• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

Is Pliny your #1?

it is not, I haven't had younger, but I would put Bell's hopslam over Elder. I strongly recommended you to pick up a 6er of hopsam when it comes out in jan/feb. My favorite beer would be Aventinus Weizen Eisbock.

I'm in Kansas City right now, and one of the beers of choice around here is Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat and Pale Ale. Had one on draft with dinner tonight, very nice stuff.

i wish i had more access to boulevard, i ahve only had 2 of their beers (double wide ipa, zon) and wasn't impressed, but i know they are a solid brewery, i have to go to other parts of the state, or to mn to find it

Founder's Breakfast Stout

Excellent recommendation.

Picked up a six-pack of SN Celebration and Real Ale Coffee Porter. The SN is great, I should have been buying this earlier. Looking at the label I just assumed it was a winter warmer, and I'm not a huge fan of those. Instead, it's an IPA that hits you with a great piney/citrusy aroma with your first sip.

The Coffee Porter is one of the better ones I've had in a while. Real Ale did a good job featuring the coffee, but not letting it overpower the rest of the malts.

Excellent recommendation.

Picked up a six-pack of SN Celebration and Real Ale Coffee Porter. The SN is great, I should have been buying this earlier. Looking at the label I just assumed it was a winter warmer, and I'm not a huge fan of those. Instead, it's an IPA that hits you with a great piney/citrusy aroma with your first sip.

The Coffee Porter is one of the better ones I've had in a while. Real Ale did a good job featuring the coffee, but not letting it overpower the rest of the malts.

How does that compare with something like Guinness?

I'll have to try that, except it is expensive from what I've found. What's a decent-good beer you can find in most liquor/beer stores?

FBS is actually not the easiest to find and only comes in 4 packs. It is 8.3% ABV (I think) and is pretty expensive for there just being 4. It is well worth it though. If you like full bodied, you will love it.

Speaking from my painfully obvious bias, I'd say the best beer you'd find in your average corner liquor store is a Sam.

you can find pilsener urquell most anywhere, i would give that the edge, but im from WI and you can find New Glarus in any gas station, that wins for me