#561 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,594 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:23 AM

Who else uses BeerAdvocate?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#562 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:25 AM

Who else uses BeerAdvocate?

Every day.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#563 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,594 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:28 AM

What are you known as on there? Link to my profile -

HockeytownBrew

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#564 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:51 PM

I brew my own, so those are my favorite beers :) I have a smokey porter, a nice belgian-style IPA, and apriocot wheat right now. I'll probably brew a stout next weekend.

Molson is my hockey watching beer. Other than that I'm a fan of anything microbrewed.

#565 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,594 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:21 PM

I'll drink Miller Lite while watching the Wings.

#566 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:25 AM

Posted Image

here's an irish stout that totally kills guinness
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#567 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,594 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:37 AM

I'd be willing to bet a lot of beers are better than Guinness. I was not impressed by it at all.

#568 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:55 PM

I'd be willing to bet a lot of beers are better than Guinness. I was not impressed by it at all.

well guiness is one of the worst beers in the world, but some people seem to think it is good, it obviously isn't
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#569 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:51 PM

Support michigan
Posted Image

damn this beer is a tasty one
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#570 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,594 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:16 PM

Only Michigan bottled beer I've had is Wolverine.

#571 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:54 PM

I want to brew my own beer some day... <_<

It's much easier than you think. If you can boil water and follow basic instructions, you can brew beer. Hell, I can brew a decent wheat beer, and my red ale is pretty good, too.
*this space for rent*

#572 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:04 PM

Only Michigan bottled beer I've had is Wolverine.

shameful

tonight having some from cleveland:
Posted Image
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#573 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:00 PM

Just got done brewing a peach wheat. This one should turn out well. I was sober during the whole brewing process and it went smoothly.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#574 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

I only support Michigan beer. A close family friend is the brewmast for Shorts beer, so i mostly drink that, except Molson or Labatte is what i drank during Wings' games.

I'd love to try some of your home brewed beers!!! Any of you guys near Traverse City =]
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#575 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:12 PM

I only support Michigan beer. A close family friend is the brewmast for Shorts beer, so i mostly drink that, except Molson or Labatte is what i drank during Wings' games.

I'd love to try some of your home brewed beers!!! Any of you guys near Traverse City =]

Can you convince him to ship me some Hangin Frank ?

#576 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:40 AM

Can you convince him to ship me some Hangin Frank ?

me too
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#577 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,594 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:49 PM

How often do you find locally brewed cherry brews up there?

#578 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:03 PM

How often do you find locally brewed cherry brews up there?

Lol a lot, there are quite a few up here, plus there are some AMAZING local cherry wines. Obviously, they brews and wines are most abundant during the Cherry Festival, but year round there are some good ones. The best cherry brew is hands down the Black Cherry Porter by Shorts. I recommend it if you find it.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#579 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

Lol a lot, there are quite a few up here, plus there are some AMAZING local cherry wines. Obviously, they brews and wines are most abundant during the Cherry Festival, but year round there are some good ones. The best cherry brew is hands down the Black Cherry Porter by Shorts. I recommend it if you find it.

i have 5 lbs of door county cherries right now that i am going to make a wild ale from, sort of related
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#580 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:10 PM

i have 5 lbs of door county cherries right now that i am going to make a wild ale from, sort of related

Send me some :) I love cherry anything ha
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users