• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

I've never seen anyone drink Blue Light. I unfortunately tried it once. Bud Light is lightyears ahead of it - that's how bad it is.

laugh.gif Wow. It really isn't THAT bad. Sheesh. I mean I get you guys are beer connoisseurs and all but to state Blue Light is that far behind something like Bud Light? You must not have drank it before. It is a Light beer yes, but it destroys Miller Lite for sure (not saying a whole lot I understand).

laugh.gif Wow. It really isn't THAT bad. Sheesh. I mean I get you guys are beer connoisseurs and all but to state Blue Light is that far behind something like Bud Light? You must not have drank it before. It is a Light beer yes, but it destroys Miller Lite for sure (not saying a whole lot I understand).

like i said above, one adjunct lager cannot destroy another, they all are crappy and not too far from each other in crappiness. Although I did have Light lager form Germany that really did kick all american light beer's asses. It is called Mahr's Leicht, it isn't incredible but it is an all-malt light beer and totally rapes the alcoholic corn juices.

I received Nugget Nectar in a trade today, this stuff isn't up with

Hopslam or Pliny or double Jack but it is a damn fine hoppy red ale/ipa.

I'm definitely not a beer connoisseur, I'm satisfied with American Adjunct Lagers, plus its no secret around here about my incredible bias towards Sam Adams and the Boston Beer Company.

Review for PBR -

A: Pours a clear straw yellow with a finger width head that dissipates quickly. A small amount of lacing left behind.

S: A malty graininess and ever so slight hops. Typical American adjunct lager here.

T: Not bad for the style. As with the scent, malt graininess and slight hops, the usual adjuncts, ect.

M: This one's highly carbonated, light to medium bodied.

D: Could drink it all day.

Basically what I expected. This typical American Adjunct lager gets a passing grade.

like i said above, one adjunct lager cannot destroy another, they all are crappy and not too far from each other in crappiness. Although I did have Light lager form Germany that really did kick all american light beer's asses. It is called Mahr's Leicht, it isn't incredible but it is an all-malt light beer and totally rapes the alcoholic corn juices.

I received Nugget Nectar in a trade today, this stuff isn't up with

Hopslam or Pliny or double Jack but it is a damn fine hoppy red ale/ipa.

I noticed on your BA profile that you've reviewed over 700 beers - how do you get your paws on that many brews?

I noticed on your BA profile that you've reviewed over 700 beers - how do you get your paws on that many brews?

I live with my parents while going to college locally, my dad is into craft beer so he buys a lot of it. I also live between chicago and milwaukee and have access to a huge selection. I generally only buy singles which is way cheaper than 6 packs of each beer. I also have beer loving friends that share, or for instance if I am at a brewpub or bar I will always order samplers. And it is safe to say I spend all of my money on beer, though I am gonna graduate soon and will have to cut waaaaaaaaay back.

I live with my parents while going to college locally, my dad is into craft beer so he buys a lot of it. I also live between chicago and milwaukee and have access to a huge selection. I generally only buy singles which is way cheaper than 6 packs of each beer. I also have beer loving friends that share, or for instance if I am at a brewpub or bar I will always order samplers. And it is safe to say I spend all of my money on beer, though I am gonna graduate soon and will have to cut waaaaaaaaay back.

Just get a decent paying job (I know, easier said than done). My craft beer consumption went up when I got a real job, since I could afford to drink good stuff. Then I got into homebrewing. So not only was I drinking my beer, I had to drink different craft beers to find different styles I liked. There's always a keg of homebrew and various craft beers in my house. Rough life...

If you want an American lager but don't want a BMC product, go with Kona's Longboard. No adjuncts and perfect on a warm day.

Just get a decent paying job (I know, easier said than done). My craft beer consumption went up when I got a real job, since I could afford to drink good stuff. Then I got into homebrewing. So not only was I drinking my beer, I had to drink different craft beers to find different styles I liked. There's always a keg of homebrew and various craft beers in my house. Rough life...

If you want an American lager but don't want a BMC product, go with Kona's Longboard. No adjuncts and perfect on a warm day.

I prefer new glarus two women lager to kona, i found kona to be rather crappy despite no use of adjuncts.

I'll be grabbing some of that soon.

get it soon, the flavor is already probably faded more than it should be, it is one of those beers you have to consume within a month of bottling or it starts to go downhill.

Review for SA Boston Ale -

A: Pours a brown-amber color, very nice head that leaves plenty of lacing

S: A good combination of sweet malt, yeast and hops. Not overpowering, but a very pleasant aroma.

T: Tastes of caramel malts with a bit of a hoppy and dry finish. Very well balanced.

M: Very good mouthfeel, medium feel. Similar to Boston Lager.

D: Good drinkability. Not the beer to slam back, but to be enjoyed, and more than one can easily be had

My beer goes like this:

1) Do I have money? - Yes - Blue Moon or Shock Top.

- No - PBR or Natural Light.

I'm also new to the drinking game, so please don't judge :)

PBR is great whether you have money or not, especially on tap. Get that Natty Light out of here, though.

Taking a couple of friends to Founder's on Saturday. I rarely go because I prefer other places in town, but I'm excited to see what they have on tap now. Maybe I'll fill my growler so I can enjoy flat beer on Sunday.

PBR is great whether you have money or not, especially on tap. Get that Natty Light out of here, though.

Taking a couple of friends to Founder's on Saturday. I rarely go because I prefer other places in town, but I'm excited to see what they have on tap now. Maybe I'll fill my growler so I can enjoy flat beer on Sunday.

This. I believe its one of the worst rated beers in existence.

thumbup.gif Definitely. I love the breweries around here. Definitely an underrated part of Michigan. The craft selections and tastes are second to none.

Thinking we need a GTG @ Rochester Mills or another local brewery during a Wings game