• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

Thinking we need a GTG @ Rochester Mills or another local brewery during a Wings game

I am thinking so as well. I am in for it whenever just PM some info and I will go. Always looking to go somewhere different for a game and have a few.

I am thinking so as well. I am in for it whenever just PM some info and I will go. Always looking to go somewhere different for a game and have a few.

Will look at schedule and see if we can get a few people to bite

Stopped into one of the markets today to buy some things, and asked the guys at the beer & wine counter if they had any KBS, thinking it was already long gone and they'd surely say no, but to my surprise, I got 2 bottles! Also snagged 2 bottles of their Imperial Stout, which I also thought was long gone by now. Sweet!

Stopped into one of the markets today to buy some things, and asked the guys at the beer & wine counter if they had any KBS, thinking it was already long gone and they'd surely say no, but to my surprise, I got 2 bottles! Also snagged 2 bottles of their Imperial Stout, which I also thought was long gone by now. Sweet!

i'm hoping ill get at least a bottle this year

In spirit of the day I will be consuming some Killians. It is by far my favorite overall beer. Aside from the obvious, anyone have some other Irish beer suggestions?

killians is not an irish beer. and tbh there are very few good irish beers, i would say something from the porterhouse brewery.

Had some Augustiner Maximator from a ceramic stein last night, Starkbierzeit is just around the corner, much more of a drinking bonanza than st. p's day. I can't wait to be in Munich in a few weeks.

Opening Day in Detroit kills that laugh.gif

in what? i would rather be in germany drinking beer than at a baseball game being a donkey

It was a joke.... Why. So. Serioussss

And I will let that sink in about rather being in Germany for any reason. Keep living that dream jolly wink.gif

Great Lakes Brewing Co. Burning River Pale Ale -

Poured into a pint glass.

A: Pours a clear golden amber with a two finger width head that sticks around for a bit. Plenty of lacing left behind.

S: Plenty of earthy hops as well as citrus.

T: You're hit with grape-fruity citrus with hints of malt and caramel. Bit of an earthiness as well, and finishes with a slight biternewss. Very clean and nice.

M: Medium mouthfeel, moderate carbonation.

D: Drinkability is fair. I wouldn't go with more than two at a time, but that's just me.

Thinking we need a GTG @ Rochester Mills or another local brewery during a Wings game

Sorry I'm late to the party here...

I think this is a great idea. Maybe a GTG during one of the upcoming playoff games? These are some of my favorites:

(1,2, and 3 are basically the same, just different locales)

1) Rochester Mills

2) Royal Oak Brewery

3) Detroit Beer Company

4) Kuhnhenn's - Good beers, but only 2 TV's, they're big though.

5) Woodward Avenue Brewers - Don't know about their TV situation, I've always sat outside in the summer.

I have been going through St. Arnold's stuff lately. It's a Texas brewery in Houston, and they make some pretty good stuff. Currently working through their recently released Summer Pils, which is pretty good. Prior was Lawnmower, and Texas Wheat.

Not sure what their distribution is, but it's pretty good stuff.