• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gnredwing

Dan Cleary

Rate this topic

I know a lot of people are saying Dan Cleary needs to score more, but I thought he looked very good in game 6. He was speeding all over the rink and showed a lot of good things. Maybe its Cleary thats due to explode in the finals, not that ***** Crosby. GO WINGS!!!

Guest Crymson
He definitely did look a bit better in the last game, but I still think he has a long ways to go to get up to how he was playing one year ago

You mean three months ago, right? You know, when he was on pace for 30 goals before his jaw was shattered?

And you mean that he has a long way of conditioning to go until then, right? Like, back to the level of conditioning he was at before his jaw was shattered and he had surgery for it?

People need to stop using his broken jaw as an excuse. He's had plenty of time to get his legs back and adjust to that soup bowl under his chin. He's playing great defensively, which is the only reason I'm not all over him when it comes to putting up numbers.. but like I said if your going to defend the guys productivety can you please pick something more original (and accurate) than, "yea, how about you break your jaw, get it wired shut, loose 20 pounds, yada, yada, yada"

He was flying in game 6, offensively and defensively. He hasn't been putting up the numbers, but if he keeps playing like he did in game six he's bound to put some in eventually.. I'm just hoping its against the pens. And if its not, well then lets just hope he continues to shut down the opposing offense, afterall that could turn out to be even more valuable

edit: grammer

Edited by DYags

Cleary is on the right track, I think that the cage has been more of an issue for him than most thought it would be.

He may not be scoring goals. But he really isn't doing anything wrong either.

It's a shame, that broken jaw pretty much couldn't have happend at a worse time for him.

People need to stop using his broken jaw as an excuse. He's had plenty of time to get his legs back and adjust to that soup bowl under his chin. He's playing great defensively, which is the only reason I'm not all over him when it comes to putting up numbers.. but like I said if your going to defend the guys productivety can you please pick something more original (and accurate) than, "yea, how about you break your jaw, get it wired shut, loose 20 pounds, yada, yada, yada"

He was flying in game 6, offensively and defensively. He hasn't been putting up the numbers, but if he keeps playing like he did in game six he's bound to put some in eventually.. I'm just hoping its against the pens. And if its not, well then lets just hope he continues to shut down the opposing offense, afterall that could turn out to be even more valuable

You dont know how bad those plastic helmets affect your jaw. Do you remeber when Sakic had to wear one and was a non-factor for alot of games dispite being in his prime. About the jaw, do you remeber when JR got his jaw shattered by Hatcher? I dont think he's been the same player since and I do not blame that on age.

Danny's game will come back next season if not in the finals, besides, if were winning, we dont need to worry about this. He still is one of the best penalty killers on this team and always defensively responsibly. He's come a crossbar and a couple inches away from having 3 goals in the post season, and even when he doesnt factor in the on the score sheet, he usually has a hand in starting the 2nd PP units goal (obviously being finished by Franzen, Hudler and Kronwall.) He's fine, yes he's gotta score more, but losing weight does affect it, he cant see the puck as well, but he's still generating chances. Dont forget he's never won a cup, and could make history by becoming the first Newfoundland born player to have his name on the Cup, I believe he will give 120% to try to have an impact in the finals to make it even more special.

You dont know how bad those plastic helmets affect your jaw. Do you remeber when Sakic had to wear one and was a non-factor for alot of games dispite being in his prime. About the jaw, do you remeber when JR got his jaw shattered by Hatcher? I dont think he's been the same player since and I do not blame that on age.

Danny's game will come back next season if not in the finals, besides, if were winning, we dont need to worry about this. He still is one of the best penalty killers on this team and always defensively responsibly. He's come a crossbar and a couple inches away from having 3 goals in the post season, and even when he doesnt factor in the on the score sheet, he usually has a hand in starting the 2nd PP units goal (obviously being finished by Franzen, Hudler and Kronwall.) He's fine, yes he's gotta score more, but losing weight does affect it, he cant see the puck as well, but he's still generating chances. Dont forget he's never won a cup, and could make history by becoming the first Newfoundland born player to have his name on the Cup, I believe he will give 120% to try to have an impact in the finals to make it even more special.

I can't really argue that (even though I did right before :rolleyes: ). All I was really getting at is that I'm tired of everyone using the jaw and mask as the reason he isn't scoring. I'm sure if you ask Danny why his production is down, he's not going to say, "its because of this damn soup bowl!" So again, he's been playing great defensively, been driving the net more, playing physically on both ends.. he's just not scoring.. and like you said, he's come close on several occasions.

On the bright side, with his drop off in production we can probably cut 500k or so off his upcoming contract :rolleyes:

Guest Crymson

Please read this post, and then shut your trap on matters you don't know anything about.

"Yea, how about you break your jaw, get it wired shut, lose (I corrected your spelling error) 20 pounds" is an extremely viable reason for somebody's level of play to decline until they have time to recover their conditioning. It does not need to be 'original,' and yes, Mr. know-it-all, it is 100% accurate.

The part of your post I've put in bold is, I kid you not, possibly the most ludicrous thing I've seen on these boards.. EVER.

Are you for real? :blink:

Lets face it, we're not going to see the real Dan Cleary again until next October. The fearless, Phaneuf destroying, Pronger fighting Dan Cleary is gone for this year.

You mean three months ago, right? You know, when he was on pace for 30 goals before his jaw was shattered?

And you mean that he has a long way of conditioning to go until then, right? Like, back to the level of conditioning he was at before his jaw was shattered and he had surgery for it?

No. I mean one year ago. You know, when he was tearing teams apart in the playoffs in scoring, tight play in the corners, physicality, and defensive play, and was arguably the wings MVP up until their elimination.

And yes, considering the way he has been playing, he has a long way to go to get back to that level.