• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TheCaptain19

Osgood/Turco exchange

Rate this topic

People are just looking for a reason to bash Turco. We have no idea what was said, or in what context it was said. Marty shook hands with Osgood, and that's all I care about. I wish Chelios could say the same thing about last season's handshake line after the Ducks eliminated the Wings.

Agreed. People here need to just leave him alone. I mean, if I had lost the way they did I wouldn't of been so happy. As a goalie, it must be hard to lose a series because you'd always look back and think "I should've stopped that." Either way, I think he did an amazing job at giving the Stars some life in games 4 and 5. Finally winning in the Joe arena must've been something big for him and I expect him to do just as well next year. :hehe:

I noticed as well. Turco definitely brushed Ozzie off and it was certainly awkward. It looked like Ozzie was trying to break some kind of "ice" and Turco wanted no part of it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t_iufc5Z8bQ

If there are any good lip readers out there here's a link to the handshake.

The Ozzie Turco shake is at about 2:05

Good Luck

Okay..the CBC feed doesn't seem so bad. Turco did pat Ozzie on the chest.

You can see after Ribiero and Ozzie shook hands that Mike looked back and said something to Ozzie.

I noticed as well. Turco definitely brushed Ozzie off and it was certainly awkward. It looked like Ozzie was trying to break some kind of "ice" and Turco wanted no part of it.

Break some ice? Of course he wanted no part of it. The guy just lost the WCF - he was devastated. Nothing could get a genuine smile out of me if I were in is shoes. I'd just want to get in the showers and go home away from any Red Wings.

He's still a Wolverine and an awesome goalie and still has plenty of class IMO. No reasons to not like him if you previously did, but that's me. And plus - we beat his ass!! On to the FINALS!!

Just watched the versus replay. I think he said "Pretty nice for a backup." The beginning was kind of muffled but "backup" was loud and clear. I love the sarcastic smile Ozzie gave him, it was like he was saying "funny, dick."

You have no idea what was said or what wasn't said, you are guessing at what Turco may/could have said and then you are taking that guess and calling him classless.

How in the hell do you know whether or not Turco lost with Dignity or did Osgood win with Class.

This thread is not about dignity and class it is about fans finding a way to dog on a guy!

People looking for a reason to hate on the guy.

Turco was disrespectful because after losing his chance to go to the SCF he didn't run up and hug Ozzie with a big smile on his face?

What did you expect from the man, odds are his career goal is to win a Stanley cup, he just lost his best chance at it, and you want him to be all over Ozzie's nuts!!

Read my post again, not once did I claim that I knew what Turco said nor did I guess or call him classless. In fact I like Turco - what I said was that the thread was discussing whether or not people thought he was classless or Ozzie was classy. I don't know what was said nor do I really care, what I care about is you griping about people who chose on a forum to speculate or opine about whatever they want especially when it directly relates to the last series and an interaction between the goalies.

It's about SOME of the fans on here too.

You just showed your lack of class.

Any explanation as to my lack of class or does any opinion that is not yours classless? Its awesome the way you provide such meaningful insight before you attack someone. Now that is classy. :rolleyes:

Break some ice? Of course he wanted no part of it. The guy just lost the WCF - he was devastated. Nothing could get a genuine smile out of me if I were in is shoes. I'd just want to get in the showers and go home away from any Red Wings.

He's still a Wolverine and an awesome goalie and still has plenty of class IMO. No reasons to not like him if you previously did, but that's me. And plus - we beat his ass!! On to the FINALS!!

Devastated or not, you still look your opponent in the eye and have some decency. That is if you are a good sport.

If most of you (and I'm generalizing here) were high school girls, this would be such an important gossip topic.

I guess to some, it's important to pursue, to justify whatever feelings they may have for either goalie.

The fact is, it's a team sport and has the best tradition in handshakes at the end of a series.

Seems like some of you are really nitpicking to satisfy whatever it is that makes you feel better when you hear the things you 'want' to hear.

Pathetic.

I just watched the clip. Turco pats Ozzie on the chest after they shake hands.

If that's not sporting, I don't know what is.

On to the finals, enough of this garbage.

People, seriously...it's a handshake. A HANDSHAKE. A handshake isn't something exciting in life.

According to the band "Bad Religion" a "handshake is nothing but a sutble eff you!"

Just thought I'd throw it in the mix... :D