• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

which bar? I could use a good beer bar when I visit the in-laws in Chitown.

It is Uncle Mikes in Kenosha WI, right over the border, I didn't make it because of the snow. It will b gone by the end of the weekend, Im hoping I can sneak in for lunch tomorrow and get it

If you haven't had it before, be careful! lol

I joke about that because it is easily one of the most drinkable beers I have ever had. Not only because it is so smooth and delicious, but also because the alcohol is so well hidden that you can knock them back like a session beer, and before you know it you're drunker than you wanted to be.

Hopslam is the ultimate session beer, screw abv guidelines, a 6 pack of hopslam goes down quicker than a quart of cold water on a hot day after a strenuous workout

Queue choir Ahs:

1295074334.jpg

Hopslam is the ultimate session beer, screw abv guidelines, a 6 pack of hopslam goes down quicker than a quart of cold water on a hot day after a strenuous workout

Haha, no doubt. I told myself yesterday I'd only drink 3 or 4 during the game, but ended up killing a whole sixer. Had to remind myself to knock back a few pints of water before I went to bed, so I didn't wake up with a headache, lol.

Gonna do Hopslam and Double Trouble tonight, to see which comes out ahead. Maybe not 100% fair since DT had been out a couple weeks longer, but oh well.

Hockeytown, you seem to be a big SA fan. Have you tried Noble Pils yet? If not, you definitely should. IMO, its the best beer they make!

Just came out a couple weeks ago too, so its good and fresh still. :yowza:

Gonna do Hopslam and Double Trouble tonight, to see which comes out ahead. Maybe not 100% fair since DT had been out a couple weeks longer, but oh well.

Hockeytown, you seem to be a big SA fan. Have you tried Noble Pils yet? If not, you definitely should. IMO, its the best beer they make!

agreed it is the best SA product

Indeed I am, and I have. I've only had one and it was last year, but I'm already noticing it on shelves. Can't wait to get some.

Also for those in the Ann Arbor area, Busch's has sixers of Hopslam. Had I had extra spending $, would have picked some up.

What's everyone going to be drinking for the SuperBowl?

you mean for the montreal or tampa games?

I will only tune into the superbowl during game action, which is about 10 minutes worth of the 10hrs that the superbowl is, it is such a joke.

i don't know yet though

Party will include both Samuel Adams, Bud Light, Beck's, and Blue Moon.

Right now, drinking a Molson. Review from BA.com -

Overall Grade - C+

A: Pale gold in color, with a decent head that lingers a bit. Pretty much what I expected it to look like. Next to none lacing left behind.

S: Scents of barley and grain, with a touch of hops. Not much, though.

T: Wheaty and grainy. A bit malty and a touch of hops, much like the smell.

M: Very smooth. For sure one of this beer's strengths. Great for watching hockey with, and a go-to on draft at games.

D: Smooth and drinkable. Moderate carbonation.

A fair Canadian brew, basically Canada's Budweiser.

Went with a Coors Banquet earlier, my choice out of BMC (Bud, Miller, Coors).

Overall Grade - B

A: Light golden color, with a medium sized head that fades pretty quickly. Next to none in terms of lacing.

S: Slight hoppy smell, bit of a sweetness as well. Not bad.

T: Very good taste. I'm pleasantly surprised. Light hops and a slight yeast sweetness. Maybe its something in that Rocky Mountain water.

M: Mouthfeel is good. Pretty moderate carbonation, and a clean smooth finish.

D: You could drink this all day and never get tired of it. Very nice drinkability.

When it comes down to choosing the flagship beer of BMC, I'd do as the commercial says - "Gimme a Banquet."

Went with a Coors Banquet earlier, my choice out of BMC (Bud, Miller, Coors).

i don't know how you can possibly give that a B.

Firestone Walker now distributes to Chicago and I picked up a double JAck last night, I think i enjoyed it better than Hopslam, What divinity in a bottle

i don't know how you can possibly give that a B.

Firestone Walker now distributes to Chicago and I picked up a double JAck last night, I think i enjoyed it better than Hopslam, What divinity in a bottle

For the overall style of the American adjunct lager, it's pretty decent. I'd take it over Budweiser any day. It's nothing compared to craft beer, but for BMC, it holds its own IMO.

