• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

We were excited yesterday when we found canned Keweenaw beer at a specialty shop. That's the brewery up at MTU in Houghton - cool place and delicious beer. I haven't seen it stocked at many places under the bridge, so it was exciting to see it near us.

I love the Pick-Axe Blonde. Super tasty.

I love Oktoberfest biers! If you ever get a chance to taste or pick up a bottle of Southern Tier's Pumking, it's an amazing one, quite different from most. It tastes almost like pumpkin pie and spices in a bottle. Too sweet to have more than one (for me anyway), but amazing for that first one.

I love Oktoberfest biers! If you ever get a chance to taste or pick up a bottle of Southern Tier's Pumking, it's an amazing one, quite different from most. It tastes almost like pumpkin pie and spices in a bottle. Too sweet to have more than one (for me anyway), but amazing for that first one.

I agree, I really like Spaten's, Sam Adam's is pretty delicious also.

I thought Leinenkugel's Oktoberfest was horrible....

I agree, I really like Spaten's, Sam Adam's is pretty delicious also.

I thought Leinenkugel's Oktoberfest was horrible....

We went to the New Holland Brewery a few weeks ago when their Ichabod came out. It was FANTASTIC.

Jeez - still no love for Leinies <_<

Oh well...Gotta agree with ya that those 2 Oktoberfest brews are pretty darn good; I'm looking to give Goose Island Oktoberfest a try.

I like some of the Leinenkugel's the honeyweis is pretty good, I like the apple spice, but I can only have them one at a time...

I recently bought a case of Red Stripe. First time I had the beer from Jamaica in probably a few beers. Everybody knows it obviously but I forgot how good and sweet it tastes, it rivals Abita Amber as one of my favorites.

I like Red Stripe on occasion, but sometimes it seems a bit sweet to me. I recently got a job working in a fine wine and spirits store which has a very nice selection of imports for me to try. Last week it was TsingTao - a Chinese beer, and I loved it. Not sure what I will try this week, but I am leaning towards Kingfisher from India. I have had it a couple times before and really enjoyed it.

So the Denver Oktoberfest is pretty cool. Been going on for 39 years! Had me some Paulaner Hefeweizen and Paulener Oktoberfers or something. Good stuff. Even better in a giant, 1 Liter glass stein!

And thanks, SWF, now I am craving Red Stripe. Haven't had that in at least four years! And I love the lil jug bottles.

So the Denver Oktoberfest is pretty cool. Been going on for 39 years! Had me some Paulaner Hefeweizen and Paulener Oktoberfers or something. Good stuff. Even better in a giant, 1 Liter glass stein!

Good stuff. I think they were mentioned earlier in the thread, I tried a blueberry beer a few weeks ago. Not a fan. But, it was 8% which was nice.

Tried something new today. Kona Brewing Co. Pipeline Porter. I generally don't drink a lot of porters and stouts because I think they're too heavy to drink in hot weather, and its always hot here. But, I bought the Pipeline Porter since I needed a dark beer for my chili and the store didn't have singles of either Sam Adams Black Lager or Shiner Black Lager. And, I like the other brews that Kona does so I figured what the hell. It's probably the smoothest beer I've had in a long time and has great flavor. I'd highly recommend it.

And it should be really good in my chili :thumbup:

Tried a new local beer tonight - Abita Pecan Harvest

http://www.abita.com/push/080107/

We’re proud to introduce our new Pecan Harvest Ale. “Abita Pecan Harvest Ale is made with real Louisiana pecans,” said David Blossman, President of the Abita Brewing Company. “That makes it something really special, because most beers with a nutty flavor or aroma aren’t made with real nuts,” he continued. “The natural oils from the Louisiana pecans give the ale a light pecan finish and aroma,” stated Blossman. Abita Pecan Harvest Ale is excellent served with both red meat and seafood – and no surprise; it’s great with nuts too.

Pecan Harvest Ale is a new limited edition brew, just like Abita Strawberry Harvest. Earlier this year consumers quickly cleared the shelves of Strawberry Harvest Lager and called the brewery begging for more of the beer made with real Louisiana strawberries. Twenty-seven thousand, five hundred (27,500) cases of beer sold out in only 12 weeks. “We want to remind our customers that supplies of our new Pecan Harvest Ale are limited too. We won’t brew any more until next year and when it’s gone…it’s a gone pecan,” said Blossman. So crack one open for yourself today!

I'll drink beer any day of the week, but I just didn't like this one as much as other Abita brands. I'd like it over Purple Haze actually, PH is actually too sweet for my taste, but it still doesn't come close at all to Abita Amber.

Kokanee... good stuff!

I've been drinking more wheats than lagers lately... usually Oberon or Blue Moon when I go out, my post-hockey game bar has Shock Top on tap now, or when I'm buying for home I'll try any other smaller brewery wheats I can find.

Guest Shoreline

Most Hefeweizen I prefer straight from the tap. The only bottled version I can stand is Widmer. For example, got Gordon HW straight from the tap at LAX. Bought some at the store, tasted like complete s***.

Had some Guinness last night at the concert, decided to just go for rum and coke.

Edited by Shoreline

Tried a few new ones the other day.

Anchor Porter. Not quite as good as the Pipeline Porter which has become one of my favorites, but still very good. Smooth with a nice flavor.

St. Arnold's Christmas Ale. I usually like the St. Arnold's, but there was just something about this one I didn't like. I can't quite figure it out.

And hot damn, Boulevard Brewing Company out of KC is finally distributing in Texas :D I picked up a sixer of the Lunar Ale, which is a dark wheat beer. It tasted so good while watching the MSU game today.

my choices and tastes have changed somewhat over the years.

when i was 15 i had a pretty grizzley beard (ill provide pics if you want :lol:) and the town i live in was lax on IDing back then, i used to leave school for lunch break, drive with my friend to the gas station as quick as possible, buy two mickeys 40oz, slam em and head back. 5th and 6th period classes were always my worst :) i also used to be able to buy the kegs for our parties too, usually pabst blue ribbon HAHA, just cuz it was 30 for a full keg, a great party could be thrown for under 100 dollars ! we also always kept my friends truck stocked with a 30 pack at all times, for a quick shotgun or two between classes.

after just getting drunk as s*** stopped mattering to me, i started exploring with different stuff. i love sam adams, they make some great beer for the price they sell it. im also a big fan of fat tire, widmer, bass, red stripe. i like darker and thicker ales. a good black and blue once in a while also (if you havent tried that, i recommend it) as far as cheap beer, ill have to go with coors. its the smoothest. for malt liquor, which i still love for some reason, mickeys and this local stuff called coyote piss are great ( it might actually be coyote piss ) ive also tried a 25% alcohol beer, boy was that a killer taste. mexican beer is awesome too (the spot we hang out in when we visit mexico is this great titty bar, 5 dollars cover gets you into the club, plus two beers and shot of your choice.

also, if theres anyone here from tucson by any chance, nimbus brewery is AWESOME.

Edited by j.hoop

Seriously...Stronbow is like thee nicest drink ever! If I could ever drink one drink for the rets of my life it would be stronbgow.

Yeah I drank Strongbow when I was 16 too. It's right up there with Passion Pop as the ultimate kids drink.

Believe me, when you actually try other drinks you'll realise how disgusting Strongbow is.