• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PaVel DaTsYuK fan13

Red Wings Playoff MVP

Rate this topic

Franzen was clearly the MVP of this run before he got sidelined, but after missing most of our meaningful games, it's really up in the air. You can make a good case for Hank, Datsyuk, Nick, and Ozzie.

I'm interested to see everyones thoughts on our current playoff MVP

Ozzie is in top 5

Zetterberg

Datsyuk

Franzen

Lidstrom

Ozzie

Kronwall

Spot on but I'd put Lidstrom last on that list. Not to take away from him of course, but I think Ozzie or Kronwall deserve it more. I might even want to put Kronner higher just for all the amazing hit's he's laid out. :D (Drake too)

I would put it this way.

1) Osgood

2) Zetterberg

3) Lidstrom

4) Datsyuk

5) Franzen

Franzen was much higher before we beat Dallas without him; and admittedly, although he has 12 goals, many of those goals had no bearing on the outcome of the game they were scored in. In game 2 vs Colorado, he scored his third goal halfway through the third period to put Detroit up 5-1, which was the final. In game 4, he scored the Wings' 6th and 7th goals in the second half of the second period.

Yes, he has scored some big goals...but if you don't think his stats are a little inflated by being the finisher on a couple meaningless plays, you should never talk about whether goals are 'good' or 'bad' goals because clearly you put more stock in the actual numbers than the quality.

Spot on but I'd put Lidstrom last on that list. Not to take away from him of course, but I think Ozzie or Kronwall deserve it more. I might even want to put Kronner higher just for all the amazing hit's he's laid out. :D(Drake too)

you cant base the mvp off of a game or two.

I say it goes as of today

Zetterberg

Ozzie

Pavel

Franzen

Lidstrom

thats it.

Zetterberg

Ozzie

Datsyuk

If the Fronz comes back and gets to work like before he'll be back up there but he'll have to not miss anymore games.

Edited by JayUp88

1) Zetterberg

2) Datsyuk

3) Ozzie

4) Lidstrom/Kronwall (could go either way)

5) Holmstrom (Just ask the goalies)

Franzen would be there, probably #1, but unfortuantly he didn't have much part in eliminating Dallas

Tough call. I would have to say Ozzie at this point. His numbers stand for themself and he has made some huge key saves including last night to help shut the opposition down.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by ManLuv4Clears

Zetterberg

Datsyuk

Osgood

I wouldn't have ranked Franzen #1 even after the Colorado series just because so many of his goals came during that series. It was pretty clear that Colorado was really outmatched that series.

In all honesty I hope Osgood wins the Conn Smyth. Quite frankly because he deserves it, however, Hank and Pavel have both been so instrumental in our success this post season I wouldn't want one to win it and the other have a Sergei Fedorov-esq invisible shadow cast over them in the future.

Not saying that would definitely be the case, but these two are just too valuable to take chances! Kinda know what I'm saying? - Anyway... Ozzie, your time has come!

It's gotta be Ozzie. Big team effort in front of him is a plus, but what that also means is that nobody has really set themselves well apart to be considered for the Smythe. If I were handing it out right now, Ozzie would get it.

However....if Franzen returns and continues the pace from the first two rounds, he'd be the winner instead. So many big goals, game-winning goals....Ozzie now, because Franzen's out. Bring back the Mule we saw in Rounds 1 and 2, and it's his.

Spot on but I'd put Lidstrom last on that list. Not to take away from him of course, but I think Ozzie or Kronwall deserve it more. I might even want to put Kronner higher just for all the amazing hit's he's laid out. :D (Drake too)

Don't forget about the 12 assists i think he's had to :)