• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PaVel DaTsYuK fan13

Red Wings Playoff MVP

Rate this topic

Impossible to split Ozzie/Hank/Dats right now, but I get the feeling if we are to win the cup, then Ozzie is gunna have to steal a game or 2 for us from Crosby/Malkin/Hossa, which would put him over the top.

At this point it has to be Ozzie. The way I see it,for whatever reason Dom feel apart against Nashville. After going up 2-0 against the Preds Dom has two games in a row where he lets in 2 goals,what 2 minutes apart? The teams confidence was slipping,those two losses where no question goaltending.

Then Ozzie comes in and we don't lose another game until game 4 against the Stars! I don't know how Ozzie isn't the MVP at this point.

Edited by cupcrazy

16GP 11G 10A 21P +15 14PIM 3PPG 4PPA 2SHG 3SHA 3GWG 84SOG 57.9FO%

That's the best statline of the playoffs.

YEP! Hank all the way

Then Dats and Ozzie

Lots of Wings having the best play off runs of their carreers, its a shame they cant share it for their unselfish team concept play

What's great about this thread is there is no clear cut name. We have had a number of guys mentioned that have all played excellent hockey thus far in the playoffs. That speaks volumes for the talent of this team.

Edited by ManLuv4Clears

My heart says Ozzie....I don't know... just because when Verson won it in 97 I always felt like Osgood deserved to get one.....Not saying Stevey Y did not deserve his in any type of way. But I think if a "backup" goaltender can come in to to bring us all the way to the cup, especially with the amazing stats he has, he deserves it. But then again you can't really judge until you watch the finals.

What's great about this thread is there is no clear cut name. We have had a number of guys mentioned that have all played excellent hockey thus far in the playoffs. That speaks volumes for the talent of this team.

Excellent point...teams dont get this far by having one player that carries the load....

We had a similar thread on our board....Sid...Fleury...Malkin...Hossa....

the TEAM has to step up....

fun stuff...isnt it?

And yet, you can't really count out the intangibles...the stats that don't show up on the scoresheet at the end of the game. If you throw in those little things, you can't dismiss people like Kronner, Pasha and some of the others.

This is going to be one of the hardest Conn Smythes to award. So many possibilities.

Zetterberg

Datsyuk

Osgood

I wouldn't have ranked Franzen #1 even after the Colorado series just because so many of his goals came during that series. It was pretty clear that Colorado was really outmatched that series.

This man knows what he is talking about but Kronwall should be up there too. I know that Lidstrom is our best D but do you see who has the most points as a D?

Very tough question.

even more because as a whole the Wings are playing really well.

That makes it all the more unfair to point someone as a MVP.

I'm sure the players won't care fot that trophy at all.

All they want is the Stanley Cup.

That why you never see a player hoist the Conn Smythe up in the air and show it the crowd....

it's just not that important.

Excellent point...teams dont get this far by having one player that carries the load....

We had a similar thread on our board....Sid...Fleury...Malkin...Hossa....

the TEAM has to step up....

fun stuff...isnt it?

That it is. Should be a great series. :thumbup:

I am asking out of curiosity not starting a flame war.

To those of you who have hands down winners how?

Lets say you chose a forward:

How do you separate Z from D and Mule, D from Z and Mule, Mule from D and Z?

You chose a D-man

How is it that Lids or Kron is making a bigger impact than the forwards?

If you chose Ozzie:

How is what he is doing clearly better than what Z, D, Mule or Lids is doing.

Z is playing great two way hockey, best PK guy on the team, even without the shorties!

Dats is playing great two way hockey, hitting (not bone crushing but still) a ton,

That line is the only line in hockey that is top 3 in O and D in the League, they are the definition of two way forwards!!!

Mule, put up fantastic numbers, if he comes back and catches fire, his numbers would be Sakic-esque from his unreal post season (2000? can't remember and now I am not sure it wasn't Forsberg?).

Lids, best D-man in the world, best PP QB in 10 years, and all he is doing is playing up to those standards!

Ozzie, I would say his biggest boost to this team is the confidence he gives them, not the saves, those help too, but I think his biggest impact starts when the guys see his name on the lineup card!

I will say this, I think Kronwall is out of the running, not enough goals, but I thought last year the loss of Schneider was the biggest reason they didn't make the SCF, I could've been wrong, Kronwall is the hitter and 2nd pairing D man this team needed last post season!

I am asking out of curiosity not starting a flame war.

To those of you who have hands down winners how?

Lets say you chose a forward:

How do you separate Z from D and Mule, D from Z and Mule, Mule from D and Z?

Watching games is sufficent. Hank is clearly our MVP at the moment.

Edited by Reds4Life

Thanks for insinuating that I don't watch the games, that was a thoughtful well worded in depth reply!

haha whatever. I did not post YOU don't watch games.

You asked "how do you..." so I replied.

Zetterberg is on the ice in every situation, he is playing his best hockey. Clearly our MVP.

Edited by Reds4Life

Again way to describe your position!

Any others with an opinion on this matter, I personally don't see how there is a hands down winner and was wondering what puts the player you chose so far and above others that they are a hands down winner.

Reds4life, you mentioned Z being on the ice in every situation, you mean like Dats, Lids, Kronwall, Mule, Flip?

Now I am not saying Flip is in the hunt for MVP, however he has played every single situation this postseason.

Granted Z's level of play is much higher or more complete, I should say, but there are a lot of players that play in every situation PK, Even strength, shut down 5-5, team d.

I guess I was looking more for an explanation of your stance instead of you reiterating your position.