• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DallasStars

Game 5 notes...

Rate this topic

Well, we are starting to play Dallas Stars hockey.

We played the defensive style hockey i've becomed accustomed to seeing. Filling lanes, forcing to the outside, blocking shots and on top of it all great goaltending.

We look hungry and ready for more. Im not being a homer or anything else when I say this, but Detroit might wanna look out. I've seen this look and style of play from our guys a few times this season and we are a very streaky team to begin with.

We're still down, but this series sort of turned a new page today.

Marty, Marty, Marty. What skill with the puck. Yes, overall today's netminders have more skill with the pill, but wow Marty. His ability to move it where he wants it and make the downtown passes like a skilled forward is amazing. He played very well today.

Peterson and crew continue to play well against Detroit's "oh god" line. Staying defensively sound while moving the puck forward. And doin it well.

I dont know wether Detroit casted us aside, or just came out flat-footed, but I gotta like that we took advantage when we could. Even flat-footed Detroit is a great team. We had our chances and put it in. They seem to be losing their composure a bit as well...ie Holmstrom towards our bench.

Morrow: How I love thee. Heart and soul. Moving the puck, keeping it in the zone, putting pressure, hitting/taking hits. All of it with(speculation on my part) a shoulder injury. Even takes that cross-check to the mug and keeps moving.

That was a very entertaining 60 from my stand point. Lots of action and chances for both teams. Game 6 is back here at home and will give us a chance to get even closer to our goal.

GO Stars.

Team speed is winning it for Dallas. They get to every 50/50 puck and lundqvist is just sick fast. The Wings can match the speed, but Babs prolly needs to think about inserting some youth into the lineup. Our lack of speed is elmiinating any pp chances right now.

Also, the Wings are a puck control team but the Stars are selling out and rushing the puck carrier and our guy is not moving it in time. The Stars have upped the pace a notch and the Wings are not responding.

Edited by KocursRightHand

Turco was able to save all 39 shots cause he could see them pain as day... not a single Wing was found in his face the entire game...

Dallas took advantage and played a tight defensive game making the wings look like silly school boys out there playing kickball at recess

I don't mind losing, it's just disgusting how the officials are making it bluntly obvious that they are going to favor the Stars. I've never been one to think 'conspiracy' but certainly the NHL is tilting the ice for Dallas.

Detroit didn't bring their 'A' game today, they seem to have lost confidence in the NHL in that non-call against Holmstrom and they're letting it affect their game. This is Babcocks job to fix, and perhaps Babcock should start crying bloody murder to the league about these non-calls like Dallas coach does.

Zetterberg is tripped up 3 times in the first 15 minutes, none were called. While 2 refs were standing there watching this.

Detroit starts to get going and Turco kicks his goalie off the pegs TWICE. None were called. Yet refs were right there.

I understand missing some calls, but COME ON!!! They don't need to make it bluntly obvious!

I imagine the Wings feel disgrace towards the NHL like the fans are feeling.

With that said, Detroit will battle through the refs and the Stars and take this series. I have a really good feeling Detroit will end the series with a complete blow-out despite the disgraceful officiating!

Dallas isn't beating us, Detroit just isn't playing to 25% of their potential.

So, when the Wings win and the other teams fans whine about the officiating...

I'm just sayin.

The officiating does not cause teams to lose.

Refs ref, players play.

I'm just sayin.

Refs ref, players play.

But when the ref's reffing interferes with the players playing...

I'm just sayin.

Refs ref, players play.

I would have to disagree! If any sport is poorly officiated the team that benefits will win most of the time. Dats and Zett can't do anything if the rules aren't followed. It turns into smear the ***** type of hockey. I like to watch the skilled players. Ott has not been called for his handy work.

We played the defensive style hockey i've becomed accustomed to seeing. Filling lanes, forcing to the outside, blocking shots and on top of it all great goaltending.

We look hungry and ready for more. Im not being a homer or anything else when I say this, but Detroit might wanna look out. I've seen this look and style of play from our guys a few times this season and we are a very streaky team to begin with.

Marty, Marty, Marty. What skill with the puck. Yes, overall today's netminders have more skill with the pill, but wow Marty. His ability to move it where he wants it and make the downtown passes like a skilled forward is amazing. He played very well today.

