• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cern

Who's gonna press it?

Rate this topic

I am thinking about it but will hold off until the first 10 minutes of game 6 on Monday. We seriously gotta come out, take a lead, and make a statement on both ends of the ice.

Btw, Homer running by the Dallas bench and punching a few people is NOT a statement. <_<

Btw, Homer running by the Dallas bench and punching a few people is NOT a statement. <_<
Guh, a video clip of that is going to be in next year's dictionary entry for 'stupid penalty'

Why press it when we're up 3-2? Lets just see what our boys are made of. Despite what happens this year, we'll still be one of the best teams in the League for the next few years atleast.

Why press it when we're up 3-2? Lets just see what our boys are made of. Despite what happens this year, we'll still be one of the best teams in the League for the next few years atleast.

Arrggghh...don't starting thinking about NEXT year.... :angry:

How bout we just win this damn series?

To answer the OP's question, i'm sure everybody on LGW will have there finger planted firmly on it if game 6 doesnt produce a win.

I for one have been ashamed of all the negativity on the boards after this loss. It's kinda pathetic. We're fine people!

Me, too. This place tends to panic. I'm concerned and definitely frustrated, but I won't be panicking unless we have to play a Game 7. And even then the panic won't be because I think we'll lose, just that the uncertainty will be nearly unbearable, heh.

So, no, no panic. Just concern and hope.

I for one have been ashamed of all the negativity on the boards after this loss. It's kinda pathetic. We're fine people!

I have to wonder if the Wings are, though. They don't sound angry about their losses, just... complacent. God forbid, I think Cherry might have been on to something when he talked about the Wings needing more soul in their game. My finger's hovered over the button but I'm not about to press it until game 6's aftermath.

I tried pressing it but all I touched was my computer screen! :P

No need to be content/overconfident, and no need to feel like this series is done for the Red Wings now or when the series was 3-0. It takes 4 games to win a series no matter what part of the series you are in. That being said the Stars still have the uphill climb.

I'm not so sure about the Wings being complacent. At the end of the game as they were walking down the hall, Datsyuk hacks his stick against the wall or the floor I'm pretty sure. It was kind of hard to see but I noticed it.

I'm not so sure about the Wings being complacent. At the end of the game as they were walking down the hall, Datsyuk hacks his stick against the wall or the floor I'm pretty sure. It was kind of hard to see but I noticed it.

I saw that as well and was surprised they commentators didn't catch it. The Wings looked pretty pissed but hopefully more pissed at themselves than anything. Dallas will beat us everytime if we play like that.

I did NOT just read this.

How bout we just win this damn series?

QFT

Last time I checked we also lost two against Nashville. Then we closed out the series AWAY. (big word) So, while I think the Wings definitly should have won in 4-5, I do believe that game 5 waked the Wings up. They will come out as hungry as hell.

[Edit] Damn, how many times do we hit a 9 game winning streak only to lose the tenth?

Edited by RedWingedKitten

As captain and leader of the team imagine how fired up the team would be if Lidstrom caught a forward with his head down receiving a pass and knocking him on his ass Kronwall style. We need a little more grit from everybody.

As if that isn't the understatement of the century.

I thought the Wings were turning it around this year with their physical play. They showed no fear against Nashville and Colorado, whom at least one has a tougher lineup than Dallas (Nashville). Against Dallas, though, they aren't showing that same level of grit, especially when Steve Ott is involved, which I honestly cannot comprehend at all. I mean, Cory Cross beat the crap out of Ott when he played here, so that should say it all. He's not as tough as everyone thinks he is.

Game 6 will be tough. I'm still on the bubble as to whether the Wings can handle it.

Edited by Kp-Wings