• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
goredwings

Question

Rate this topic

I will be arriving from Calgary on the 24 early in the morning and was wondering if someone could tell me if there is anything happening at the JOE during the day besides the morning skates?

Thanks

They had a BBQ at the South East (riverfront) entrance which looked and smelled pretty cool... Live bands play up above the will call boot on the North West (Gordie Howe) entrance. Lots of stuff to do around the arena

They had a BBQ at the South East (riverfront) entrance which looked and smelled pretty cool... Live bands play up above the will call boot on the North West (Gordie Howe) entrance. Lots of stuff to do around the arena

Got any more info about this BBQ?

Just wondering if the jersey has made it's appearance on the Spirit of Detroit statue yet. I seem to remember they stopped that whole thing though in the past right???

Got any more info about this BBQ?

Its was brand new for round three but they had a live band by the stairs and a tent with brats, sausages and other grilled items along with beer (kinda pricey so we just went to will call) My friend took a pic of it and posted it on facebook... I'll send it to you tonight!

It's not hockey related, but there is a HUGE electronic music festival happening at Hart Plaza just a stones throw from the Joe. Not sure if this is your thing or not, but I know I'll be wasting an hour or two there on Monday before game two :)

Just wondering if the jersey has made it's appearance on the Spirit of Detroit statue yet. I seem to remember they stopped that whole thing though in the past right???

Not happening this year. It's being worked on and unavailable until August.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...TRO01/805210356

Bummer. I was wondering what would happen if the Wings and Pistons both made the Finals too.

It's not hockey related, but there is a HUGE electronic music festival happening at Hart Plaza just a stones throw from the Joe. Not sure if this is your thing or not, but I know I'll be wasting an hour or two there on Monday before game two :)

Oh no what out for the stoners :hehe:

Oh no what out for the stoners :hehe:

Hey!!!

We stoners are a nice group of people, we are usually very passive and easy going, it is those of us that take the hippie mentality too far and forget to bath regularly and get stinky you need to watch out for. But they are easy to find, just look for the pigpen like dust cloud!

yeah seriously. i was gonna say "yeah if you like watching 16 year old kids overdose on pills and pass out from heat exhaustion, DEMF is the place to BE!"

That's more like it.

I have nothing wrong with stoners. they are a very friendly group of people. i was just making a joke :cool:

That's more like it.

I have nothing wrong with stoners. they are a very friendly group of people. i was just making a joke :cool:

I know you were joking, I was joking back with you, I may or may not be a stoner :ph34r: , but I was just having a little fun back with you!

yeah seriously. i was gonna say "yeah if you like watching 16 year old kids overdose on pills and pass out from heat exhaustion, DEMF is the place to BE!"

Hmmmm. Gotta take some issue with this one. I'm more than twice 16 years old, probably about the same age as most of the more well known performers. I'll also be spending time there not taking pills or dancing with glow sticks, just enjoying the music in the sun. Not everyone that likes old school Detroit techno is or ever was a candy raving clown. Some of us are just big music fans (of all genres).

Not that I think you intended to offend, but just thought I should clarify. :)

Hmmmm. Gotta take some issue with this one. I'm more than twice 16 years old, probably about the same age as most of the more well known performers. I'll also be spending time there not taking pills or dancing with glow sticks, just enjoying the music in the sun. Not everyone that likes old school Detroit techno is or ever was a candy raving clown. Some of us are just big music fans (of all genres).

Not that I think you intended to offend, but just thought I should clarify. :)

i know that! and i certainly didn't mean to offend you, or anyone else who really is into detroit techno. i do however think you're in the minority.

and people like this:

l_d36e7c50cee69090107567653fc81adb.jpg

are the majority.

Is it me or am I the only one that thinks the last thing those for want to see is boobs, well maybe man boobs! Especially the two to the right!