• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

How are they in comparison to say, Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat(brewed with cherries from TC)

sacw tastes like medicine, im fairly certain the short's beers will not

Anyone ever try a sour brew?

Ive had tons, and Living in ann arbor you have one of the most popular sour beer producers right downtown with Jolly Pumpkin, go to their brewpub, it is an excellent place to eat and drink.

Oh yeah...those other bottles in the picture of Pliny I posted are sours.

supplication is with cherries right? I preferred consecration, i always get confused by the RR sours since there are so many of them

sacw tastes like medicine, im fairly certain the short's beers will not

Ive had tons, and Living in ann arbor you have one of the most popular sour beer producers right downtown with Jolly Pumpkin, go to their brewpub, it is an excellent place to eat and drink.

supplication is with cherries right? I preferred consecration, i always get confused by the RR sours since there are so many of them

Yep. All three of the sours I have had from them have been really good.

I only support Michigan beer. A close family friend is the brewmast for Shorts beer, so i mostly drink that, except Molson or Labatte is what i drank during Wings' games.

Can you send some Shorts to Texas? The only Michigan beer I've ever seen down here is a few of the Celis ones from MBC, probably because Celis was located in Austin for a while before Miller than MBC bought the brand. Every time I go home, I always stock up on Michigan beer. The mitten is easily one of the top 5 states for beer in the country, way way better than Texas.

I've had plenty but I'm not just not a huge fan of Belgian and/or sour beers. I did have the lagunitas little sumpin wild a while ago, which is a Belgian pale ale that was pretty good. I don't know if Lagunitas distributes in Michigan, but they make some tasty beers.

Can you send some Shorts to Texas? The only Michigan beer I've ever seen down here is a few of the Celis ones from MBC, probably because Celis was located in Austin for a while before Miller than MBC bought the brand. Every time I go home, I always stock up on Michigan beer. The mitten is easily one of the top 5 states for beer in the country, way way better than Texas.

I've had plenty but I'm not just not a huge fan of Belgian and/or sour beers. I did have the lagunitas little sumpin wild a while ago, which is a Belgian pale ale that was pretty good. I don't know if Lagunitas distributes in Michigan, but they make some tasty beers.

LSW was more or less an IPA, i loved it, only 4$ for a bomber too

I think its some kind of IPA/Wheat with Belgian yeast. Whatever it is, it works. And at 4 bucks, the price is right!

Have you tried Lagunitas Hop Stoopid ? The Twin Liquors in and around Austin always seem to have it and it is under $4 for a 22oz. It's pretty good.

Guest CaliWingsNut

What's the worst beer you've ever had? I'd have to think about that one.

Golden Anniversary

Have you tried Lagunitas Hop Stoopid ? The Twin Liquors in and around Austin always seem to have it and it is under $4 for a 22oz. It's pretty good.

I've seen it at Spec's but I haven't tried it yet. I'll have to give it a try.

SA Octoberfest wasn't that bad.

Worst beer ever: Steel Reserve or that nasty Four Loko crap. I'm 24, and apparently I'm suppose to love Four Loko.

Michigan is banning that Four Loko s***. I have never had it and never will. It looks awful. It is just a strong wine cooler.

SA Octoberfest wasn't that bad.

Worst beer ever: Steel Reserve or that nasty Four Loko crap. I'm 24, and apparently I'm suppose to love Four Loko.

If "wasn't that bad" means "perhaps the best seasonal beer ever and a true shame it's only available for a limited time", I'm right there with you.

well guiness is one of the worst beers in the world, but some people seem to think it is good, it obviously isn't

Guinness is pretty much what a dry Irish stout should be. Most definitely not one of the worst beers in the world.

I've had a lot of Jolly Pumpkin's offerings, which use wild belgian yeast in all their ales; makes them all pretty sour. Their Bam Biere is pretty good, as is their stout (forgot the name)

Edited by ACallToArms

Samuel Adams winter brew case is out now. Can't wait.

Methinks I'll be grabbing some of that on the way home from work today. A new liquor store just opened up down the road from my house and that gives me a good reason to pop my head in there and make myself known. :P

The only one I've had out of there is the Winter Lager, and that was around a year ago. Lemme know how the others are. I think the Old Fezziwig Ale will do nicely on Christmas Day.

You should try to find Corsendonk Christmas ale, best Christmas beer i have had as of yet, it comes in a nice gift pack with a glass

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/41/140/

Edited by jollymania