• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DYags

Helm, 43

Rate this topic

I got a black practice jersey that I've been lookin to get numbered for a while now. I love supporting the up and comers over the established superstars and for the past year or so I have been dead-set on getting Filppula put on the back of my jersey. But, hell! Helm has been truly amazing and my buddies are sick of me ranting about how he should be getting some 3rd (possibly 2nd) line time.

Basically, all I'm asking is do you think its a smart move? I don't see Helm being moved any time soon, but do you guys thinks its a bit premature?

Yeh or Neh?

I think it's safe to assume that Helm earned himself a spot on the roster next season.

Because he has been on the roster for a few games and has not looked as bad as McCarty, who everyone has written in ink for next year?

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom, Hudler, Filppula, Cleary, Samuelsson, Draper, Maltby, Franzen, Kopecky are all going to be top-12 for next season. That leaves one open spot.

Helm won't be kept on the roster as a 13th forward.

If possible, the Wings will look at picking up another top-nine type forward.

I don't think it's as set that Helm will be around as a regular next season as you think. He's only in the game right now because of injury.

I'm waiting to spend my money until next season starts, on any player's jersey. You never know what'll happen in the offseason. But if Helm's on the roster next year, I'm definitely getting his jersey.

I think it's safe to assume that Helm earned himself a spot on the roster next season.

He's certainly making a strong push for it. And he has proven that if the Wings need to bring up another forward, he is up to the task.

With increased playing time he may have a good chance to make that jump but I would be careful with assuming that the games he's played so far make him a given on the roster starting next year.

Time will tell...

I got a black practice jersey that I've been lookin to get numbered for a while now. I love supporting the up and comers over the established superstars and for the past year or so I have been dead-set on getting Filppula put on the back of my jersey. But, hell! Helm has been truly amazing and my buddies are sick of me ranting about how he should be getting some 3rd (possibly 2nd) line time.

Basically, all I'm asking is do you think its a smart move? I don't see Helm being moved any time soon, but do you guys thinks its a bit premature?

Yeh or Neh?

neh

I don't know what Samuelsson's contract looks like, but I really do not expect Holland and Co. to resign it.

I'm not 100% sure babcock is sold on D-Mac either. I think most of us agree that we should wiggle a spot in for this kid for next year.

Nobody can really say tho-

Sammy's already signed for next year. He's a UFA in 2009. Unless he gets cut - unlikely - he'll be around.

Because he has been on the roster for a few games and has not looked as bad as McCarty, who everyone has written in ink for next year?

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom, Hudler, Filppula, Cleary, Samuelsson, Draper, Maltby, Franzen, Kopecky are all going to be top-12 for next season. That leaves one open spot.

Helm won't be kept on the roster as a 13th forward.

If possible, the Wings will look at picking up another top-nine type forward.

I don't think it's as set that Helm will be around as a regular next season as you think. He's only in the game right now because of injury.

i dont think kopecky is a lock for top 12 next year....i dont think he has ever looked any better than helm has since his call up.

i dont think kopecky is a lock for top 12 next year....i dont think he has ever looked any better than helm has since his call up.

Kopecky was playing very well towards the end of his season. Helm has looked good because he has decent chemistry with Hudler, who has been on fire. I would say Kopecky was better this season than Helm has been, the major difference is that some of Kopecky's best games came when the Wings had their losing streak because half the team was injured and others were playing poorly, while Helm has not looked out of place on the fourth line during a run to the conference finals.

Does anyone here think Kopecky would have actually done something meaningful in the playoffs, instead of skate in circles aimlessly like he always does?

I don't. Helm has already outplayed Kopecky and deserves a stop on the roster for next year without a doubt. The kid is skilled and slippery. He doesn't shy away from the physical side of the game (Kopecy got the size and does) and knows when to shoot the puck. He and Hudler have been clicking and should be moved up in the peeking order. Cleary and Sammy have been none existent and don't have the skills to match Huddles and Helm offensively.. their Defensive play is the only think keeping them on the second line I feel.

I'd say let Helm and Abdelkader fight for the 12th spot. Hell, maybe eventually they can both oust Sammy. Nothing wrong with having a younger, hungrier team. We can always trade for a couple depth guys at the trade deadline, perhaps another Drake-type.

I'd go for it, but I would worry about him keeping the number 43, when a guy starts the season on the team they usually are given the opportunity to pick thier jersey number, and when you come up from the minors you are handed a jersey. So he might not be 43 forever.

I'd go for it, but I would worry about him keeping the number 43, when a guy starts the season on the team they usually are given the opportunity to pick thier jersey number, and when you come up from the minors you are handed a jersey. So he might not be 43 forever.

If Helm changes numbers, DYag will look like a superfan.

Does anyone here think Kopecky would have actually done something meaningful in the playoffs, instead of skate in circles aimlessly like he always does?

do you have anything postive to say about the wings at all?