• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kcjacoby

If I was Maltby...

Rate this topic

I was watching the game at the Joe when I noticed after game 5... the buzzer had sounded, and I saw Ott go for the game puck. It had came back down in our area where our team was emptying off the bench and going to go console Osgood. The refs stopped Ott, and I could just tell what he was telling the ref's as he wanted the game puck. I saw Maltby notice Ott going for it... and as he did, he went and skated over to grab the puck...

Now, I know Ott was going for the puck so that he could give it to Turco... but, I don't know why, but a small part of me wished that Maltby would have tossed the puck over the glass to some fan...

But an official came up to Maltby after picking up the puck and grabbed it away from him...

I know its poor sportsmanship... but damnit, I don't think Dallas needs any more momentum rght now...

What would you guys have done?

Then again, if Maltby would have done it, it could have backfired, and pissed Ott off something horrible... *shrug*

Edited by Kcjacoby

I'm not picking on you, but I think that that would have been pretty classless. Anyway, IMO there is no momentum in that as much as there was with Modano's "the only good reason to go to Detroit is to beat them" comment.

If Maltby was really classy he would have picked it up and tossed it to Ott or Turco himself. Turco clearly deserved that puck for the monkey he kicked off his back in JLA that night. Whether you like it or not, even as a Red Wings fan you have to tip your hat to Turco's performance that game.

Of course that is easy to say not being on the ice, playing, shoving, being slashed and hooked and having your momma called bad names. Perhaps Maltby should have just skated off...

I don't suppose he had a marker with him or he could have autographed it and handed it to Ott. That would have really gotten his goat.

Seriously, yeah, if he's going for the game puck for the winning goalie, you have nothing to lose by letting him have it, as long as you say something like "give this to Marty since it's his last win of the season". He's used to trash talk. No use doing something like throwing it that will cause him to carry a grudge into the next game.

Have you ever seen the commercial for the blender that can (among other things) puree hockey pucks? He should have whipped one of those out, and thrown it in there.

:thumbup:

There's a number of other "Will It Blend" videos and they're a great way to kill some time.