• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

Review for SA Chocolate Bock -

Poured into a Samuel Adams Perfect Pint glass

A: Pours a deep, dark brown. My pour featured a pretty minimal head, not too much lacing.

S: Roasted malts and hints of chocolate, with subtle notes of roasted coffee and nuts.

T: Hints of malts, with a very pleasant chocolate flavor - thankfully, not overpowering. Aftertaste is a bit more on the malty side. Slightly sweet, and I also detect some toffee as well.

M: Medium to full bodied, very smooth.

D: You'll have no problem with a few of these. If I had more of this, I could see myself doing so.

Kentucky Breakfast Stout.

Brilliant. Over 11% and you'd never know it. It tastes like what Guiness wishes it tasted like with a hint of yummy and a dash wonder!

Super hard to get. Only made once a year. Think you can only score a case or two if you call the company directly.

Kentucky Breakfast Stout.

Brilliant. Over 11% and you'd never know it. It tastes like what Guiness wishes it tasted like with a hint of yummy and a dash wonder!

Super hard to get. Only made once a year. Think you can only score a case or two if you call the company directly.

nice, one of my top 3 beers, There is a bar near me that always has it for 12$ a bottle, but I just wait for march when it is bottled and get a couple of bottles for the year at 5$

Picked up a case of SA Cherry Wheat, brewed with Traverse City, Michigan cherries. Review -

Poured into my Samuel Adams Perfect Pint glass.

A: Poured a bit of a cloudy amber color, but the cloudiness is normal for a wheat beer. Pretty light head that fades after a short while, not too much lacing left behind.

S: Wonderful scent of Michigan cherries makes you look forward to the taste.

T: Cherries! Not overpowering whatsoever. Certainly not anything like cough syrup, in my opinion. Also, a nice balance of hops and malt and finishes with just the right amount of bitterness.

M: Very smooth with a nice, dry finish. Medium-full bodied with moderate carbonation.

D: Very good drinkability. You'll definitely want to have a few of these.

nice, one of my top 3 beers, There is a bar near me that always has it for 12$ a bottle, but I just wait for march when it is bottled and get a couple of bottles for the year at 5$

You guys reminded me that I still have a few '08 bottles down in my basement, with the old style labels. s*** I checked, and I still have two bottles of '07 Backwoods Bastard down there too!

I'll have to crack one open soon!

Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy beers that expensive these days, but I still have a little stash of stuff in the basement from back when money was less tight.

Review for SA Holiday Porter -

A: Pours a deep, dark brown with a light brown head. Very thick and foamy and lingers for a long time before finally dissipating. Plenty of lacing, and I mean plenty.

S: Roasted caramel malt along with faint biscuit, toffee, and hints of chocolate, coffee, and spice. Very inviting.

T. Very complex and rich. Very similar to the scent - roasted malts with hints of toffee, chocolate, coffee, and faint hops.

M. Smooth while full bodied.

D: This is an impressive porter. Just one will be enough, in my opinion. Not a chugging beer - sit back and enjoy this one.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Just received two bottles of Yuengling Traditional Lager at a Christmas party tonight. This is from America's oldest brewery.

it is also one of the worst beers, on par with a budweiser, and a skunky green bottle to boot

Edited by jollymania

I got a sampler case of Left Hand Brewing Company featuring their Black Jack Porter, 400 Pound Monkey IPA, Sawtooth Ale, and Jackman's Pale Ale. I'm not huge on IPA's, but the 400 Pound Monkey is enjoyable and isn't overtly hop-py. I'm a porter and stout guy, so Black Jack is my favorite - though far from my favorite porter. The other two ales are good, but somewhat forgettable.

Can't complain about free beer, though, especially when it's quality.

Is that for best overall brewery?

here:

Find the bracket here:

http://tinyurl.com/258hty5

Click on match details to see the tallies from previous matches.

If you have questions about the nomination or seeding process, see these topics:

http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/3213052

http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/3215477

It is pretty much what BA thinks is the best overall brewery in north america, out of 151 choices initially apparently

founders takes it

http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/3349188

Edited by jollymania

Sam Adams winter sampler was quite enjoyable. Have to say the chocolate bock was not for me but the rest...mmmmmmmm

Sounds like my kind of beer. I just finished up a 6 pack of McSorley's Black Irish Lager. Delicious!

This has probably been discussed already, but I'm fairly new to this thread. Has anyone watched Beer Wars? It's essentially about the battle that smaller breweries - specifically Sam Adams and Dogfish Head, but there are others involved (like Yuengling) - are left to fight against the giants at Budweiser, Miller, and Busch. Pretty good watch.

Trailer: http://beerwarsmovie.com/trailer/large/