• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
10 Minute Misconduct

Franzen update

Rate this topic

my god all of you have quite a lot of assumptions, its really annoying. I mean after a few posts it seems that everyone of you must have went to medical school or maybe wrote for a politician, telling us well the Wings mean this and that..... If they say he is improving nobody can really say otherwise unless they've talked to him, know someone in management, or his doc. Take it for what its worth.

I don't see the Wings winning without Franzen. It was doable against the Stars because they coudn't score to begin with, but Detroit needs secondary scoring. Their second PP unit is beyond awful.

You're going to jinx it. What if the Wings lose Game 7? Then all this talk about the Pens series is moot.

He had two hat tricks and scored four game winning goals during his injury. I don't think it's hindering him.

your an idiot. lets say franzen will with 100% certainty will score 2 goals a game in the finals if he plays. lets also assume that the wings are up 3-0 in the series and winning game 4 4-0 in the third. now franzen is skating up the ice and collapses due to _______. he later dies at the hospital.

obviously im being overly dramatic and unrealistic. but in this scenario would you rather franzen play and put his life on the line and have the wings win the cup or start the rest of the team and see what happens.

just because he feels fine doesn't mean he is fine. cough.. FISCHER... cough.

His health is infinitly more important than hockey. alsways has been, always will be. END OF STORY.

that being said, i hope he is cleared to play soon.

your an idiot. lets say franzen will with 100% certainty will score 2 goals a game in the finals if he plays. lets also assume that the wings are up 3-0 in the series and winning game 4 4-0 in the third. now franzen is skating up the ice and collapses due to _______. he later dies at the hospital.

obviously im being overly dramatic and unrealistic. but in this scenario would you rather franzen play and put his life on the line and have the wings win the cup or start the rest of the team and see what happens.

just because he feels fine doesn't mean he is fine. cough.. FISCHER... cough.

His health is infinitly more important than hockey. alsways has been, always will be. END OF STORY.

that being said, i hope he is cleared to play soon.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Franzen's tests were all negative. These are just headaches. He is no more likely to collapse like Fischer than Crosby or Lidstrom or Datsyuk or anyone else.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Franzen's tests were all negative. These are just headaches. He is no more likely to collapse like Fischer than Crosby or Lidstrom or Datsyuk or anyone else.

Crosby plays the first round with a broken foot and Franzen might miss the Stanley Cup Finals with.....headaches-that-have-gone-away? Thats right, the FINALS, with the condition of previously having headaches. Wow, I finally agree with everyone who says we are soft. This is pathetic, we are soft. Maybe someone should ask Drake what the finals mean to him and learn a lesson.

Edited by redwinger4747

Crosby plays the first round with a broken foot and Franzen might miss the Stanley Cup Finals with.....headaches-that-have-gone-away? Thats right, the FINALS, with the condition of previously having headaches. Wow, I finally agree with everyone who says we are soft. This is pathetic, we are soft. Maybe someone should ask Drake what the finals mean to him and learn a lesson.

Hold on. The players have no control over it. If the doctor's don't clear them, they can't play. Simple as that. They have reason to be cautious.

Our Doctors are also the reason our players are hardly ever injured for very long.

If it was simply a matter of painkillers then he wouldn't be "injured"...
I was being facetious, of course, and the lack of reports other than "headaches" or the vague "concussion-like symptoms" is a bit frustrating. He'll probably return around mid-series at best, so here's to hoping that epic scoring binge can be added to!

Some of you all are being absolutely ridiculous.

We're the softest team in the league? Get real. Listen to what other teams now say against the Wings when they face off. They scratched that moniker last playoffs.

And while I undestand you play try to play by any means necessary both physically and mentally in the playoffs, have some of you ever considered that doctors know a lot more about physical conditions of players over people who are just beer-bellied sports forum armchair Monday morning quarterbacks?

I would not be surprised that Franzen himself wants Franzen to play the most, and it is eating at him metally not being able to play out there. But if the doctor says no, you go with the trusted AND QUALIFIED medical opinion of SOMEBODY TRAINED to make such informed and accurate decisions.

Beer-bellied sports forum armchair Monday morning quarterbacks are not qualified and trained enough or at all to make informed and accurate decision on the status of Red Wings players, especially since we don't physically examine them.

Let's compare the two situations shall we. Crosby played with a broken foot. Yes, this limited his effectiveness, likely played with a lot of pain, but other than that, playing didn't create any additional risk to him.

Franzen appears to have issues impacting his head/brain. While he may be more able to play physically than Crosby was last year, the risks appear to be too high. I'm not sure anyone knows what the issues are at this point, but I have to trust the doctors in their conclusion that it is too risky for him to play as there may be long term effects to his body/life.

Oops, you just out did yourself, congrats again.

As an outsider...I have a Franzen question....

He only had 38 points in the regular season....why the sudden superstar output?

Thats quite a jump...just curious....

Holmstrom went down with an injury anf Franzen replaced him on the 1st line.

He had been told to shoot a lot more by the coaching staff, but I don't think his confidence level was high enough for him to start thinking like a scorer. (He was also being played on a defensive oriented line due to his size & mobility.)

I think that playing on the top line finally helped him to blossom into a scorer and significantly boosted his confidence.

Franzen was asked about his scoring and he commented that he had always been told to shoot more, but he just didn't see himself as a goal scorer.

Looks like he's had a change of heart. His scoring didn't drop off when moved from the top line at all.

;)

He missed the start of the year with an injury i believe and it took him a while to get going. Then Cleary broke his jaw and he got pushed up two the 2 line and he really took off around the start of march.

You know how sometimes people get hit funny on the head and then all of a sudden they become really good painters or really good at math? It kinda happened like that. Only Mule didn't get hit in the head; Cleary did. Dan was on pace for a 30 goal season when one shin guard assassin shattered his jaw. Clears missed almost all of the rest of the season and the Mule stepped it up big time from there. I don't know how, but if anyone had told me back when Cleary broke his jaw that by the Colorado series Mule would lead us in scoring and Hank would be up there in penalty minutes I would have laughed at them.

Other than an injury to Dan Cleary about 3/5 through the season when Cleary was playing second line and yielded more time and offensive responsibility to step up for Franzen, not much else can really be explained I think as to why he went on the tear other than he got on a hot streak that isn't out of the oridnary for people with halfway decent offensive skill to get sometimes, it helped his confidence and to shoot more, and he's also getting lucky bounces as well.

When you score a lot in bunches, it's normally a combination of being really good/finishing, getting some lucky bounces, and being in the right places at the right times.

He missed the start of the year with an injury i believe and it took him a while to get going. Then Cleary broke his jaw and he got pushed up two the 2 line and he really took off around the start of march.

Thanks for the insight...I appreciate it...

Flyers had Umberger...who did little in the RS...then exploded for 10 goals in 2 rounds (zip against us)

Great thing about the playoffs...people definitely step up

I hope he makes it back

The thing with Franzen is that if you go back to the regular season, he has 27 goals in his last 27 games. That's beyond ridiculous, and it's a little too long to just be an aberration. Not that he could continue at that pace, but he obviously can score goals for real.

Whenever I hear of concusions I think of Adam Deadmarsh. He was an awesome player 3 years ago, and now nothing. You don't even hear his name anymore. I hope Franzen's case is nothing serious. Really has me worried.