Peterson and crew continue to play well against Detroit's "oh god" line. Staying defensively sound while moving the puck forward. And doin it well.

I dont know wether Detroit casted us aside, or just came out flat-footed, but I gotta like that we took advantage when we could. Even flat-footed Detroit is a great team. We had our chances and put it in. They seem to be losing their composure a bit as well...ie Holmstrom towards our bench.

Morrow: How I love thee. Heart and soul. Moving the puck, keeping it in the zone, putting pressure, hitting/taking hits. All of it with(speculation on my part) a shoulder injury. Even takes that cross-check to the mug and keeps moving.

That was a very entertaining 60 from my stand point. Lots of action and chances for both teams. Game 6 is back here at home and will give us a chance to get even closer to our goal.

GO Stars.

well its funny how the dallas fans start posting more now that you won 2 games. where were you the first 3?..anyways

im not worried. its just going to be a heart breaker in dallas...sorry.

go wings

Team speed is winning it for Dallas. They get to every 50/50 puck and lundqvist is just sick fast. The Wings can match the speed, but Babs prolly needs to think about inserting some youth into the lineup. Our lack of speed is elmiinating any pp chances right now.

Also, the Wings are a puck control team but the Stars are selling out and rushing the puck carrier and our guy is not moving it in time. The Stars have upped the pace a notch and the Wings are not responding.

This is the same team that didn't even look fast enough to compete with the Red Wings through three games. They want it more right now, and the Wings' precision passing is nowhere to be found when Dallas pressures the puck.

As far as the refereeing goes, I believe in games 3 and 4 it was heavily bias toward Dallas. Today's game, I didn't think so. I thought it was called pretty even, if not even, we got the benefit of the calls. There were a few that the refs didn't call, like that crosscheck on Morrow by Draper that was missed.

I can't blame this one on the Refs. You have to give Dallas props for not folding and stealing one from the Joe. Do I think they can do that again in a game 7? I don't know. If this goes to game 7, the wings would likely be even more nervous than they were today, so yes it could happen again.

I honestly think the Wings will be calmer without the pressure of the home crowd to win in game 6.

This is the same team that didn't even look fast enough to compete with the Red Wings through three games. They want it more right now, and the Wings' precision passing is nowhere to be found when Dallas pressures the puck.

Did you hear the commentators talking about how Dallas is just now getting over the 4OT game? LOL that game was 2 weeks ago and they had 4 days off between that game and the start of this series. Give me a break.

The simple fact of the matter is Dallas won a game and then they got some confidence, and today the Wings did not match the intensity, and we all know the wings can play better than they did today.

It's the playoffs.

You'll see arguments and whining about the officiating

I disagree, why is the NHL the only league where the rules change depending on the time of year and the time of the game?

Do they stop calling holding in the NFL in the 4th quarter b/c they don't want to effect the outcome of the game?

The thing I really don't understand is why are red wing fans so accepting of clutch and grab hockey in the PO's when a properly called game benefits the Wings? The league has said the games during the PO's should be called the same as the regular season so why is it so accepted when they become lax with the rules?

This did happen last year, in fact the Red Wings organization privately told the Ottawa Sens brass that the league was letting alot of stuff go and that they should be prepared for it in the Finals against the Ducks.

I disagree, why is the NHL the only league where the rules change depending on the time of year and the time of the game?

Do they stop calling holding in the NFL in the 4th quarter b/c they don't want to effect the outcome of the game?

The thing I really don't understand is why are red wing fans so accepting of clutch and grab hockey in the PO's when a properly called game benefits the Wings? The league has said the games during the PO's should be called the same as the regular season so why is it so accepted when they become lax with the rules?

This did happen last year, in fact the Red Wings organization privately told the Ottawa Sens brass that the league was letting alot of stuff go and that they should be prepared for it in the Finals against the Ducks.

In Basketball in the last plays of the game, the refs often put the whistles away which can highly impact a close game. But again, throughout a game, the refs in BB don't affect the game as much as hockey refs do, and I agree with you 100%.

GO Stars.

You've already achieved your goal, which is getting past the first round of the playoffs. Now you'll no longer be labeled as playoff chokers.