• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

Guest redwingsfan04

nice beer izzy! im hydrating myself today for a long binge drinking session where i plan to down a 18 case!!!

Thanks!

Yuengling is delicious. I had it visiting a friend down in North Carolina - but they don't have it at the bars up here unfortunately. :(

I also visited the Michigan Brewing Company 2 weekends ago in Webberville. Got a tour of the facility too by the family that owns it - nice people, nice brewery. I tried about 6 beers there and my favorite by far was the Celis Grand Cru - delicious. It's got a bit of a fruity taste to it, but not overpowering. Just a damn good beer.

anyone else going to the michigan summer beer festival? it's july 25th and 26th (my birthday!) in depot town in ypsilanti.

i think it's like...25 bucks for the 25th, 30 for the 26th and they tack five dollars on if you buy your tickets at the gate. bring a designated driver, it's only 5 bucks for them to get in!

i don't know what brewing companies are gonna be there, since the festival page isn't up yet but they usually have an incredible selection of craft beers from all over the state. besides, everyone knows that as far as american beer goes, michigan brews the best!

michiganbrewersguild.org for more information as it develops.

I'll second Ozzy318's comments about Great Lakes Brewing Company, particularly the Edmund Fitzgerald. I'm a huge dark beer fan, and that one is probably my favorite. I've had a couple others (usually in the hockey locker room) but I don't remember what they're called. Maybe Burning River?? I loves me some porters though.

During Wings games, it's only Honey Brown. Don't know why, but it's lucky and I'll go with it. Yet another reason that Good Time Charley's in Ann Arbor is amazing. They've got it on tap.

I'm also a big fan of Spotted Cow (one of the Wisconsin microbrews that I've come to love so, so much).

I also really like the Scottish beer Tennent's, but I haven't been able to find it since I moved away from Ann Arbor (Conor O'Neil's has it on tap, Whole Foods has the bottles).

Someone mentioned blueberry beer. I had some in Bar Harbor up in Maine and it was amazing. I picked up a six pack of a different kind (also from Maine) and I can't drink it...it's too sweet. That stuff from Bar Harbor was great though.

If I want piss beer, it's gonna be Coors Light more than likely. I took the brewery tour when I was out in Denver for the Frozen Four. Good stuff! They gave us a sample of beer that was freshly brewed (yum) and then at the end of the tour, you could have 3 beers of whatever kind you want that they brew.

n2220683_42824209_7550.jpg

Edited by Packer487

Holiday Market in the RO is another good place for beer, TONS and TONS of beer there. Unfortunately one of my favorites, Bell's best brown ale, is out of season now, damnit.

Man i just bought a six pack of this crazy IPA its called HOPHEAD from tree brewing company its fanfreakintastic i suggest you guys try it, if your into IPAs and HOPS only!

i have had it. It is pretty good. You should try Hopslam from Bells. They only brew it from January to March. It is very strong at 10% abv. Basically it is wine...

anyone else going to the michigan summer beer festival? it's july 25th and 26th (my birthday!) in depot town in ypsilanti.

i think it's like...25 bucks for the 25th, 30 for the 26th and they tack five dollars on if you buy your tickets at the gate. bring a designated driver, it's only 5 bucks for them to get in!

i don't know what brewing companies are gonna be there, since the festival page isn't up yet but they usually have an incredible selection of craft beers from all over the state. besides, everyone knows that as far as american beer goes, michigan brews the best!

michiganbrewersguild.org for more information as it develops.

Is anyone here a member of the Michigan brewers guild? I am thinking about this or the Ann Arbor Brewers Guild. I have brewed a few batches of pilsners and porters.

Borsodi and Soproni Hungarian beers... though I've never been able to find them in America.

I actually went to a brewery in Vienna and had the best beer in my life. Unfortunately the beer was so good that I don't remember the name of the actual brewery, I just know it was like candy.

it seems so easy to f up fruit beer and make something that tastes like cough syrup, fruit punch, or (in the case of leinenkugel berry weiss) cheap church wine. not to mention i'm not usually

Yeah, there's definitely an art to making beer with fruit in it. And Leinenkugel sucks ever since they were bought out by Miller.

Yeah, there's definitely an art to making beer with fruit in it. And Leinenkugel sucks ever since they were bought out by Miller.

see, i didn't even know they got bought out by miller. that explains so much.

see, i didn't even know they got bought out by miller. that explains so much.

