• Please log in to reply
858 replies to this topic

#541 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:07 PM

Here is my Picasa web album of beers I have tried. Not all of them are here but if I remember I take pictures of the beers I have had.

Beers
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#542 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,746 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:38 PM

Very impressive.

I've had every Samuel Adams on your list, as well as all of the mainstreams and such. Wish I could get my hands on afew of those that you had.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#543 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,746 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:58 PM

A Samuel Adams Octoberfest sounds great.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#544 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

Here is my Picasa web album of beers I have tried. Not all of them are here but if I remember I take pictures of the beers I have had.

Beers

best one:
Posted Image
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#545 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:16 PM

best one:
Posted Image

Yeah....that one brings a tear to my eye.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#546 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,746 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:26 PM

Where can you find Pliny around Michigan?

#547 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:33 PM

You can't. You would have to order it online. Distribution is very limited.

http://www.russianri...unts/index.html

#548 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,746 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:55 PM

Does it live up to its title of one of the world's top beers?

#549 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:18 PM

Does it live up to its title of one of the world's top beers?

Without a doubt. If you are a fan of IPA's this is one you cannot pass up.

#550 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,746 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:38 PM

Have you reviewed it on BeerAdvocate?

#551 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:46 PM

Have you reviewed it on BeerAdvocate?

I personally have not. If I had more I would send you one to try but I am down to my last bottle.

#552 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:53 PM

The best thing to do is go on beer advocate and trade for a bottle or two. MAKE SURE IT IS FRESH, like no older than a month old.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#553 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,746 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:56 PM

I personally have not. If I had more I would send you one to try but I am down to my last bottle.

No worries :thumbup:

#554 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,746 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:02 PM

My BeerAdvocate review for Samuel Adams Boston Lager -

(A=appearance, S=smell, T=taste, M=mouthfeel, D=drinkability)

Poured from a 12oz bottle into my Samuel Adams Perfect Pint Glass.

A: Beautiful golden amber color - great, fluffy head that lingers for quite a while. Plenty of nice lacing on the glass. I've heard that you're able to float a coin on top of the head, but didn't give it a shot.

S: Breathed in a fantastic aroma. The large amount of hops used is clearly present in the scent, nice floral and citrus notes are also present.

T: Amazing. Perfect balance of hops and malt. Full flavored with a hint of citrus note. Just the right amount of bitterness. Rich and complex - a truly fantastic experience for your palate. Like the commercial says, "Try a Sam Adams and know that's what beer is supposed to taste like." It's not hard to see why it won Best Beer in America less than a year after Jim Koch re-discovered the recipe.

M: Medium-bodied, very well rounded and smooth. Moderate amount of carbonation, finishes very clean.

D: Fantastic drinkability, and incredibly refreshing. You'll want to have another, it certainly isn't hard to drink a few of these.

Forget Budweiser - Boston Lager is the Great American Lager, and Samuel Adams is the King of Beers. If ever there were perfection in a bottle, this would be it. Thank you Jim Koch for venturing into your attic that fateful day back in 1984.

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 28 October 2010 - 12:35 PM.

#555 VanDer

VanDer

Irish Wing!

• PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:00 PM

Beers

Best photo album ever!

so many beers i have never heard of there. The only ones i have tried are Harp and Heineken and both in your pics are completely different bottles from what i get here

#556 DETMURDS

DETMURDS

MEMBER #129 since 2002

• Gold Booster
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:27 PM

Yes,..I am from Fraser. Michigan, but I live in Seabeck, Washington,..outside of Seattle, about two hours. Micro brews are outstanding here. But, this is what I have to say about beer. It depends on what you are doing,..for me,..if I am outside doing some work on the tractor, in the barn, or in the garden, I drink the cheap stuff. Stuff like Milwaukee's Best,..it is about quench, not a taste testing event. I have been told I shouldn't drink that cheap crap, but when I ask them what would they drink, they say Miller! Miller makes Milwaukee's best,...same crap!

On the other hand,..if it is a festive event like Thanksgiving, or a festival for example,..I like something with great taste, a stout, or a porter does well.

One can never go wrong drinking a fine-crafted pilsner, or heavy ale brew either.

I grow hops on my farm just for the beauty of the flower, and there is nothing like the aroma of it either. One sniff, you want to drink a gallon of some fine brew!

Beer is just good food, no matter what style or brand it might be.

#557 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:31 PM

Yes,..I am from Fraser. Michigan, but I live in Seabeck, Washington,..outside of Seattle, about two hours. Micro brews are outstanding here. But, this is what I have to say about beer. It depends on what you are doing,..for me,..if I am outside doing some work on the tractor, in the barn, or in the garden, I drink the cheap stuff. Stuff like Milwaukee's Best,..it is about quench, not a taste testing event. I have been told I shouldn't drink that cheap crap, but when I ask them what would they drink, they say Miller! Miller makes Milwaukee's best,...same crap!

On the other hand,..if it is a festive event like Thanksgiving, or a festival for example,..I like something with great taste, a stout, or a porter does well.

One can never go wrong drinking a fine-crafted pilsner, or heavy ale brew either.

I grow hops on my farm just for the beauty of the flower, and there is nothing like the aroma of it either. One sniff, you want to drink a gallon of some fine brew!

Beer is just good food, no matter what style or brand it might be.

Cool, do you know what kind of hops are growing ? If I were you, I would be brewing beer with those things. Tale some pictures. I would love to see them.

#558 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:40 PM

My favorite beer while watching the wings is probably Killians... can't beat a red lager while watching the red wings

SO DELICIOUS

I want to brew my own beer some day... <_<

#559 DETMURDS

DETMURDS

MEMBER #129 since 2002

• Gold Booster
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:44 PM

Cool, do you know what kind of hops are growing ? If I were you, I would be brewing beer with those things. Tale some pictures. I would love to see them.

Cascade Hops! As for pics, we have to wait until next year. I did brew at one time, enjoyed it but with all the animals, toys, and farm equipment I don't have the time to do so at this time. ..My wife says I have too many hobbies as it is.

#560 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:03 AM

I grow my own hops, night now i only have nugget cause they just happened to be selling it at the local plant store
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users