• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

Yes,..I am from Fraser. Michigan, but I live in Seabeck, Washington,..outside of Seattle, about two hours. Micro brews are outstanding here. But, this is what I have to say about beer. It depends on what you are doing,..for me,..if I am outside doing some work on the tractor, in the barn, or in the garden, I drink the cheap stuff. Stuff like Milwaukee's Best,..it is about quench, not a taste testing event. I have been told I shouldn't drink that cheap crap, but when I ask them what would they drink, they say Miller! Miller makes Milwaukee's best,...same crap!

On the other hand,..if it is a festive event like Thanksgiving, or a festival for example,..I like something with great taste, a stout, or a porter does well.

One can never go wrong drinking a fine-crafted pilsner, or heavy ale brew either.

I grow hops on my farm just for the beauty of the flower, and there is nothing like the aroma of it either. One sniff, you want to drink a gallon of some fine brew!

Beer is just good food, no matter what style or brand it might be.

Yes,..I am from Fraser. Michigan, but I live in Seabeck, Washington,..outside of Seattle, about two hours. Micro brews are outstanding here. But, this is what I have to say about beer. It depends on what you are doing,..for me,..if I am outside doing some work on the tractor, in the barn, or in the garden, I drink the cheap stuff. Stuff like Milwaukee's Best,..it is about quench, not a taste testing event. I have been told I shouldn't drink that cheap crap, but when I ask them what would they drink, they say Miller! Miller makes Milwaukee's best,...same crap!

On the other hand,..if it is a festive event like Thanksgiving, or a festival for example,..I like something with great taste, a stout, or a porter does well.

One can never go wrong drinking a fine-crafted pilsner, or heavy ale brew either.

I grow hops on my farm just for the beauty of the flower, and there is nothing like the aroma of it either. One sniff, you want to drink a gallon of some fine brew!

Beer is just good food, no matter what style or brand it might be.

Cool, do you know what kind of hops are growing ? If I were you, I would be brewing beer with those things. Tale some pictures. I would love to see them.

Guest scottj

My favorite beer while watching the wings is probably Killians... can't beat a red lager while watching the red wings

SO DELICIOUS

I want to brew my own beer some day... <_<

Cool, do you know what kind of hops are growing ? If I were you, I would be brewing beer with those things. Tale some pictures. I would love to see them.

Cascade Hops! As for pics, we have to wait until next year. I did brew at one time, enjoyed it but with all the animals, toys, and farm equipment I don't have the time to do so at this time. ..My wife says I have too many hobbies as it is.

I brew my own, so those are my favorite beers :) I have a smokey porter, a nice belgian-style IPA, and apriocot wheat right now. I'll probably brew a stout next weekend.

Molson is my hockey watching beer. Other than that I'm a fan of anything microbrewed.

I only support Michigan beer. A close family friend is the brewmast for Shorts beer, so i mostly drink that, except Molson or Labatte is what i drank during Wings' games.

I'd love to try some of your home brewed beers!!! Any of you guys near Traverse City =]

I only support Michigan beer. A close family friend is the brewmast for Shorts beer, so i mostly drink that, except Molson or Labatte is what i drank during Wings' games.

I'd love to try some of your home brewed beers!!! Any of you guys near Traverse City =]

Can you convince him to ship me some Hangin Frank ?

How often do you find locally brewed cherry brews up there?

How often do you find locally brewed cherry brews up there?

Lol a lot, there are quite a few up here, plus there are some AMAZING local cherry wines. Obviously, they brews and wines are most abundant during the Cherry Festival, but year round there are some good ones. The best cherry brew is hands down the Black Cherry Porter by Shorts. I recommend it if you find it.

Lol a lot, there are quite a few up here, plus there are some AMAZING local cherry wines. Obviously, they brews and wines are most abundant during the Cherry Festival, but year round there are some good ones. The best cherry brew is hands down the Black Cherry Porter by Shorts. I recommend it if you find it.

i have 5 lbs of door county cherries right now that i am going to make a wild ale from, sort of related