• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Learn2LuvIt

Franzen Out For The Season

Rate this topic

Ok...so this is the first time I've ever posted in the rumor mill, but had an interesting conversation last night while out eating dinner...so I thought I'd throw this on here.

I was eating at an upscale restaurant in Birmingham last night, and while waiting for our table, got talking to this gentleman. This guy was a very nicely dressed older man (I'd guess around age 60) who was there with his wife. He is a doctor at Beaumont Hospital. He told me that he personally knows the team doctor for the Wings, and that Franzen has blood on his brain, and is NO Question...out for the season.

Take it with a "grain of salt", but just what I heard. Not sure what I think <_<

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

Yeah, so he has internal bleeding(blood on his brain?) and they let him ride the bike. And he felt like flying to Dallas. He will be back for game 1 against Pens. I do belive.

I don't belive this info you posted one bit.

Edited by Reds4Life

Yeah, so he has internal bleeding(blood on his brain?) and they let him ride the bike. And he felt like flying to Dallas. He will be back for game 1 against Pens. I do belive.

I don't belive this info you posted one bit.

Yeah, well, I happen to have a connection in a hospital that knew of a patient who claimed to have played 2 years with Gordie Howe back in the late 60s. Did a quick search for his name, never listed as a hockey player, let alone on any of those teams. But he seemed credible, too, until you search it.

Doctors especially are full of crap.

If he's bleeding in the brain they'd be treating this totally different.

I'm pretty sure that if he were "no question out for the season" the Wings would let everyone know. Why make claims that he could be coming back?

I'm not saying that you are lying or anything..but maybe the guy you were talking to was.

If he has any blood in his brain he'd be in real bad shape right now and would absolutely in no way shape or form be allowed to work out.

I'm no professional on these matters, but I would think that if he had "blood on the brain," Franzen would be in the hospital and definitely not participating in light workouts. I don't believe the guy you overhead for a second.

I'm not saying that you are lying or anything..but maybe the guy you were talking to was.

If he has any blood in his brain he'd be in real bad shape right now and would absolutely in no way shape or form be allowed to work out.

+1

I'm no professional on these matters, but I would think that if he had "blood on the brain," Franzen would be in the hospital and definitely not participating in light workouts. I don't believe the guy you overhead for a second.

+1

regardless of where or what the OP heard... i have a feeling we won't be seeing him anymore season is at most 2 weeks away from being done...

What's funny is that everyone dismisses it even though their own opinion about it contains no more or less truth to it, especially when you claim he will be back for game 1. Because truth be told I've heard the same thing. Unless anyone here is physically with Franzen and the doctors it's only speculation to as what is actually wrong with him and if there is a timeline for when he will be back.

What's funny is that everyone dismisses it even though their own opinion about it contains no more or less truth to it, especially when you claim he will be back for game 1. Because truth be told I've heard the same thing. Unless anyone here is physically with Franzen and the doctors it's only speculation to as what is actually wrong with him and if there is a timeline for when he will be back.

Babcock already said that things look good and he should be back sometime in the final, see his post game comments from last night.

Also, if it were this, he would be done and Wings would announce it AND he wouldn't be allowed to workout again. This isn't a me and you workout, more of a Pro athlete workout.

Ok...so this is the first time I've ever posted in the rumor mill, but had an interesting conversation last night while out eating dinner...so I thought I'd throw this on here.

I was eating at an upscale restaurant in Birmingham last night, and while waiting for our table, got talking to this gentleman. This guy was a very nicely dressed older man (I'd guess around age 60) who was there with his wife. He is a doctor at Beaumont Hospital. He told me that he personally knows the team doctor for the Wings, and that Franzen has blood on his brain, and is NO Question...out for the season.

Take it with a "grain of salt", but just what I heard. Not sure what I think <_<

I heard the same information over the weekend, via a friend whose relative is a neighbor of the team doctor. Supposedly the blood is there from a concussion sustained last season (06-07).

Absolutely NOT.

I'll buy that he said this. I won't buy for ONE second that it's correct.

If there were blood on the brain, Franzen would have been announced as gone long ago. He wouldn't be working out, he wouldn't be traveling, he'd be recovering from surgery. End of story.

I'll wager Franzen plays Game 1. They're playing the media at the moment- having Franzen questionable throws a wrench into preparations. How do you prep for a "possible" appearance by one of the leading scorers?

Well, I heard from a doctor that knew a guy on the Devils who used to play golf with Mario Lemieux that people make up rumors all the time.

Trust me, I don't know if I believe him either. But I will say this....I did not make this up have better things to do than 'make up" rumors. I want Franzy back playing as much as anyone.

It's funny you come on the rumor board with such a statement (I really doesn't make sense).

Go Wings and I hope Franzy gets back playing in game 1.

If this is true and the man really is a doctor, he just violated HIPPA policy in a big way. I don't think any doctor would be that stupid.

key point.

this is BS big time. i assume he'll be back for game one.

If this is true and the man really is a doctor, he just violated HIPPA policy in a big way. I don't think any doctor would be that stupid.

Very true. Franzen could sue him into oblivion- HIPAA is not something you mess with.

Trust me, I don't know if I believe him either. But I will say this....I did not make this up have better things to do than 'make up" rumors. I want Franzy back playing as much as anyone.

It's funny you come on the rumor board with such a statement (I really doesn't make sense).

Sorry, I wasn't accusing you personally of making up the rumor, but the doctor who told you this. My bad.

I just remember after Fischer's collapse that someone on the board mentioned that a doctor told him that Fisch would be back in uniform within a couple weeks after the collapse and...well, we all know how that turned out. *shrug*

.... Yes thats true but ....

wink wink........

If I did know someone that worked there I might have heard the same thing. but they told me not to say anything.

wink wink.......

I am not joking.

.... Yes thats true but ....

wink wink........

If I did know someone that worked there I might have heard the same thing. but they told me not to say anything.

wink wink.......

I am not joking.

Again, unfortunately, hearsay. Maybe the doc who said it is a Pens fan. Maybe the person who said it made it up. Maybe a thousand things, but NO doctor is dumb enough to compromise HIPAA for something like this.

Update from Detroit News:

There was a bit of positive news Wednesday in terms of Johan Franzen. Franzen, who has been unable to play or skate since Game 2 of the conference finals because of concussion-like symptoms, did some light skating at Joe Louis Arena. But while that was a positive step, general manager Ken Holland said it's "highly doubtful" Franzen will be able to play Saturday in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals. "He's feeling better, but he hasn't practiced (in nearly two weeks)," said Holland, who added it would be too much to expect Franzen to immediately jump into the line-up against the Penguins. "I guess he did go for a twirl. He hasn't been cleared to go full out." Holland said the Wings are treating Franzen's availability as game-to-game, or day-to-day, and are hopeful Franzen can still return at some point in this series. The Wings say Franzen was hurt during the Colorado series.

Franzen's skating. This rumor is bulls***.