets face it there is a POSSIBILITY Franzen could miss the rest of the playoffs, no matter how slim it is), the whole series will be on 2 lines (ZDH and the Drapes checking line) the defense and Ozzie...

Although he makes some valid points, the same could be said for the Penguins. If every player was top-line material we couldn't afford them. Obviously we're getting secondary scoring when we need it (ala the Helm goal), but we could always use more.

He mentions a Crosby line and a Malkin line for Pittsburgh. I remember reading somewhere that Malkin's stick had gone rather cold this round, turning Pittsburgh into, essentially, a one-line team. Am I correct on that or mis-remembering what I read?

We actually only played games 2 and 3 without Franzen. Game 2 we won 2-1 with a great goal by Helm and one by Zetterberg, game 3 the team didn't play all that well but still outplayed dallas and won 5-2 but 4 of the 5 goals were from datsyuk and zetterberg.

Its valid that its a problem that if this line were to get shut down, as it mostly did in game 4. The rest of the team is struggling to generate offense.

Despite losing, we outshot Dallas in Game 4, and there was that goal that was called back.

It's good to be concerned, but people are looking to much into things here. We have three shots at winning one game, we're in control.

^ Filppula is also playing on a banged up leg.

I understand that, but if its bad enough to the point where its making him ineffective than Babs would've switched up the lines to help him out. If he hasn't done that, I would think its not *too* bad. He's not 100%, but most players aren't at this time of the year. He's gotta suck it up and show us the speed he did in Game 1 of this series (which he was banged up for as well).

As RS said, I agree that something seems off with Cleary. Maybe its that he scared to be back on a line with Sammy due to what happened before. :P In all seriousness though, if he's that concerned about getting hit again, then he should wear a full cage. That way he can park in front of Turco with zero fear, which is what we need out of him tomorrow in Franzen's absence.

Luckily we have three pretty much solid lines of defense that f*** sid the whiner, malkin the wuss and hossa the (insert clever name here)... up!