• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

After a very lengthy absence (and change of handle, obviously) I cannot believe that a thread started by little 22 year old me is still goin' strong on here!

Ironically, I've mostly switched to the hard stuff. Maybe I should start a thread about whiskeys....

After a very lengthy absence (and change of handle, obviously) I cannot believe that a thread started by little 22 year old me is still goin' strong on here!

Ironically, I've mostly switched to the hard stuff. Maybe I should start a thread about whiskeys....

I believe that thread is called every gdt ever.

Pretty much everyone here is drinking whiskey or scotch now.

My best friend has her own brand of Scotch Ale "Morrigan" and since she's really active promoting her baby, I've been to a lot of beer festivals lately. Have had many different blends and styles. Even a Chai flavoured one... which was a really odd flavour to taste in a beer, at least for me.

12313978_1628381964095968_32913451963055

I actually like the grapefruit shandy, and I'm not a fan of fruity beers. Could be I just really like grapefruit. 

I struggle to find beer I enjoy in the summertime. I tend to like heavier, stout/ale types and those just aren't as tasty when it's hot out. Atwater's Dirty Blonde is usually my go to when it gets warm--local, easy to obtain, and "summery" enough to be satisfying without feeling super light. 

On 5/18/2017 at 0:13 PM, NerveDamage said:

My best friend has her own brand of Scotch Ale "Morrigan" and since she's really active promoting her baby, I've been to a lot of beer festivals lately. Have had many different blends and styles. Even a Chai flavoured one... which was a really odd flavour to taste in a beer, at least for me.

12313978_1628381964095968_32913451963055

This looks tasty as hell. 

Like twenty 0,5l of some stupid austrian beer last week.

Some czech lagers on Saturday (like ten half-litres).

Very tasty wheats on Sunday (like five) from local brewery and the same on yesterday.

I´m just guessing what to do on today evening. 

6 hours ago, wingfan13 said:

That stuff is so damn good and even better, it's cheap.  I would say hands down the best barrel aged stout for the price.  

looks great, and sounds from Cali... do you know If can I buy it in LA? 

Edited by NerveDamage

On 7/11/2017 at 0:49 PM, wingfan13 said:

That stuff is so damn good and even better, it's cheap.  I would say hands down the best barrel aged stout for the price.  

If you like the High Westified I really recommend the Lagunitas "Will It" if you can find it. They only made a limited quantity this spring (The Lagunitas Brewery near me already ran out) and won't be making more till December, but it's very similar to the High West and super good.

20 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

looks great, and sounds from Cali... do you know If can I buy it in LA? 

Yes, from Cali. I'm sure you'll be able to find it in LA, Lagunitas has gotten pretty big and is expanding out of California now.