• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

I have been going through St. Arnold's stuff lately. It's a Texas brewery in Houston, and they make some pretty good stuff. Currently working through their recently released Summer Pils, which is pretty good. Prior was Lawnmower, and Texas Wheat.

Not sure what their distribution is, but it's pretty good stuff.

St. Arnold's has limited distribution. They're only in Texas and the larger cities in Louisiana. I generally like all their beers. Summer Pils is a go-to warm weather beer for me. The Winter Stout is good as well, although I generally prefer dry stouts over sweet stouts.

I have been going through St. Arnold's stuff lately. It's a Texas brewery in Houston, and they make some pretty good stuff. Currently working through their recently released Summer Pils, which is pretty good. Prior was Lawnmower, and Texas Wheat.

Not sure what their distribution is, but it's pretty good stuff.

Their winter stout is pretty good, I jsut had the Reserve 10 a few weeks ago, though i found their ipa to be pretty crappy

Review for Samuel Adams White Ale -

Poured into a Samuel Adams glass

A: Pours a cloudy, yellowish-orange haze. Finger width head that fades quickly, with next to no lacing left behind.

S: Very nice scent of wheat, hops, citrus, coriander - this is going to be a good one, I can tell right away.

T: Very pleasant. Very well balanced combination of wheat and hops with the citrus making its presence felt.

M: Medium bodied and moderately carbonated. Very crisp and finishes smooth

D: Good drinkability. Found myself wanting more.

ouch, that stuff is like orange cough syrup, totally artificial

Blasphemy! I actually enjoy Blue Moon, its pretty decent for a commercial beer. Any fruit beer from Sam Adams, now that's cough syrup! (Sorry Hockeytown!!!!)

Blasphemy! I actually enjoy Blue Moon, its pretty decent for a commercial beer. Any fruit beer from Sam Adams, now that's cough syrup! (Sorry Hockeytown!!!!)

No problem with the Cherry Wheat, I'm not a big fan of it. However, I have had SA Blackberry Witbier and enjoyed it.

Review for Hacker-Pschorr Münchner Gold -

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass.

A: Pours a pale gold with a two finger width head that dissipates over time. Moderate lacing left behind.

S: Scent is grainy with sweet malts, slight hops. Hints of spice as well.

T: As with the scent, grainy with sweet malts. Good amount of noble hops along with earthy notes and a slight metallic hint in the aftertaste.

M: Light to medium mouthfeel with moderate carbonation. Finishes smooth and clean - nice and refreshing.

D: Very easy drinking here.

Review for Hacker-Pschorr Münchner Gold -

This beer is pretty great, even in the us, but I haven't had a bottle in the US that was as fresh as it is here, HP also has a beer called Edelhell here that they don't export which is even better.

This beer is pretty great, even in the us, but I haven't had a bottle in the US that was as fresh as it is here, HP also has a beer called Edelhell here that they don't export which is even better.

I got a sixer of this for my birthday, I'm not sure where it was bought but I enjoyed it.

Nice, living in germany i have realized how important freshness is in certain beer types, everything is fresh here.

While I don't live in Germany I have traveled there a fair amount on Vacation before (I love traveling to Europe and I am the only one dumb enough to go with my Dad on his adventures :blink:) But in all seriousness I do agree with you and as I once said "The Beer is better in Frankfurt, Germany then it is Frankfort, Kentucky."

While I don't live in Germany I have traveled there a fair amount on Vacation before (I love traveling to Europe and I am the only one dumb enough to go with my Dad on his adventures :blink:) But in all seriousness I do agree with you and as I once said "The Beer is better in Frankfurt, Germany then it is Frankfort, Kentucky."

Frankfurter beer is actually not the greatest, but I can't say I've had beer form Frankfort.

Frankfurter beer is actually not the greatest, but I can't say I've had beer form Frankfort.

I can't say I've had either but I'd like to try it someday. Munich has very good beer though especially the light at Hofbrauhaus. Though I will say Kentucky is more Whiskey country e.g. Makers Mark, Jim Bean etc.

Edited by IllinoisRedWingsFan