Yeah, as much as Miller might say they are proud of their beer, they definitely try to keep it under the radar when they buy out microbreweries.

http://www.abita.com/brew/amber.html

This below is an extremely good brand of Abita beer and I'm probably going to get a pack during my next grocery run. I never really liked Purple Haze all that much, too sweet. This weekend might be a good one to stop at the Abita Brewery Pub not too far from where I live.

AMBER

Abita Amber is a Munich style lager brewed with crystal malt and Perle hops. It has a smooth, malty, slightly caramel flavor and a rich amber color. Abita Amber was the first beer offered by the brewery and continues to be our leading seller.

It has been voted "best beer" in numerous

New Orleans reader polls and is used frequently in recipes of great Louisiana chefs.

Amber.jpg

ok so i am currently drinking an ebulum elderberry black ale made by heather ale. as i said in the op, heather ale is one of my favourites but i'd never tried this particular type before today.

holy woah. it's so good. there's a lot going on in it, but it all ties together so well. it got a really high score on ratebeer.com too:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/heather-ales-ebulum/5124/

mmmmmm. plus it was only 2.79 for an individual bottle at merchant's. i couldn't pass it up!

I went to the home of Abita beer for a while earlier this evening in the small town of Abita Springs, LA. They have a brewery itself which has very limted hours unfortuantely near the Abita Brew Pub and Restaurant. I tried some new local flavors.

http://www.abita.com/

Abita Golden - http://www.abita.com/brew/golden.html

Nothing too out of the ordinary with this one I think. It's a lot like your ordinary Bud Light or Coors Light, just with a little stronger kick I think. Doesn't bother me though as I like drinking Coors Light.

Abita Golden is a crisp, clean continental lager.

Just four ingredients are all it takes: American malt, Mt. Hood hops, German lager yeast and pure Abita spring water.

As the name applies, Abita Golden has a brilliant gold color.

Its crisp, clean flavor makes this light lager the perfect match for Louisiana Creole food.

Now for the interesting one...

Abita Jockamo IPA - http://www.abita.com/brew/jockamo.html

Probably wasn't too wise to choose this beer while I ate dinner. It had a very sweet, citrus-like after taste. Wasn't all that strong with alcohol content per se, but the sweetness of it made it take a while to drink. Eating a 10-ounce hamburger while I was consuming it slowed down the pace as well. :lol:

The newest Abita brew takes its name and inspiration from the Mardi Gras Indians of New Orleans. Looking for Indians on Mardi Gras Day is a tradition for many New Orleans families. A cultural phenomenon familiar to residents of the Crescent City, the Mardi Gras Indians are not well known to outsiders and Abita is proud to help share their story with the world.

Unfortuantely eating an entire 10-oz burger made me run out of gas or I would've tried one more flavor, but next time. I'm going to go back there over one of the next weekends soon to try a few different beers out. Abita Amber still rules all though.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

How far outside of New Orleans is the Abita Brewery? Next time I'm in New Orleans, I'll have to take a road trip.

The brewery itself and the pub/restaurant are probably no more than a mile away from each other. The brewery has extremely limited touring hours though just during afternoons. The pub/restaurant isn't anything too much out of the ordinary of a restaurant, but it's still a solid place to hang out at and the like, plus some of the brew machines there are cool to stare at.

Honestly you could just get Abita beer at pretty much any bar in New Orleans obviously but if you want to make the trek, Abita Springs is probably about a 45-mile drive north of the New Orleans area.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Abita+Springs+LA/

The brewery itself and the pub/restaurant are probably no more than a mile away from each other. The brewery has extremely limited touring hours though just during afternoons. The pub/restaurant isn't anything too much out of the ordinary of a restaurant, but it's still a solid place to hang out at and the like, plus some of the brew machines there are cool to stare at.

Honestly you could just get Abita beer at pretty much any bar in New Orleans obviously but if you want to make the trek, Abita Springs is probably about a 45-mile drive north of the New Orleans area.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Abita+Springs+LA/

I'm more interested in the brewery, as I'm sure you know, having lived here, you can get Abita all over Texas as well. Although all I usually see in town is Amber, Purple Haze, and Turbodog.

Guest redwingsfan04

Pilsner Uraquell is freakin crazy i love the can and the bottle too they look soo sexy!