• Please log in to reply
858 replies to this topic

#581 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,948 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:19 PM

How are they in comparison to say, Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat(brewed with cherries from TC)

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#582 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

Got a shipment from back home today. Enjoyed these with a Wings win.

Attached Files

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#583 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,948 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:36 PM

I wonder what beer the Flames fans are crying in right now.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#584 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:38 PM

I wonder what beer the Flames fans are crying in right now.

Something sour.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#585 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,948 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:46 PM

Something sour.

Anyone ever try a sour brew?

#586 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:48 PM

Oh yeah...those other bottles in the picture of Pliny I posted are sours.

#587 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

How are they in comparison to say, Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat(brewed with cherries from TC)

sacw tastes like medicine, im fairly certain the short's beers will not

Ive had tons, and Living in ann arbor you have one of the most popular sour beer producers right downtown with Jolly Pumpkin, go to their brewpub, it is an excellent place to eat and drink.

Oh yeah...those other bottles in the picture of Pliny I posted are sours.

supplication is with cherries right? I preferred consecration, i always get confused by the RR sours since there are so many of them
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#588 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:36 PM

sacw tastes like medicine, im fairly certain the short's beers will not

Ive had tons, and Living in ann arbor you have one of the most popular sour beer producers right downtown with Jolly Pumpkin, go to their brewpub, it is an excellent place to eat and drink.

supplication is with cherries right? I preferred consecration, i always get confused by the RR sours since there are so many of them

Yep. All three of the sours I have had from them have been really good.

#589 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:03 AM

tonight the after hockey meal is... Lagunitas Imperial Stout
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#590 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:44 AM

I only support Michigan beer. A close family friend is the brewmast for Shorts beer, so i mostly drink that, except Molson or Labatte is what i drank during Wings' games.

Can you send some Shorts to Texas? The only Michigan beer I've ever seen down here is a few of the Celis ones from MBC, probably because Celis was located in Austin for a while before Miller than MBC bought the brand. Every time I go home, I always stock up on Michigan beer. The mitten is easily one of the top 5 states for beer in the country, way way better than Texas.

I've had plenty but I'm not just not a huge fan of Belgian and/or sour beers. I did have the lagunitas little sumpin wild a while ago, which is a Belgian pale ale that was pretty good. I don't know if Lagunitas distributes in Michigan, but they make some tasty beers.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#591 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:20 AM

Can you send some Shorts to Texas? The only Michigan beer I've ever seen down here is a few of the Celis ones from MBC, probably because Celis was located in Austin for a while before Miller than MBC bought the brand. Every time I go home, I always stock up on Michigan beer. The mitten is easily one of the top 5 states for beer in the country, way way better than Texas.

I've had plenty but I'm not just not a huge fan of Belgian and/or sour beers. I did have the lagunitas little sumpin wild a while ago, which is a Belgian pale ale that was pretty good. I don't know if Lagunitas distributes in Michigan, but they make some tasty beers.

LSW was more or less an IPA, i loved it, only 4$ for a bomber too
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#592 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:40 AM

LSW was more or less an IPA, i loved it, only 4$ for a bomber too

I think its some kind of IPA/Wheat with Belgian yeast. Whatever it is, it works. And at 4 bucks, the price is right!

#593 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:53 AM

I think its some kind of IPA/Wheat with Belgian yeast. Whatever it is, it works. And at 4 bucks, the price is right!

Have you tried Lagunitas Hop Stoopid ? The Twin Liquors in and around Austin always seem to have it and it is under $4 for a 22oz. It's pretty good.

#594 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

What's the worst beer you've ever had? I'd have to think about that one.

Golden Anniversary

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#595 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:03 PM

Have you tried Lagunitas Hop Stoopid ? The Twin Liquors in and around Austin always seem to have it and it is under $4 for a 22oz. It's pretty good.

I've seen it at Spec's but I haven't tried it yet. I'll have to give it a try.

#596 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,948 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

Samuel Adams winter brew case is out now. Can't wait.

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 05 November 2010 - 07:28 PM.

#597 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:29 AM

Samuel Adams winter brew case is out now. Can't wait.

SA Octoberfest wasn't that bad.

Worst beer ever: Steel Reserve or that nasty Four Loko crap. I'm 24, and apparently I'm suppose to love Four Loko.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#598 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:36 AM

Worst beer ever: Steel Reserve or that nasty Four Loko crap. I'm 24, and apparently I'm suppose to love Four Loko.

Michigan is banning that Four Loko s***. I have never had it and never will. It looks awful. It is just a strong wine cooler.

#599 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,948 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:40 PM

If "wasn't that bad" means "perhaps the best seasonal beer ever and a true shame it's only available for a limited time", I'm right there with you.

#600 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:03 PM

well guiness is one of the worst beers in the world, but some people seem to think it is good, it obviously isn't

Guinness is pretty much what a dry Irish stout should be. Most definitely not one of the worst beers in the world.

I've had a lot of Jolly Pumpkin's offerings, which use wild belgian yeast in all their ales; makes them all pretty sour. Their Bam Biere is pretty good, as is their stout (forgot the name)

Edited by ACallToArms, 07 November 2010 - 02:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users