• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Salviaman

Should we lose game 6....

Rate this topic

Who will get the start in net... Osgood or Hasek?

We all saw how much better the team played when we put Osgood in for Hasek... maybe if we start Hasek in for game 7(if necessary) it would light a fire under the Red Wings to get the job done and end this series.

I'll start with no and go from there.....

The games the Wings have lost weren't Osgood's fault. Hell he's the reason they were even in Game 5 and honestly had he not been sharp in Game 3 it's likely 3-2 Dallas going back to Dallas at this point.

It's Ozzie or no one at this point.

Unless Osgood is a major reason that the Wings lose game 6 (not just one bad goal or a late game winning goal per se, but many goals given up etc.), possibly change. But Osgood has given the Wings absolutely no reason to make a goaltending change right now.

Well, first of all, there is no reason to take Ozzie out since he has not been the reason for either of the two losses and has played very well. Secondly, even if there were a reason to take Ozzie out, I don't think it would make much of a difference putting Hasek in since he hasn't played in a month and we all know it takes him at least 10 games to play well. So, I would say there is no chance Ozzie comes out if we lose Game 6.

I believe you have to stick with Ozzie at this point. Putting Hasek in a game 7 is too risky really (since he hasn't played since game four of the quarterfinals).

Edited by aflac9262

First amoung active goalies in GAA and 2nd among active goalies in SV%... um yeah... He is the reason we have dropped two straight. :rolleyes:

I'll start with no and go from there.....

The games the Wings have lost weren't Osgood's fault. Hell he's the reason they were even in Game 5 and honestly had he not been sharp in Game 3 it's likely 3-2 Dallas going back to Dallas at this point.

It's Ozzie or no one at this point.

I don't like the sound of that, at least put Meech in goal, or something.

It seems too risky to put Hasek in a potential game 7, since he hasn't played in a game in some time. Plus, if Hasek played great, but the Wings still lost, everyone would take it out on him, un-deservingly, which I'd rather not see.

don't fix what's not broken, the wings have other issues. Osgood isn't going to steal a game like Dom once could, but Dom could come in and straight up lose it for us like he has 2 other times this year.

I'd say no also. Ozzie certainly hasn't played bad and in fact has made great saves. I can see where you are coming from as far as how we played in the first game with Ozzie up until the last 2 against Dallas, but changing back to Dom isn't likely to have the same result. Bottom line to me is the team just needs to want it as much or more than Dallas and we win.

The only reason the Wings would go back to Dom is if Ozzie is physically unable to play.

I understand the thought process -- replacing the goalie sometimes wakes the team up, etc. But they're wide awake, as far as I can tell. They just didn't play very well and didn't score. That has nothing to do with the goalie. Ozzie's done nothing to suggest that he's the reason the Wings didn't play well the last two games.

Just leave well enough alone. I am sure Babs will.

Game 7 is not the time to light a fire under them by taking out one of their best players. If the Red Wings really need something like that to get them charged up for the deciding game, they shouldn't even be in the playoffs.

Guest Crymson
Who will get the start in net... Osgood or Hasek?

We all saw how much better the team played when we put Osgood in for Hasek... maybe if we start Hasek in for game 7(if necessary) it would light a fire under the Red Wings to get the job done and end this series.

God damnit. Another panicmongering thread. Aren't you the guy who said we'd be out in the first round?

Sheesh. How soon they forget.