• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

I don't have any point of reference for it, but it tasted pretty good to me. Only have one bottle left. Gotta hit Bottle King tonight to see if I can find the winter case or, failing that, some Octoberfest.

I don't have any point of reference for it, but it tasted pretty good to me. Only have one bottle left. Gotta hit Bottle King tonight to see if I can find the winter case or, failing that, some Octoberfest.

you might want to try this:

http://beerme.com/graphics/brewery/5/5708/19350.gif

mahr's should be available, just check in the germans section

Also:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/144/1000

Edited by jollymania

I'll have to take a look for those next time I hit the store - and given how my week was, I'm gonna burn through this Winter case pretty quickly. Yeah, found it today, letting it chill now. Excited about the Chocolate Bock, because I'm a dork. Just killed off my last Winter Lager from the six I bought, so I don't know if I can wait for it to get properly cool. Yes, you may very well have Drunk Eddy™ in the GDT tonight (although I have a feeling it will be low on the wacky quotient tonight).

I'll have to take a look for those next time I hit the store - and given how my week was, I'm gonna burn through this Winter case pretty quickly. Yeah, found it today, letting it chill now. Excited about the Chocolate Bock, because I'm a dork. Just killed off my last Winter Lager from the six I bought, so I don't know if I can wait for it to get properly cool. Yes, you may very well have Drunk Eddy™ in the GDT tonight (although I have a feeling it will be low on the wacky quotient tonight).

I'm going to be picking up the Winter Variety pack soon, but I'm gonna save the Fezziwig Ale for Christmas Day.

I heard a ton of good things about Sierra Nevada Torpedo so I grabbed one tonight. I actually don't like it. I know a lot of people do but it is just too malty for me. I was hoping for more bitter. although I have never had a beer that is too bitter so maybe my tastes are interfering.

i had some dissapointing MI coffee brews today: bell's java stout and dark horse perkulator , both pretty much sucked, then i had this:

BitchesBrew.jpg

which was pretty damn good, i would say go out and buy it before it sells out.

There is a new tv show coming to either discovery or a&e about brewmasters which featured dogfish head in the commercials. I don't know if it is exclusively about them or not though.

Picked up the Delirium Tremens Noel to try tonight.

Edited by kook_10

I'm now having Scaldis Noel, im pretty sure it is at least form last year, i accidentally chilled it too cold, but as it warms it is pretty good

scaldis-noel.jpg

apparently it comes in a gift pack like corsendonk, haven't seen it yet, I will be searching for the premium version next

in honor of hockeytown im gonna review some SA beers tonight

first I had Holiday Porter:

12 oz bottle.

It pours a dark reddish brown with a foamy off-white head. The head slowly recedes with not much lacing.

It smells sweeter than most of this style. It has a lot of caramel and chocolate in the scent. There is a faint whiff of hops, unfortunately it is two varieties that don't really enjoy, East Kent Goldings and Fuggles.

The flavor is not that great. There is a heavy bit of diacetyl as it has a huge buttery flavor. Other flavors are brown sugar, caramel and chocolate. There is a slight hint of roastiness.

The mouthfeel is thin for the style.

This is just not a great example of the style.

Winter Lager:

12 oz bottle.

It pours a deep copper red with a foamy white head. It doesn't look much like a bock, but it does look very nice.

The smell is malty with a hint of caramel and alcohol. The hops come through a little bit and there is a hint of orange, but the spices don't really come through. It isn't super fragrant.

The spices and whatnot come through in the flavor. This one has a diacetyl problem like I have tasted in several recent SA beers. The cinnamon and ginger are pretty noticeable, along with the buttery bready malts. The 2 aforementioned spices have a little bit of spicy bite in the finish. The orange comes through with a bit of tanginess.

It is an interesting brew, not really a bock, but what else woudl you call it.

Im glad I only bought a bottle of each as they were average/below average