• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Why I'm not scared at all

Rate this topic

I'm scared. Because a loss on Monday means that Game 7 is in Detroit where the Wings have lost their advantage. The Stars have figured out that getting a lead and sitting back and playing D can beat even the Red Wings.

The Wings cam pull off a win in Dallas, if they play like they can. This half-assed, clear the puck to the blueline, use the boards for everything, pass the puck to Sammy style that they have played the last 2 games aren't gonna hack it.

Right now, Game 6 is Game 7 for the Wings and the Stars.

well what i noticed at the game was how much man handling they did of datsyuk and z...they could have called about 15 holds/hooks/slashes on dallas today but they didnt which i am fine with

but like mickey says:

EITHER CALL EM ALL OR DONT CALL ANY!!!!

Dallas outplayed us today, period. Generating chances and missing the net doesnt count for anything. We could have had 60 shots and would have only scored once because they kept us to the outside and our shots were very weak.

Agreed.

We went to a cookout that led right into the Wings game and my 3 year old daughter played harder outside on the swing set than the Wings at The Joe.

Did Pav and Z look 'different' to anyone else? Pav is in slow motion and Z wasn't skating as well as normal. Like they were running in quicksand (a la Megadeth's "Insomnia").

I'll be surprised if the Wings take game 6. What about you guys?

I didn't have a chance to watch this one cause of my brothers graduation but I would by lying if I say I'm not concerned...

I would have told you that the wings team I saw in these playoffs would have come out flying and played all out today to close out the series. I guess that didn't happen.

I still think we will win in game 6....

First off... Turco was not unbelievable today by any stretch of the imagination.... Big deal he faced 39 shots and turned away 38 of them.... What was unbelievable was the lies that Holland said about us attacking the net THE SAME IF NOT MORE this game after last games "issue" with being in the crease.... There wasn't a time today that we had a single guy planted in front of Turco... all shots were unscreened. He gave up a ton of rebounds when we actually hit the net and that is evidenced by Huddles first period goal.

Second off.... Yeah see first. GET PEOPLE IN FRONT OF THE EFFING NET!!!!

First off... Turco was not unbelievable today by any stretch of the imagination.... Big deal he faced 39 shots and turned away 38 of them.... What was unbelievable was the lies that Holland said about us attacking the net THE SAME IF NOT MORE this game after last games "issue" with being in the crease.... There wasn't a time today that we had a single guy planted in front of Turco... all shots were unscreened. He gave up a ton of rebounds when we actually hit the net and that is evidenced by Huddles first period goal.

Second off.... Yeah see first. GET PEOPLE IN FRONT OF THE EFFING NET!!!!

Other than Homer and Franzen we don't have anyone who gets to the front of the net, and Franzen is currently hurt.

At first that injury didn't seem like it would affect this series, but now it certainly has. The other guys are playing like they did in the Edmonton series in 06, when we were afraid to crash the crease.

Other than Homer and Franzen we don't have anyone who gets to the front of the net, and Franzen is currently hurt.

At first that injury didn't seem like it would affect this series, but now it certainly has. The other guys are playing like they did in the Edmonton series in 06, when we were afraid to crash the crease.

But still... Franzen has been out for a few games now... this problem just started today. Him being out is no excuse, the team is just afraid of the refs.

Like I said in the other thread... I would rather have 50 goals called back because of an ass in the crease than have zero goals go in because no body is man enough to stand in the way...

Oh....

And the fact that all of the photos in the Free Press of the Wings practicing on Friday were captioned "Wings prepare for Game six" probably threw a monkey wrench into the Karma machine, too.

Hopefully the Freep will get that hammered out and stop jinxing the boys....

Oh....

And the fact that all of the photos in the Free Press of the Wings practicing on Friday were captioned "Wings prepare for Game six" probably threw a monkey wrench into the Karma machine, too.

Hopefully the Freep will get that hammered out and stop jinxing the boys....

Oh geez. At least it didn't say prepare for game 7. :(

As I mentioned in another thread, my hand is hovering over the panic button but I'm not about to press it until after game 6 has come and gone. I think a bit of a lineup change is called for, get Zetter and Dats on different lines maybe.

Yeah, because that's the important statistic.

Well Turco has had to make some really big saves in their two wins. All we can really do is just keep shooting and they're going to go in again, just like against Ellis.

We will be fine Imagine if we hadn't taken a 3-0 series lead and the series was 3-2 I think everybody would have liked that nobody would be freaking out but we still have the upper hand, they are chasing us it's a good position to be in realistically

I have been mulling over this game since its end. I have planned out imaginary lines, scratched players, then put them back in...all in all, I have decided that I am not a coach in the NHL. I think we must stay with our proven leaders. No need to jack things up, in a knee jerk reaction, to a game where we just didn't come out to win.

I'm not sure if we were overconfident and simply sitting back on a 3-1 series lead or ill-prepared. We all knew that Dallas was going to come out full speed. It doesn't much matter at this point. The Wings know what they have to do. They just need to do it!

I was stunned at the unorganized team that showed up on the ice today. We must get our heads and our hearts into this series. We know how to win hockey games...we just didn't get it done against the Stars in game 5. It will be a challenge to roll into Dallas on Monday and take care of business. All I know, is that I believe in this team!

I want to see our Wings play like they want it. Maybe we just needed a "gut check" to let us know that you can never give up. Saturday's game was my "gut check". I hope the team felt as bad as I did when that game was over.

Now, on to Monday!

Let's GO Wings!!!

We will be fine Imagine if we hadn't taken a 3-0 series lead and the series was 3-2 I think everybody would have liked that nobody would be freaking out but we still have the upper hand, they are chasing us it's a good position to be in realistically

Yea, if the wins didn't come in the first 3 games, the mood around here would be different. I'm not making any excuses, but we're still up 3-2. Last round SJ fought back against Dallas after being down 0-3 to force a Game 6. And the last few years, teams forcing a Game 5 and 6 after being down 0-3, has happened often, only to still lose the series. All we need to do is win one game before they win two.

Each Game Dallas wins increases their chance of coming back, so whatever happens happens, nothing I can do about it. I'm just glad I'm not the kind of fan who shoots his mouth off, just in case the unthinkable happens.

Agreed.

No panic in me whatsoever.

The desperation/elimination/adrenalin factor wears on you. And eventually wears off.

Also - bottom line it: Dallas has to beat this Red Wings Squad 4 games straight? Well? That would make them the best team, but I just don't see that happening.

NO PRESSURE ON THE ROAD FOR GAME 6! Wings 4-1. Pavel has scheduled another clinic for Monday.

Hey, I'm new here and there's something I have to say about the whole 33 years thing, which is inevitably going to be brought up during the broadcast of game six. Here's the deal; it happened in 1942 and 1975. 33 years, 33 seasons of hockey. Between 1975 and 2008 is 33 years but, 32 seasons of hockey. We lost the 04-05 season. I have to assume that if there is some divine force that controls the outcome of NHL games (Bettman and Sutherland are not divine), it does so while following the year of hockey, not of Earth. It sounds ridiculous trying to disprove this inane prognostication, but no more ridiculous than thinking because two similar events happened, the duration of time between the two can be looked as an itinerary for the future. I hate to sound like I'm ranting, but I know the 33 years bulls*** is already being pumped in the VS. network's tele-prompters as we speak. Or post I should say.

And in mathematics it takes more than two points to establish a correlation.

I had to get all that off my chest.

But here's to a 0-3 comeback next year.