• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

Sounds like my kind of beer. I just finished up a 6 pack of McSorley's Black Irish Lager. Delicious!

I don't remember McSorley's being anything memorable. It comes from the oldest pub in NYC. They serve beers by the twos - overfoamy small mugs. Then again, I haven't been there since college 15 or 16 years ago, when the bartender told my Dominican friend to get off the pay phone because they didn't want any more of his kind there. They also didn't allow women until 1970 when the law made them do it.

Edited by kook_10

lol @ the db, i always see those but i can never buy them, i will be buying one of those minikegs of hopslam though

I have begged a few friends to ship me one of those mini kegs of HopSlam. It may work out. I can't get Michigan beers down here.

I don't remember McSorley's being anything memorable. It comes from the oldest pub in NYC. They serve beers by the twos - overfoamy small mugs. Then again, I haven't been there since college 15 or 16 years ago, when the bartender told my Dominican friend to get off the pay phone because they didn't want any more of his kind there. They also didn't allow women until 1970 when the law made them do it.

Well, I've mentioned I'm a dark beer kind of guy - so it wasn't freak-out worthy or anything, but it was very enjoyable. That really sucks to hear, though, on all accounts. =/

Sounds like my kind of beer. I just finished up a 6 pack of McSorley's Black Irish Lager. Delicious!

This has probably been discussed already, but I'm fairly new to this thread. Has anyone watched Beer Wars? It's essentially about the battle that smaller breweries - specifically Sam Adams and Dogfish Head, but there are others involved (like Yuengling) - are left to fight against the giants at Budweiser, Miller, and Busch. Pretty good watch.

Trailer: http://beerwarsmovie.com/trailer/large/

Yeah, I've seen it. Its a real eye opener as to how much the big 3 of beer will fight to keep the little guys out of the market. This article I found interesting regarding Chicago's beer politics, this kind of thing probably happens in every major city. http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20101120/ISSUE01/311209986/pay-to-play-infects-chicago-beer-market-crains-investigation-finds#axzz1AWIZZlIB

All I have to say is, your product should stand on its own. If you have to use shady politics and what amounts to as bribes for bars to exclusively stock your beer, the beer probably just sucks.

Just bought a fresh 4pk of Double Trouble, and when i poured the first one i nearly orgasmed, I had weened myself off of ipas since i could never find them fresh enough so having such an awesome one after months of other s*** is orgasmic

Review for SA Scotch Ale -

Poured into a Samuel Adams perfect pint glass

A: Poured a deep, dark ruby red. Appearing was a two finger width head which lingered, and left behind a good amount of lacing.

S: Scents of roasted malts, with hoppy and caramel undertones. Subtle earthy notes also detected.

T: As with the scent, roasted malt with caramel and earthy undertones. Hoppy with a bit of smokiness. Very well balanced with a bit of a bitter aftertaste.

M: Full bodied and rich with a good amount of carbonation.

D: Very nice. Just around a session beer.

Over the past few days I drank a 4 pack of Surly Furious, a 4 pack of Surly Abrasive and a growler of Town Hall Masala Mama that a buddy in Minnesota sent to me.:beerbuddy:

Yum!

nice, abrasive has always eluded me, but I have had the other two including the Masala Mama fresh on tap

now having a 2008 Pannepot Riserva

34312.jpg

f***in beaut

Guess who's got Bell's Hopslam.

<-- This guy :thumbup: :beerbuddy:

Word, son. I grabbed a sixer today too!

I walked back to the beer section at the store I stopped at, and they literally had a wall about 6 feet high and six feet wide of Hopslam stacked up. I could see a halo around it shining like an angel. What a glorious sight!!!

Drink up while its fresh my friends!

:beerbuddy:

I am not but I found it while searching for the HopSlam. Seems like a nice investment for the liver.

If you haven't had it before, be careful! lol

I joke about that because it is easily one of the most drinkable beers I have ever had. Not only because it is so smooth and delicious, but also because the alcohol is so well hidden that you can knock them back like a session beer, and before you know it you're drunker than you wanted to be.

Just opened up Sam Adam's latest brew, Revolutionary Rye Ale, winner of the 2010 Beer Lovers Choice campaign. Review -

Poured into a Samuel Adams Perfect Pint Glass.

A: Pours a deep, reddish copper color. Not much of a head and not much

lacing left behind, but no worries here.

S: A bit of spiciness along with rye and hints of citrus. Very welcoming.

T: Hoppy with a bit of rye spice, with citrus and floral notes also making

themselves known, with a slight bitterness making up the aftertaste.

M: Plenty of carbonation with a light to medium mouthfeel. Goes down

nice and smooth.

D. This is a great session beer.