• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JayUp88

Awesome Stanley Cup Finals Commercial

Rate this topic

i'm convinced that this commercial was not made by the NHL. How do i know this? No Sidney Crosby! Therefore, must have been made as a hoax! It is terrific though!

haha too funny :thumbup: imagine if they stuck in crosby's face into lemiex's body to show him raise the cup loool

haha too funny :thumbup: imagine if they stuck in crosby's face into lemiex's body to show him raise the cup loool

I paused it as soon as i saw lemieux's name and face to make sure i didnt see a crosby figure superimposed into the background or something...and nothing, so im even more convinced than ever that this is not a true NHL Commerical!

I paused it as soon as i saw lemieux's name and face to make sure i didnt see a crosby figure superimposed into the background or something...and nothing, so im even more convinced than ever that this is not a true NHL Commerical!

Cool, but one question: Considering that the commercial is supposed to show snapshots of the cup champs though history, why do we see so many pics of the 'Canes holding the cup. I could understand showing the Oilers, Detroit, NJ, several times, but why do the Canes deserve so much love for their (count 'em) one cup.

Cool, but one question: Considering that the commercial is supposed to show snapshots of the cup champs though history, why do we see so many pics of the 'Canes holding the cup. I could understand showing the Oilers, Detroit, NJ, several times, but why do the Canes deserve so much love for their (count 'em) one cup.

My thoughts exactly.

outstanding. gives me chills about the fact that it is for real that

the Wings are that close to this beloved piece of metal...

:champs:

not enough Crosby!!!!!!!

:P

buahahaah :D :D :D

but you got the point here :) NHL not gunning for newbie fans (and making

die hard ppl puke) but actually making a commercial for those hard fans...

that's something new

Edited by akustyk

Side note, IF the wings win, does Lids take the first lap with the trophy or does he pull an Yzerman and hand it to Drake the vet that hasn't won the cup yet?

I should say that if Lids takes the lap himself he deserves it as the first Euro born captain to win the cup, so I don't want people thinking I am saying Lids has to give it to him or if he doesn't he is a bad leader or whatever other negativity can be derived from my original statement.

I personally think Lids with 3 cups already hands it to Drake with a huge smile on both of their faces!!! Drake then hands it to Z, the next most deserving player!

But that is just what I hope to see.

Edited by Opie

I'd have to say that's one of the best hockey commercials I've seen. Ever.

Agreed.

Anyone know when that was made? It gives me hope that the NHL finally has a decent advertising agency.

EDIT: Just saw the info on the actual youtube page. It says it's a new ad. good to see. (and I guess I could've figured it out with Niedermayer in there as a Duck. :P)

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I personally think Lids with 3 cups already hands it to Drake with a huge smile on both of their faces!!! Drake then hands it to Z, the next most deserving player!

I can see Drake skating with it right away

Side note, IF the wings win, does Lids take the first lap with the trophy or does he pull an Yzerman and hand it to Drake the vet that hasn't won the cup yet?

I should say that if Lids takes the lap himself he deserves it as the first Euro born captain to win the cup, so I don't want people thinking I am saying Lids has to give it to him or if he doesn't he is a bad leader or whatever other negativity can be derived from my original statement.

But that is just what I hope to see.

I think Lids will take a lap, becouse it will be his first cup as Captain.