• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Why I'm not scared at all

Rate this topic

We had a better team than just about every team we've lost to in the playoffs in the last 6 or 7 years.

The more talented team doesn't always win. It's the hungriest team that wins. As far as hunger goes, the Wings look anorexic right now.

I agree. It's not always the most talented that wins it. It's the team that wants it more! Look at how we couldn't beat Chicago during the regular season. We have SOOO much talent that sometimes I think that the Wings feel like they don't have to try as hard because we have so much depth.

I'm thinkin' we also need Franzen back. :(

GO WINGS!

Did he basically just imply that the Stars let the Wings get a 3-0 lead just so they'd get overconfident? I'm sure that's what it is. That's about as likely as Milbury's suggestion that they just now got over the 4 OT game....

Off topic a bit, but I was wondering if anyone else caught that. That may have been the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard Milbury say or anyone say for that matter. Just plain stupid...

ANNND I am not worried/scared. The important stat is 3-2 wings. All we need is one more and this team is to good to not get one more.

I hate to sound like a b roken record for what I'm about to say, because I said it in another thread but I really like the analogy.

We're probably all fairly familiar with the WW2 Japanese warning about "waking the sleeping giant" that was the US.

Now, let's use this phrase to see which fits:

"Team X has just woken a sleeping giant."

This can either refer to the Wings waking up the giant that is the Dallas Stars, or the Stars waking up the sleeping giant that is the Wings.

Now, to me, the "sleeping giant" most definitely refers to the Wings, it just fits. The Stars are a great club, but I think their sharp play may have sparked something in the Wings who probably now see this as do-or-die.

Games 4 and 5 were Pearl Harbor.

We're about to witness Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Ok ok i know we just lost and i know the whole every 33 year curse thing comes into mind but I will seriously be shocked if it even goes to 7 games simply based on one observation...

We are the better team.

lets just remember that folks.

Both losses could have easily been wins, if not for a bonehead call that lost us all our momentum, and Turco having the game of his life. Realistically i belive we've won 4 and lost only one, and that one was todays game which can be attributed to a hot goalie. Idk, i just thought we needed some postive energy.

Just remember,

WE ARE THE BETTER TEAM AND AHVE DOMINATED THEM EVERY GAME EXCEPT ON THE SCOREBOARD

I'm worried.

Sometimes the better team doesn't always win. And sometimes the better team can blow a 3-0 lead, just ask the 2004 Yankees.....

The desperation/elimination/adrenalin factor wears on you. And eventually wears off.

Also - bottom line it: Dallas has to beat this Red Wings Squad 4 games straight? Well? That would make them the best team, but I just don't see that happening.

NO PRESSURE ON THE ROAD FOR GAME 6! Wings 4-1. Pavel has scheduled another clinic for Monday.

Had to.