• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WCF Game 6 GDT: Red Wings 4, Stars 1

Rate this topic

What a game by the Wings!!!!!! Drake was awesome, Hank and Dats were Hank and Dats, Cleary had a much much better game. The penalty kill was outstanding. Osgood was great again as well as the defense.

The only negative was the dumb penalties we took (McCarty and Lilja basically) can't afford to do that against Pittsburgh. But they might not be in the lineup if Franzen and Chelios are back.

Oh yeah and Morrow is a douchebag for trying to hurt Lidstrom. He is going golfing while we are going to the Stanley Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was clearly a penalty no puck anywhere to be seen, leads to Dallas scoring and me having to keep my butt cheeks clinched for the rest of the 3rd.

hats off to Drake, just energy out there

Where's that retard Stars fan that posted here Saturday telling us about how great his team is?

I know several Stars fans have posted here already tonight, but I don't think this one in particular has. I hope he's eating his s*** right now.

Where's that retard Stars fan that posted here Saturday telling us about how great his team is?

I know several Stars fans have posted here already tonight, but I don't think this one in particular has. I hope he's eating his s*** right now.

i bet you a bunch of them are not stars fans they just jumped ship after their teams got knocked or didnt even make the playoffs.

Well, the Stars made a hell of a series out of it after all. I think the Wings just wore them down and the Stars couldn't sustain the kind of performance they would have needed to win the series; they left everything they had on the Detroit ice in game 5. Teams can do that once or twice against a better team in a playoff series, but they can't usually do it four times. Turco shook the JLA ghost, but in the end, he was outplayed by Chris Osgood in this series. I do have to say, though: Brendan Morrow is a mensch.

Hopefully, the Wings will get Franzen back for the next round. The second line was awful without him and they could really use the lift.

I think the 3rd period tonight we saw one of the reasons hockey isn't very marketable, 15mins of play with no break, which was fing awesome

Edited by Rikadyn

Guest LivingtheDream
Yes.

Wings keep playing this way, the Pens will need all the support they can get.

The Pens haven't seen s*** yet in this post season. This is a whole new level, still they are not to be taken lightly.

Curious to get a Dallas fans opinion on this but what was the reason behind this loss? Game 1 was apparently the refs, were the 4OT game was vehemently avoided as an excuse by the players. However, once they started winning everyone began saying the 4OT exhaustion finally wore off and now this was the real Dallas team. Then tonight, a game that if not for the refs calling only one team for penalties could have been worse than Pitt's 6-0 Philly shellacking. So what is it, the 4OT hangover decided to skip a couple games and show up tonight?

I think the 3rd period tonight we saw one of the reasons hockey isn't very marketable, 15mins of play with no break, which was fing awesome

That was amazing. I remember looking at the clock at the 15 minute mark and then looking at it again with 3 minutes left. Crazyness.

Awesome win. The changes that Babcock made to the lineup worked great I thought. Hudler provided some spark for our 2nd line, as I thought Cleary and Filppula played their best games of the playoffs. Lilja was also pretty steady filling in for Chelios. It was awesome to see Drapes and Drake score, they have been awesome in these playoffs. Hard to believe this is Drake's first trip to the finals. Ozzy had another stellar game, espescially the third period. The whole team was really good tonight actually. If the officiating wasn't piss poor, there's no way it would have been as close as it was.

CBC said the finals start Saturday which is way too far away, but I'm not working so sweeeet. Should be an awesome series, can't wait.