• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwinger4747

GDT: Penguins v. Flyers Gm 5

Rate this topic

Watching Pittsburgh win made me even more frustrated towards the Wings. Seeing their team winning the conference in front of their home crowd was great. -_-

Yeah they should have won it in front of OsGOD... since i went specifically for that reason alone

and now they have tarnished my perfect record at the joe this playoff season... boo on them!

You have an unhealthy obsession of Ozzie. :unsure: See a doctor.

Nah i think its pretty healthy... shows through more though when i stand by him after the all the bandwagon people jump ship (which is sure to happen in this city)

Very suspect goals though. A borderline kick in, and the goalie getting checked behind the net, enough so he loses his stick, and no call.

Maybe whoever plays the Pens in the SCF is just doomed.

A borderline kick-in? Are you serious? I'm not even sure Malone knew the puck was there. It was not even close to being a kick-in, which is why it only took 3 seconds to review. You are actually able to move your skate to re-direct the puck in the net and I don't even know if he did that.

Wings have to win the next game or if we win game 7. We will be done with the well rested Pens.

Congrats Swimming birds.

I think the Pens might struggle a bit in game 1, I think they will be rusty and they will also be starting on the road for the first time in the playoffs.

Should we win this in 6, The young Penguins would be walking into the HALLOWED HALLS OF CONCRETE, STEEL, AND UNION MASONRY THAT HOUSE ONE OF THE MOST STORIED FRANCHISES IN THE NHL.

BTW, it's not just the team that scares opposing players, it's the fact that they have to play in front of 20,057 pairs of eyes that have seen the greats come and go, and have retired very few #s, and yet keep so many banners above the ice in the rafters, knowing that they have to rise to and SURPASS that standard...Yes, an Extremely Tall Order for Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury, even more experienced guys like Hossa, Laraque, Roberts, and Gill.

Sorry about the late post, but did anyone else here catch the chant the fans were doing at the end?

Right after they were presented with the Prince of Wales trophy, the fans started shouting "DE-TROIT SUCKS! DE-TROIT SUCKS!"

Glad to see their fans wanna face a real team for the cup ;)

Sorry about the late post, but did anyone else here catch the chant the fans were doing at the end?

Right after they were presented with the Prince of Wales trophy, the fans started shouting "DE-TROIT SUCKS! DE-TROIT SUCKS!"

Glad to see their fans wanna face a real team for the cup ;)

Hey Swayze,

Pens fan here. I just wanted to let 'yinz guys' know that they weren't chanting "Detroit Sucks". They were chanting, "We want the cup". I can see how you would think that it could be "Detroit sucks" though.

Not trolling, just figured I'd let you know. Pens fans are generally pretty cordial, except for when Jagr touches the puck or they play the Flyers - then we'll boo.

Hey Swayze,

Pens fan here. I just wanted to let 'yinz guys' know that they weren't chanting "Detroit Sucks". They were chanting, "We want the cup". I can see how you would think that it could be "Detroit sucks" though.

Not trolling, just figured I'd let you know. Pens fans are generally pretty cordial, except for when Jagr touches the puck or they play the Flyers - then we'll boo.

Lies!!!! its always about us!!!!! hahaha

Congrats on the move into the finals... hopefully we can meet you there and you won't have to worry about a ticketbastard refund if games don't actually exsist at the Joe next round!

Lies!!!! its always about us!!!!! hahaha

Congrats on the move into the finals... hopefully we can meet you there and you won't have to worry about a ticketbastard refund if games don't actually exsist at the Joe next round!

You Pens fans need to send some positive energy to the Wings. :P

Penguins looked great, but I think part of that is the fact that the Flyers, especially their defense, looked simply awful.

Biron got hung out to dry, pure and simple. Penguins are very good, but IMO a bit overrated.

Penguins looked great, but I think part of that is the fact that the Flyers, especially their defense, looked simply awful.

Biron got hung out to dry, pure and simple. Penguins are very good, but IMO a bit overrated.

I wouldn't call them overrated. They've had the talent to put together this kind of stretch. They just showed up to the party a year or two sooner than anyone expected.

I'm really excited for what seems to be a Pens/Wings final. These teams should match up really well for some exciting hockey.