• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NHLrules?

Cheli, it may be time my friend

Rate this topic

He has had some horrible mistakes this year in the playoffs.

His age is showing, he is very slow.

I am happy he was here to show Kronner and the young guys some things but I think its time.

That is all.

He has had some horrible mistakes this year in the playoffs.

His age is showing, he is very slow.

I am happy he was here to show Kronner and the young guys some things but I think its time.

That is all.

:thumbup: I agree. The game has pasted him by.

He wasn't impressive today, but I wouldn't say he has played too terrible. I for one am glad we still have him back there, and think he is a better option then others we could have back there. Would you rather see Lilja playing? I think for the most part he is calm and collected and makes the right decisions, which is what we need.

Cheli has been off his game but lets not forget hes one of the greatest Dmen in the history of sports even the greats have been known to make mistakes, i know its playoffs but cut him some slack.

Yeah but this is 2008. He brings absolutely nothing to the game that Ericsson/Meech cannot.

Cheli has been off his game but lets not forget hes one of the greatest Dmen in the history of sports even the greats have been known to make mistakes, i know its playoffs but cut him some slack.

Let's not forget Hasek might be the best goalie ever and he's riding pine. Chelly is just too slow. Meech would fit better then him.

Been thinking this for a while, gald to see some agree. As stressed before, maybe one of the greatest DMen ever, but he doesn't have that reputation because of the way he is playing now, it is because of what he has done in the past that he no longer has. He is no longer an NHL quality player. If they want to let him finish the playoffs, i am ok with that, he might have somethin left in the tank, but its running on E.

As much as I hate to say it I think he needs to go after this year, and maybe should watch from the press box for a few games (don't think the PB part will happen though)

I've been a Cheli fan since he came to town I like his style of play, we're both Greek, and I like his food but it's just time.

Bring in the young guys and see what they can do it worked for Helm and Meech was in playoff hockey last year. The only other positive is I can (maybe) get a discount on his jersey. I say maybe b/c Danny Markov's jersey was still $130 this year while Burts and Lang were like $70

Edited by wingsrock34

A year ago at this time everyone was saying that he could play till he's 50, when he was having a great playoff run.

Since then his age is finally showing and he doesn't seem to have the same passion out there anymore. Once he stops being good in his own zone, everything is finished, because he doesn't bring anything else out there to the team.

His problems are relegated mostly to his play in the defensive zone. Specifically, he tends to get caught holding onto the puck for too long or coughing it up to forecheckers when, in reality, all he needs to do is rifle the damn thing up the boards or feed it to a breakout man up high. It's been an issue with him for several seasons now. However, I think it has more to do with his mental game than his physical one. Someone just needs to sit him down, look him in the eyes and say,

"Hot potato."