For the overall style of the American adjunct lager, it's pretty decent. I'd take it over Budweiser any day. It's nothing compared to craft beer, but for BMC, it holds its own IMO.

i haven't tried it, but i have had at least 40 adjunct lagers and have not noticed a noticeable quality difference in pretty much all of them. An I think with bmc you just tend to root for who has the less annoying marketing. For me the best adjunct lager is the cheapest one, because there isn't a major gap between worst and best they all have a corn flavor, it ruins the beer in every occasion, perhaps some not as worse than others but only slightly.

Edited by jollymania

i haven't tried it, but i have had at least 40 adjunct lagers and have not noticed a noticeable quality difference in pretty much all of them. An I think with bmc you just tend to root for who has the less annoying marketing. For me the best adjunct lager is the cheapest one, because there isn't a major gap between worst and best they all have a corn flavor, it ruins the beer in every occasion, perhaps some not as worse than others but only slightly.

With Coors, there's a pronounced sweetness that I think sets it slightly apart from Budweiser and MGD. I'll drink Budweiser at a Tigers game or on a hot day when there's nothing else, but that's pretty much it. I can't stand MGD. I was very pleasantly surprised by Coors Banquet, and I can usually find it around here.

Found a PBR in the fridge, will probably have it sometime later in the week.

With Coors, there's a pronounced sweetness that I think sets it slightly apart from Budweiser and MGD. I'll drink Budweiser at a Tigers game or on a hot day when there's nothing else, but that's pretty much it. I can't stand MGD. I was very pleasantly surprised by Coors Banquet, and I can usually find it around here.

Found a PBR in the fridge, will probably have it sometime later in the week.

I guess it could make sense but honestly i've tried many and yes there are subtleties but the gap between each beer is minuscule. I have the theory that if you just bought the cheapest adjunct lager, boxer lager, your experience wouldn't be incredibly varied from having an mgd or coors. BMC beers are all incredibly overpriced. I would rather just spend my money of craft.

I'll drink Budweiser at a Tigers game or on a hot day when there's nothing else, but that's pretty much it. I can't stand MGD. I was very pleasantly surprised by Coors Banquet, and I can usually find it around here.

Nothing better than a Blue Light or just plain old Blue at Comerica on a hot summer day. Most refreshing beer I can think of. MGD and most Miller products are garbage to me. Miller Lite is pretty much the most overrate beer on the planet Earth. Coor Banquet, however, is super refreshing. Love it.

Nothing better than a Blue Light or just plain old Blue at Comerica on a hot summer day. Most refreshing beer I can think of. MGD and most Miller products are garbage to me. Miller Lite is pretty much the most overrate beer on the planet Earth. Coor Banquet, however, is super refreshing. Love it.

sheesh calling that refreshing I don't know what to say to that, i never knew carbonated corn juice could be so well perceived, try this: Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbeir fresh and moderately chilled on a hot summer day, it is guaranteed the most refreshing thing you will ever have, it is like drinking a springy banana lemon juice with an added hint of clove. It is a life changing experience.

And I get stomach aches form blue light, it is like drinking infected metal/corn water.

Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbeir fresh and moderately chilled on a hot summer day, it is guaranteed the most refreshing thing you will ever have, it is like drinking a springy banana lemon juice with an added hint of clove. It is a life changing experience.

I have seen it before. Definitely sounds like its worth a shot. I believe maybe the hint of clove might put it over the top. I shall provide a review shortly.

sheesh calling that refreshing I don't know what to say to that, i never knew carbonated corn juice could be so well perceived, try this: Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbeir fresh and moderately chilled on a hot summer day, it is guaranteed the most refreshing thing you will ever have, it is like drinking a springy banana lemon juice with an added hint of clove. It is a life changing experience.

And I get stomach aches form blue light, it is like drinking infected metal/corn water.

Wait...so Coors Light isn't the world's most refreshing beer? :o

I kid.

I've never seen anyone drink Blue Light. I unfortunately tried it once. Bud Light is lightyears ahead of it - that's how bad it is.